The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Travis Boyd off waivers

I know people want to be quick to bash waiver pickups, but especially when most of the league is up against the cap and trying to make some space, we can get some good bargains.  We are down 2 forwards in EP an Pearson for at least another 10 days, and don't really have anyone to call on (yes, both Vesey and Boyd are better than Bailey).  Getting free cheap players is a smart play.  Boyd has decent size and has produced fairly welll in limited games/minutes.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Haha.  Claim all the Leafs!!

I'm still disappointed we did not claim Spezza - but put the screws to them in any way you can.

Spamaplan must be annoyed af.

Shanahan is too busy building a team that's well equipped to make a deep playoff run this year

I doubt he cares about basement dwelling Vancouver.  Lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • RoughGame 3

14 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Funny how in the space of a week, the Canucks acquired two bottom-six players signed for no term and very cheap.

Certain users on this board would try to have you believe that Benning had no choice but to sign Beagle, Sutter, Roussel, et al., for the prices and terms they did.

Makes you wonder...

Please post a quote of any poster on this board saying"Benning had no choice but to sign  Beagle, Sutter, Roussel, et al."

Any post, by any poster sayng J.B had "no choice."

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Please post a quote of any poster on this board saying"Benning had no choice but to sign  Beagle, Sutter, Roussel, et al."

Any post, by any poster sayng J.B had "no choice."

"Would try to have you believe" =/= a verbatim, word-for-word comment

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Tweeter between AHL & NHL...

I wonder why this pickup was made...

We have too many forwards injured right now and it would take 14 days to pull someone from Utica. 700k contract isn't bad for a bottom 6 insurance policy who you can let walk away at the end of the season.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Shanahan is too busy building a team that's well equipped to make a deep playoff run this year

I doubt he cares about basement dwelling Vancouver.  Lol

you need to work on your game

a little more subtlety would go a long way.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Not a Leaf fan but I don't need to take cheap shots at an organization that we should strive to be like.

We want to be a top heavy team with questionable depth, poor goaltending, who's best players disapear in crunch time?

As tough as this year has been, we are set up far better than the Leafs going forward.  They have not accomplished S*** at this stage with that roster.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2