The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Travis Boyd off waivers

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

Again, solid cheap depth, no complaints.

Imagine not having to overspend for warm bodies to fill up your bottom-6.

What a world.

Hey look, two smart pickups in one week by this management group.

I could have sworn reading this forum the past five years that minimum contract guys like Dowd, Boyd, Vesey are far inferior to guys like Beagle, Roussel.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Leafs fan confirmed 

Lol nah.  I just don't see a reason to hate the Leafs or take shots at them.  Then again, I'm not from BC (though I'd love to visit one day) and maybe I don't quite get the hate.  Do 4PM starts on a weekend really irk a whole province?  Kinda lame if you ask me but to each their own.

In any event, Shanahan started the same time as Linden/Benning.  In that time, more playoff appearances than us, about the same (if not slightly better or worse) drafting, and a lot of positive moves during that time.  Most of the blunders (made by Lou Lamoriello) were dealt with quickly by Dubas and many of the moves Dubas has made are ones that we should try to emulate (locking up his core, free-agent signings, trades), IMO.

Right now, all we have to show far is one playoff round win more than the Leafs have in a similar time frame.  That's impressive but hardly a reason to turn our noses up at them and some of the good things they've done that we should also try to do.

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Lol nah.  I just don't see a reason to hate the Leafs or take shots at them.  Then again, I'm not from BC (though I'd love to visit one day) and maybe I don't quite get the hate.  Do 4PM starts on a weekend really irk a whole province?  Kinda lame if you ask me but to each their own.

In any event, Shanahan started the same time as Linden/Benning.  In that time, more playoff appearances than us, about the same (if not slightly better or worse) drafting, and a lot of positive moves during that time.  Most of the blunders (made by Lou Lamoriello) were dealt with quickly by Dubas and many of the moves Dubas has made are ones that we should try to emulate (locking up his core, free-agent signings, trades), IMO.

Right now, all we have to show far is one playoff round win more than the Leafs have in a similar time frame.  That's impressive but hardly a reason to turn our noses up at them and some of the good things they've done that we should also try to do.

While I’ll disagree with you with the love for what the leafs have been doing, this thought out response is a hell of a lot better than the zingy one-liners meant to provoke a negative response from other board members.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Dude you’re so far off may as well start a new colony on whatever planet you’re on.

You make no sense outside of trying to attract attention.

The core has been drafted.

1LW, 1RW, 1C, 1D, 1G

Edited by Me_

5 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Dude you’re so far off may as well start a new colony on whatever planet you’re on.

You make no sense outside of trying to attract attention.

The core has been drafted.

1LW, 1RW, 1C, 1D, 1G

Their core is locked up.  We have Hughes, Demko, and Pettersson to sign this summer and we have to do so with minimal available cap.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Spending all their money on forwards and not even attempting to ice a respectable D group is not something we should emulate.

The Canucks went into this season with Juolevi and Chatfield as regulars.  Combined 1 NHL game under their belt.

The Leafs aren't icing a team of Norris winners but Rielly, Holl, Brodie, Muzzin, Bogosian with guys like Sandin and Liljegren on the cusp isn't horrible.  They have improved their D in recent years and it seems to be helping.  Goaltending, specifically Andersen, seems to be letting them down.

• Upvote 1

The only reason I like to rag on the Leafs is because all the media (especially TSN) is so pro Toronto it makes me sick. I also think Matthews, despite being an excellent player, still has a lot of growing up to do, and his mustache looks horrible. :)

As for Boyd, I think he is a good depth pickup... though I'm not and where he fits on this team...

Edited by kloubek
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Their core is locked up.  We have Hughes, Demko, and Pettersson to sign this summer and we have to do so with minimal available cap.

The Canucks went into this season with Juolevi and Chatfield as regulars.  Combined 1 NHL game under their belt.

The Leafs aren't icing a team of Norris winners but Rielly, Holl, Brodie, Muzzin, Bogosian with guys like Sandin and Liljegren on the cusp isn't horrible.  They have improved their D in recent years and it seems to be helping.  Goaltending, specifically Andersen, seems to be letting them down.

There you go buddy:

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Shanahan is too busy building a team that's well equipped to make a deep playoff run this year

I doubt he cares about basement dwelling Vancouver.  Lol

And yet the Laffs are now placing their hopes and dreams on Jack Campbell in the net. Too bad Top goaltender Freddie is now too burned. out to carry the team anymore.:lol:

Can’t wait for the upcoming deep playoff run.

The real plan is, we don’t play Boston in round one, so maybe we’ll get to round 2 for a change. :frantic:

Go Leafs Go?

• Haha 3