The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Travis Boyd off waivers

29 minutes ago, SNuck said:

Everyone should be happy the realization only took 7 years. 

If Boyd proves to be longer term replacement material for Sutter or Beagle - I'll give you that.  I'm doubtful of that.

Otherwise, it may remain the fanbase that needs to realize the value of having hard minutes centers in transition stages.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

To certain degree he did. Beagle and Sutter were for sure sought after by many teams. Not sure about Roussel 

He was, including his first year here before his knee injury, a solid, two way 3rd liner, elite pest, with borderline 2nd line production. Yes, he was.

41 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And heard from across the continent, Kole Lind's "WTF"

Both currently out with a broken nose and subject to a 14 day, cross border, quarantine requirement.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

He was, including his first year here before his knee injury, a solid, two way 3rd liner, elite pest, with borderline 2nd line production. Yes, he was.

I thought Roussel was excellent for us his first year and then that brutal injury... 

I just don’t remember hearing about other teams interests when he was a FA. Not to say he wasn’t sought after but I remember lots of teams having interest in Sutter and Beagle. Both players who are still very good at what they do and extremely under appreciated. I thought Sutter had slowed since his injuries but has seemed to have bounced back over that last year ish since the playoffs I’d say.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, SNuck said:

lololol. I wonder who Toronto will send over next. 

I'd be ok with Matthews 50% retained for Eriksson next :P

As for this pickup.... Don't know much about Boyd until now...

His stats actually look solid and given that 700k cap... fellow Minnesota boy for Brocky to make him feel more at home so he'll never leave ;)

Oh another Travis on the team... Trifecta!

Loved the Vesey acquisition and this one looks like it could work out too!

Disclaimer: Really don't think I ever saw this guy play, but more often than not, Jim the KING is right. I will trust Jims judgement and believe in this pickup. His hands have been tied with covid but 2 Tarrrrrana pickups are just what the doctor ordered. No quarantine, ready to get vengeance against their old team that gave up on them... and seriously love the fact that he's from Minny. Prob my fav American state.

:towel:Cup or bust:towel:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

is pods getting any closer to coming over?

funny how every thing that benji does, brings out the worst in fans. i think these moves are low risk and can be walked away from if they are not what we need. we are definately going to lose players after this season by trade or let walk. there is a good chance that lind and pods will play next season. good luck canucks.

Im thinking and hoping its precursor to someone being shipped out to open cap? maybe one of Rous or Beagle? Jim would look like a genuis if he pulls that off and uses Boyd at 700k cap hit instead...

Then maybe people will stop calling the whambulance over his cap management :P

5 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

funny how every thing that benji does, brings out the worst in fans. i think these moves are low risk and can be walked away from if they are not what we need. we are definately going to lose players after this season by trade or let walk. there is a good chance that lind and pods will play next season. good luck canucks.

Wont hallen this year 

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Funny how in the space of a week, the Canucks acquired two bottom-six players signed for no term and very cheap.

Certain users on this board would try to have you believe that Benning had no choice but to sign Beagle, Sutter, Roussel, et al., for the prices and terms they did.

Makes you wonder...

Context is everything.  Think about it a little more.  Yuull understand

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

Yes Benning worshipper, those signings were the art of your god, Benning. Very nice, worship more. I will continue to post my opinions that reflect what is good or bad for the team, thank you lol. I actually didn't even bash Benning in my post, it was just comments stating on facts, don't get so sensitive lol. 

More like a reasonable thinker.  Something that eludes you

Thomas Drance seems to think that there are strong reasons to see this as a precursor to moves, which I would hope, but it just seems to be more of a injury issue than anything.

As mentioned multiple times already, I don't think Boyd is an adequate replacement C if the Canucks move out someone like Sutter.  Having said that, the Canucks yield a fourth line of Motte/Roussel-Hawryluk-Boyd.  If Motte's on that line, then each player would have played C before and could slot in to take faceoffs.  I don't think Hawryluk has taken a lot of faceoffs in the NHL so far in his career, but it seems like he has been used in that capacity before, so it can't hurt.

Motte-Hawryluk-Boyd is my preferred 4th line set up while Beagle is out.  It should be a high energy and very pesky 4th line to play against.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

Bang on Joe, cheap easy to walk away from contracts......so let's take a look, right?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1