The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seven years without a clear plan from Canucks brass.

Rate this topic

appleboy

3 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Gaudette provided nearly 0 offence. He struggled. He spent more than half a season and didnt bury his chances so i can “hypothetically” say with certainty nothing would have changed in this clusterf**k of a season. Had we got in the delorean and kept Gaudette. He struggled in the first half where it was a pretty heavy schedule... he would have drown in the last 19 game stretch.

Toffoli realistically would have brought more offence to our top 6, yes. But does that translate into him having the same goal total??

You are in the mindset that if he scored 28 in Montreal, he automatically scores 28 in Vancouver. Or he gets 50 because omg he would make us SOOOO much better.

The reality you need to account for is

1) hes not going to score 1/3 of his goals against us, so now hes down to 18-20 goals

2) The scheduling we had prior to COVID

3) The month off mid season

4) we have had like no practice time all season from what Green insinuated in his interview the other day the way the scheduling went for us and with COVID

5) The injuries up and down the line up

6) the scheduling after COVID.

Lastly if you actually read my posts earlier or atleast could comprehend them.... KEEPING TOFFOLI or hell tell ya what, KEEPING TOFFOLI AND GAUDETTE STILL DOES NOT MAKE US BETTER THAN VEGAS. That was my main point and my biggest point to start. Next we have the Expansion draft, we need to prioritize identifying the actual CORE of the team, we also have to deal with up coming contracts where all the CORE players need raises. Toffoli is not a core player, hes puzzle piece 3-4 year contract for when you are going for it all. Core players are 6+ Year keepers. We are not ready to compete for the cup, so keeping Toffoli  does not complete the puzzle and push us over the edge to win a cup. We are only in the 3rd year of our rebuild, we are going to acquire another high end draft pick to help build on this core. And keep us competitive for more than a few years. When we are in that window to win, THAT is when you hypothetically sign Toffoli. Letting Marky, Tanev and Toffoli walk was the short term sacrifice, for the long term gain of high draft picks, prospect development, a young core and timely UFA signings. Not just signing a UFA because hes good and helps us in a losing season, especially one who is going to be 30 next season and the decline will become inevitable 

Gaudette still actually generated a reasonable amount of offensive chances this season. The difference is they werent ending up in the net as frequently as last year. His game from last year to this year was not really much different. Thats why its dangerous to confuse generating offensive chances and getting points. They arent always the same thing.

Gaudette was used improperly by the coaches. He was never going to be a defensive 3rd line center. His linemates also struggled offensively to finish chances.

No one knows how many more or less goals Toffoli would have scored had he stayed. But he has not declined as a player as you suggest. Thinking he could maintain similar production is not really outside the realm of possibility. Montreal would have been worse without him and the Canucks would have been better.

1) so you know for a fact he would not have scored a single goal against Montreal? Cool

2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 - literally nothing to do with anything we are discussing. Other teams have also had to deal with a terrible schedule.

I never said my lineup would make us better than Vegas. I said it would have made us better than we are right now.

As for Toffoli impacting keeping our core players, its a non issue. Let Virtanen walk and get rid of Pearson rather than re-signing him. Now you see why I also factored in keeping Gaudette in my post. To take a spot Pearson would vacate.

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:58 PM, Alflives said:

Isn’t this called rebuilding?  Look at the young players we have now, and who are coming along.  We actually look pretty good for the future.  Yes, it’s hard to watch our team do poorly, but the reward is we end up with a really good young team, with several good young prospects pushing from below.  It’s how a top team becomes a top team, and then sustains being a top team.  Draft a very good young core, and then have more young guys coming up.  

You’re back? 

32 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Gaudette still actually generated a reasonable amount of offensive chances this season. The difference is they werent ending up in the net as frequently as last year. His game from last year to this year was not really much different. Thats why its dangerous to confuse generating offensive chances and getting points. They arent always the same thing.

Gaudette was used improperly by the coaches. He was never going to be a defensive 3rd line center. His linemates also struggled offensively to finish chances.

No one knows how many more or less goals Toffoli would have scored had he stayed. But he has not declined as a player as you suggest. Thinking he could maintain similar production is not really outside the realm of possibility. Montreal would have been worse without him and the Canucks would have been better.

1) so you know for a fact he would not have scored a single goal against Montreal? Cool

2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 - literally nothing to do with anything we are discussing. Other teams have also had to deal with a terrible schedule.

I never said my lineup would make us better than Vegas. I said it would have made us better than we are right now.

As for Toffoli impacting keeping our core players, its a non issue. Let Virtanen walk and get rid of Pearson rather than re-signing him. Now you see why I also factored in keeping Gaudette in my post. To take a spot Pearson would vacate.

Im not suggesting... im telling you Toffoli is on the declining side. He is 29 turning 30 next season. Age is undefeated and 28/29 are the last of the peak prime years. You are literally signing someone for their upcoming decline. You want to hand out contracts to every guy whos almost 30 and having a career year in a COVID regulated season. Our opposition remains within our division, Travel isnt the same there is far less back and forth, the best team is Toronto who have a 4th line of over 100 years of life. Lets see Toffoli in Any other division. He would not put up 28 goals facing tampa, florida, carolina, nashville, chicago, dallas 8-10 times a year. Or Vegas, Colorado, Minny, STL, ARZ. Or How about Pit, WSH, BOS, NYI, NYR??

If Gaudette was never going to succeed anyhow, why the f*** would you a) keep him and b) protect him hahahahahahahahahahaha

Im speechless, just when I thought you couldnt be any dumber, you come up with the response in bold. 
WHERE DID I SAY THAT??? Here we go with your logical caveman IQ. 
IF He ScOrEs 8 gOaLs AgAiNsT vAnCoUvEr hE wOuLd sCoRE 8 vErSuS MaWnTreeAll

What are you smoking dude? 

next on the list, if you dont think 2 through 6 would have any effect on a players season and it does pertain to the conversation about Toffoli because he would be on our team at 4.25m and would have to go through the sh*t storm we went through. you should probably put the crack pipe down and seek help.

Toffoli’s 28 goals broken down

8 vs VAN - bottom feeder

1 vs EDM - upper tier of the division

3 vs TOR - upper tier of the division

4 vs OTT - bottom feeder

6 vs CGY - bottom feeder

6 vs WPG - struggling heavily

if you arent building a team to be better than vegas, What the f**k are you building the team for?

Edited by knucklehead91
  • RoughGame 1

Can anyone explain to me why Benning still has a job? How does he have a job? How does someone hold onto a job through drafting alone. Yes he’s made the odd nice trade but rarely has he made multiple great trades. We keep hearing of this lack of communication. It’s embarrassing. It doesn’t make sense why he’s still here. It just seems like next year will be another lost year where no changes are made. He can’t sign Toffoli, he can’t sign Clark, he can’t sign Green. I just ran out of time.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

20 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Im not suggesting... im telling you Toffoli is on the declining side. He is 29 turning 30 next season. Age is undefeated and 28/29 are the last of the peak prime years. You are literally signing someone for their upcoming decline. You want to hand out contracts to every guy whos almost 30 and having a career year in a COVID regulated season. Our opposition remains within our division, Travel isnt the same there is far less back and forth, the best team is Toronto who have a 4th line of over 100 years of life. Lets see Toffoli in Any other division. He would not put up 28 goals facing tampa, florida, carolina, nashville, chicago, dallas 8-10 times a year. Or Vegas, Colorado, Minny, STL, ARZ. Or How about Pit, WSH, BOS, NYI, NYR??

If Gaudette was never going to succeed anyhow, why the f*** would you a) keep him and b) protect him hahahahahahahahahahaha

Im speechless, just when I thought you couldnt be any dumber, you come up with the response in bold. 
WHERE DID I SAY THAT??? Here we go with your logical caveman IQ. 
IF He ScOrEs 8 gOaLs AgAiNsT vAnCoUvEr hE wOuLd sCoRE 8 vErSuS MaWnTreeAll

What are you smoking dude? 

next on the list, if you dont think 2 through 6 would have any effect on a players season and it does pertain to the conversation about Toffoli because he would be on our team at 4.25m and would have to go through the sh*t storm we went through. you should probably put the crack pipe down and seek help.

Toffoli’s 28 goals broken down

8 vs VAN - bottom feeder

1 vs EDM - upper tier of the division

3 vs TOR - upper tier of the division

4 vs OTT - bottom feeder

6 vs CGY - bottom feeder

6 vs WPG - struggling heavily

if you arent building a team to be better than vegas, What the f**k are you building the team for?

You have a very hard time comprehending what I am saying.

My proposal was to keep Gaudette AND put him in a role that he COULD BE successful in. On a secondary scoring line, not a primary shutdown 3C role he was ill suited for. I think Gaudette could have been a very good player for us in the right role with the right type of linemates.

Your excuses for why the Canucks suck have nothing to do with whether Toffoli is an upgrade in the top 6.

I never said he would score 8 against Montreal. I said how do you know he would score 0?

I dont think Benning agrees with your take on not signing or trading for older players. He traded for Toffoli, went hard after a huge cap hit, seriously declining player in OEL, and just signed Pearson to 3/4 of the money and term Toffoli got for a far inferior offensive player. Oh, and Beagle, Roussel, Eriksson, Myers, Schmidt, Sutter, Holtby all say hi.

Honestly, you are pretty dense bud. We can agree to disagree. Respond if you need to but I wont be engaging you anymore. You just run in circular arguments that make no sense and contradict each other. You are impossible to have a rational discussion with. 

Edited by wallstreetamigo

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

You have a very hard time comprehending what I am saying.

My proposal was to keep Gaudette AND put him in a role that he COULD BE successful in. On a secondary scoring line, not a primary shutdown 3C role he was ill suited for. I think Gaudette could have been a very good player for us in the right role with the right type of linemates.

Your excuses for why the Canucks suck have nothing to do with whether Toffoli is an upgrade in the top 6.

I never said he would score 8 against Montreal. I said how do you know he would score 0?

I dont think Benning agrees with your take on not signing or trading for older players. He traded for Toffoli, went hard after a huge cap hit, seriously declining player in OEL, and just signed Pearson to 3/4 of the money and term Toffoli got for a far inferior offensive player. Oh, and Beagle, Roussel, Eriksson, Myers, Schmidt, Sutter, Holtby all say hi.

Honestly, you are pretty dense bud. We can agree to disagree. Respond if you need to but I wont be engaging you anymore. You just run in circular arguments that make no sense and contradict each other. You are impossible to have a rational discussion with. 

You are a stock watching forum troll who has no actual sports experience or understanding.You might be challenged or atleast extremely ignorant.
Myers worth his 6mil ive already clarified that in another post.

Also just so I can clear up the reason for Schmidt, Myers, Edler or the thought of going after OEL in one small paragraph.....

Defensemen have a longer peak than forwards. Defense is positional, it doesnt take speed to be in the right position, it takes hockey sense.

Offense is foot speed, stick handling, shot release,  reaction timing all of which diminish over time. Even with a high hockey IQ you are still not going to be nearly as effective on the ice if you cannot get to the opening quick enough or create an opening. Take a look at Gretzky for example. The best player to ever lace up the skates. His first 12 years he dominated, his last 8 he cracked 100 points once. He was no longer putting up 150-200pts a season, even though he is the GOAT. IQ Remained high, but offense took a “dip” for Gretzky. Now go look at Lidstrom and im going to be lazy and use +/- as a point to make about how defence is about positioning. Throughout Lidstroms career he was a minus player ONCE. Gretzky became a fairly consistent minus player. He was no longer outscoring the problem.

Lidstroms +/-

In his first 12 seasons he was a +258 an average of +21.5 

in his last 8 seasons he was a +192 an average of +24

Say what you want about +/- but it tells a fairly consistent story, when Lidstrom is on the ice, he is not getting scored on. Oh and he also provided his career high offensive numbers in his last 8 years. 

YOU NEVER PUT A PROPOSAL ANYWHERE TO INDICATE WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO WITH GAUDETTE OTHER THAN TO PROTECT HIM AFTER YOU STATED HIS DEVELOPMENT HAS BEEN RUINED. You are just making sh*t up as you go. 

TOFFOLI OR NOT THE CANUCKS ARE STILL NOT GOING TO BE IN A PLAYOFF PICTURE WE DONT HAVE PETTERSSON YOU TOOL.

How many times do I have to repeat myself
I NEVER ONCE MADE A STATEMENT ABOUT TOFFOLI SCORING X AMOUNT OF GOALS AGAINST MONTREAL OR ANY TEAM.Jesus man you really are f***ing clueless. I know you are old, maybe its Early onset Alzheimer's or is it dementia?

Pearson was already under contract and was EXTENDED.

TOFFOLI HAD NO CONTRACT. Toffoli SIGNED with Montreal. SO WE EXTENDED PEARSON AT A LOWER cap hit...

Im done talking to a brick wall, a stump has a higher IQ than you.

• RoughGame 1

17 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

You are a stock watching forum troll who has no actual sports experience or understanding.You might be challenged or atleast extremely ignorant.
Myers worth his 6mil ive already clarified that in another post.

Also just so I can clear up the reason for Schmidt, Myers, Edler or the thought of going after OEL in one small paragraph.....

Defensemen have a longer peak than forwards. Defense is positional, it doesnt take speed to be in the right position, it takes hockey sense.

Offense is foot speed, stick handling, shot release,  reaction timing all of which diminish over time. Even with a high hockey IQ you are still not going to be nearly as effective on the ice if you cannot get to the opening quick enough or create an opening. Take a look at Gretzky for example. The best player to ever lace up the skates. His first 12 years he dominated, his last 8 he cracked 100 points once. He was no longer putting up 150-200pts a season, even though he is the GOAT. IQ Remained high, but offense took a “dip” for Gretzky. Now go look at Lidstrom and im going to be lazy and use +/- as a point to make about how defence is about positioning. Throughout Lidstroms career he was a minus player ONCE. Gretzky became a fairly consistent minus player. He was no longer outscoring the problem.

Lidstroms +/-

In his first 12 seasons he was a +258 an average of +21.5 

in his last 8 seasons he was a +192 an average of +24

Say what you want about +/- but it tells a fairly consistent story, when Lidstrom is on the ice, he is not getting scored on. Oh and he also provided his career high offensive numbers in his last 8 years. 

YOU NEVER PUT A PROPOSAL ANYWHERE TO INDICATE WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO WITH GAUDETTE OTHER THAN TO PROTECT HIM AFTER YOU STATED HIS DEVELOPMENT HAS BEEN RUINED. You are just making sh*t up as you go. 

TOFFOLI OR NOT THE CANUCKS ARE STILL NOT GOING TO BE IN A PLAYOFF PICTURE WE DONT HAVE PETTERSSON YOU TOOL.

How many times do I have to repeat myself
I NEVER ONCE MADE A STATEMENT ABOUT TOFFOLI SCORING X AMOUNT OF GOALS AGAINST MONTREAL OR ANY TEAM.Jesus man you really are f***ing clueless. I know you are old, maybe its Early onset Alzheimer's or is it dementia?

Pearson was already under contract and was EXTENDED.

TOFFOLI HAD NO CONTRACT. Toffoli SIGNED with Montreal. SO WE EXTENDED PEARSON AT A LOWER cap hit...

Im done talking to a brick wall, a stump has a higher IQ than you.

There is a lot of nonsense to unpack here. First, its very sad that you are this triggered. 

If you need an example close to home to destroy your view on offense, the Sedins say hi. They were never fast and did ok. 

Defense is not simply positional bud. Well, maybe in Baumgartner and Greens system of standing around waiting for the other team to score. Watch how often Edler gets beat off the rush. Its painful to watch. The entire game of hockey now is very reliant on skating and speed. Offense and defense. 

You are trying to use different eras to justify your opinion about Toffoli. Do yourself a favor bud, dont make yourself look any dumber than you already have.

You look at players plus minus as a determining factor in their offensive and defensive effectiveness. Right there I find it very hard to take anything you say seriously. 

Plus minus is a severely flawed and basic team stat that holds next to no value in judging the offensive or defensive awareness and skill of an individual player. A good defensive player on a terrible team will still very likely be a minus player. A terrible defensive player on a stacked team could be a plus player. 

As long as we are on that subject, the last time OEL was a plus player was 2012-13. Go ahead, look it up. Your theory would say that means he has been a terrible defensive player over that time. Mine says that he has been on a truly terrible team. Why would you want Benning to acquire a guy your own theory says sucks?

Comparing Gretzky without taking into account the 2 different style eras as well as the different teams he played is cherry picking at best, ignorant at worst. Lidstrom was on a stacked pre salary cap team bud. The advantage of being old is I actually watched those guys play. Both were difference makers even when they got old and slow. Hockey is a team game though.

I never said Gaudette's development was ruined. I said Benning and Green tried to shoehorn him into a role they couldn't adequately fill other ways that ignored pretty much every strength he had as a player and magnified his weaknesses.

You are clearly out of your depth here bud. 

I played hockey and baseball up to and in college bud. Until a knee injury cut that short. I have spent 20 plus years working directly with pro sports franchises, including in the nhl. Players, agents, management, league officials, union officials, media, etc. I dont give a rip what you think I know or dont. 

I mean, at least I know plus/minus is a bs stat that no one with any depth of knowledge relies on as a stand alone.

22 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

There is a lot of nonsense to unpack here. First, its very sad that you are this triggered. 

If you need an example close to home to destroy your view on offense, the Sedins say hi. They were never fast and did ok. 

Defense is not simply positional bud. Well, maybe in Baumgartner and Greens system of standing around waiting for the other team to score. Watch how often Edler gets beat off the rush. Its painful to watch. The entire game of hockey now is very reliant on skating and speed. Offense and defense. 

You are trying to use different eras to justify your opinion about Toffoli. Do yourself a favor bud, dont make yourself look any dumber than you already have.

You look at players plus minus as a determining factor in their offensive and defensive effectiveness. Right there I find it very hard to take anything you say seriously. 

Plus minus is a severely flawed and basic team stat that holds next to no value in judging the offensive or defensive awareness and skill of an individual player. A good defensive player on a terrible team will still very likely be a minus player. A terrible defensive player on a stacked team could be a plus player. 

As long as we are on that subject, the last time OEL was a plus player was 2012-13. Go ahead, look it up. Your theory would say that means he has been a terrible defensive player over that time. Mine says that he has been on a truly terrible team. Why would you want Benning to acquire a guy your own theory says sucks?

Comparing Gretzky without taking into account the 2 different style eras as well as the different teams he played is cherry picking at best, ignorant at worst. Lidstrom was on a stacked pre salary cap team bud. The advantage of being old is I actually watched those guys play. Both were difference makers even when they got old and slow. Hockey is a team game though.

I never said Gaudette's development was ruined. I said Benning and Green tried to shoehorn him into a role they couldn't adequately fill other ways that ignored pretty much every strength he had as a player and magnified his weaknesses.

You are clearly out of your depth here bud. 

I played hockey and baseball up to and in college bud. Until a knee injury cut that short. I have spent 20 plus years working directly with pro sports franchises, including in the nhl. Players, agents, management, league officials, union officials, media, etc. I dont give a rip what you think I know or dont. 

I mean, at least I know plus/minus is a bs stat that no one with any depth of knowledge relies on as a stand alone.

You are as dumb and ignorant as it gets lmao.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

You are as dumb and ignorant as it gets lmao.

Thats a pretty in depth response.

Dont worry bud, everyone knows you just need to take the L here and slink away.

BTW, I think its funny that your excuse for signing him mid season is that Pearson was under contract. You do know Toffoli was under contract with the Canucks too for like 7 or 8 months too, right? He could have also been re-signed anytime. Benning let him walk because he "ran out of time." Honestly bud, not one of your arguments makes it even to the halfway point before contradicting itself.

4 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Can anyone explain to me why Benning still has a job? How does he have a job? How does someone hold onto a job through drafting alone. Yes he’s made the odd nice trade but rarely has he made multiple great trades. We keep hearing of this lack of communication. It’s embarrassing. It doesn’t make sense why he’s still here. It just seems like next year will be another lost year where no changes are made. He can’t sign Toffoli, he can’t sign Clark, he can’t sign Green. I just ran out of time.

And drafting depends heavily on the scouts that bring the talent before Bennings eyes.

One can argue that Benning hired the scouts but wich scouts did Benning hire?

8 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Thats a pretty in depth response.

Dont worry bud, everyone knows you just need to take the L here and slink away.

BTW, I think its funny that your excuse for signing him mid season is that Pearson was under contract. You do know Toffoli was under contract with the Canucks too for like 7 or 8 months too, right? He could have also been re-signed anytime. Benning let him walk because he "ran out of time." Honestly bud, not one of your arguments makes it even to the halfway point before contradicting itself.

Dont worry pal, most people are aware Toffoli came at the trade deadline and played 10 games. Broke a foot, missed most of the playoffs and when you are in playoffs, contract negotiations go to the side. You focus on playoffs and not contracts, its a distraction. Stick to basketball. 
I went to bed as I have a job to work, I thought you were not going to reply after last night?  Sounds like you cant give up and are still trying to prove something. Dont worry once im done my 9-5, I’ll reply to you and tuck you into bed early. You are clearly clueless when you say defense isnt about positioning. Sniffing jocks doesnt count as working with athletes.

• RoughGame 1

On 5/12/2021 at 8:48 AM, gurn said:

Wrong, we have now done that twice, since John Torterella was named coach.

Please keep your displeasure factual.

Truly if the team is as bad as you say, why the need to spread falsehoods?

i am factual and YOU are wrong. Please re-read exactly what I said. The list below proves that the Canucks have never missed the playoffs 5 of 6 years until now. No falsehoods were spread. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vancouver_Canucks_seasons

8 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

i am factual and YOU are wrong. Please re-read exactly what I said. The list below proves that the Canucks have never missed the playoffs 5 of 6 years until now. No falsehoods were spread. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vancouver_Canucks_seasons

we missed 5 out of 6 before this season.

2013 missed                                         1

2014 made

2015 missed                                          2

2016 missed                                          3

2017 missed                                          4

2018 missed                                          5

2019 made it with play in

2020 missed  

On 5/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, canucklehead44 said:

Drafting A
Trades C+
Signings F

Vision C- 

Considering his drafting was good too bad he didn't weaponize cap space for draft picks instead of signing our own unmovable contracts

But JB is ranked 8th out of 13 Canuck GMs. No wonder we are still mediocre (with a decent core).

https://thehockeywriters.com/vancouver-canucks-history-ranking-general-managers/

1 minute ago, gurn said:

2014 made

2020 missed  

Thanks for proving my point. Under JB, for the first time in our not so illustrious history, we missed the playoffs for 5 of 6 years. You said I was spreading falsehoods, not true. You said it happened before, not true. We suck now more than ever. How can fans actually believe we have a good GM is unbelievable.

https://thehockeywriters.com/vancouver-canucks-history-ranking-general-managers/

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

2014 made

2020 missed  

You said “wrong we have now done that twice” since Torts. Is that a good basis for thinking JB is a great GM. Holy cow gurn, you must have low expectations.

17 hours ago, knucklehead91 said:

Okay so Motte/Lind are possibly exposed, MacEwan, Bailey, Hawryluk, Jasek, Palmi, Graovac, Gadjovich, Baertschi, Beagle, Sutter are all exposed. 
Why look to keep an aging player who will, mark my words will not replicate the same season, when the answer to that roster spot could be within the organization. Comes at a cheaper price, younger age and far more good years ahead.

Pretty sure even without Toffoli most of those guys you mentioned will be exposed. As for Toffoli being an "aging player", Motte is only 3 years younger so he's not exactly a spring chicken either. So the Canucks could have signed a 29 Year Old Top 6 scorer or potentially lose a 26 year old 4th liner. Sorry I like Motte but I think the benefit of keeping Toffoli outweighs the risks. As for the other players well it's all about protecting the one the organization feels has the most upside, chances are, with due diligence, the one protected ends up being the best of the bunch. 

As what Ian MacIntyre said in Sportsnet 650 - "There's no way you can explain your way out of this Toffoli situation" and he's right. 

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

But JB is ranked 8th out of 13 Canuck GMs. No wonder we are still mediocre (with a decent core).

It doesn’t matter where you rank JB, it doesn’t matter where I rank him and it doesn’t matter where this forum ranks him. The only ranking of any importance is done by Aquilini. Everything else is opinion, and yes we are all entitled to them.

Citing an opinion piece by Mathew Zator (Canucks Army) as proof of anything other than his own view is pointless.  This isn’t Bob Mackenzie we’re talking about.

8CF02195-84B5-4D83-A0E3-F77081E4ED0D.jpeg

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, knucklehead91 said:

Dont worry pal, most people are aware Toffoli came at the trade deadline and played 10 games. Broke a foot, missed most of the playoffs and when you are in playoffs, contract negotiations go to the side. You focus on playoffs and not contracts, its a distraction. Stick to basketball. 
I went to bed as I have a job to work, I thought you were not going to reply after last night?  Sounds like you cant give up and are still trying to prove something. Dont worry once im done my 9-5, I’ll reply to you and tuck you into bed early. You are clearly clueless when you say defense isnt about positioning. Sniffing jocks doesnt count as working with athletes.

You really do struggle with reading comprehension.

I said defense is not ONLY about positioning. Because its not. Thats simply a fact. 

Between the season being shut down in the spring and the playoffs, there was a fair bit of time to work on contracts. In the offseason too there was a ton of time after the Canucks were eliminated. To say he didnt have time or shouldnt focus on his actual job is just making excuses for him.

The fact is he was too busy trying to trade for one of the worst contracts in the NHL to add to his string of them to bother even talking to his own pending UFA. There is no other way to view that than Benning $&!# the bed and can't seem to focus on more than one thing at a time.

I keep responding because it entertains me how worked up you are that I dont share your opinion. Reading your circular, contradicting posts is like driving past a train crash. You just cant help but look at the wreckage.