The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Honestly people just get COVID. Who cares why or how. It’s bound to happen somewhere.  Unless nobody leaves there house. I ain’t gonna point fingers I’ll tell ya that. It ain’t easy these days. Thankfully hockey has given me some sanity 

That's the truth right there 100% . My family and I ended up getting COVID and we followed every precaution we could this last year. Everything we do just lessens the chances, there is no guarantee. Hockey keeps the insanity away. Something to look forward to a few times a week until today. Hopefully everyone ends up healthy and we can get back to hockey ASAP!!!

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

No covid at our house either.. but I’m not gonna agree with you here.. I’ve been having a hard time with it for awhile now. It hasn’t been easy on the ol brain. My mom has MS and she hasn’t been able to leave her house for a year. 

It’s tiring but I ain’t gonna blame a mid 20’s kid for hanging out with his buddy that’s already in his circle I’ll tell ya that. It’s not as easy as just following the rules to me. We are all humans after all and even the most cautious person can still get it. That’s a fact. Everything’s amount minimization

Tell that to the 265 cases at big white coming from a party of 20 somethings

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

No covid at our house either.. but I’m not gonna agree with you here.. I’ve been having a hard time with it for awhile now. It hasn’t been easy on the ol brain. My mom has MS and she hasn’t been able to leave her house for a year. 

It’s tiring but I ain’t gonna blame a mid 20’s kid for hanging out with his buddy that’s already in his circle I’ll tell ya that. It’s not as easy as just following the rules to me. We are all humans after all and even the most cautious person can still get it. That’s a fact. Everything’s amount minimization

Oh I'm not saying there hasn't been challenges and it's not a bit of a dull existence at times. I'm Covid fatigued as hell too.

But it's not THAT hard to simply stay away from people. It's not like we're being asked to stay indoors with the lights out as the Germans bomb us.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I wouldn’t agree with parties no. That’s just plain dumb 

Any out of household gatherings is just plain dumb.  That's why we're in this situation........I'd bet at least 95% of the kids in my school had several multi family gatherings over spring break.  And that's a modest estimate

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

Any out of household gatherings is just plain dumb.  That's why we're in this situation........I'd bet at least 95% of the kids in my school had several multi family gatherings over spring break.  And that's a modest estimate

Oh I wouldn’t doubt it. I was so mad when they opened up Rec Hockey League just to have a bunch of yahoo’s travel across province for a tournament and they all got Covid. I was just happy to be playing hockey in my community thing of course someone has to ruin it 

My wife works retail in a very busy store and people like to get up close when they talk with masks on but so far so good, mind you back in February 2020 we both had what we thought was the flu, my wife was sick for over a week and I was sick for 4 day which I found weird as I haven’t had the flu in I don’t know how long, maybe every few years I’d have a stuffy nose for a day or two but that’s it. Since then neither of us has been sick.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Oh I'm not saying there hasn't been challenges and it's not a bit of a dull existence at times. I'm Covid fatigued as hell too.

But it's not THAT hard to simply stay away from people. It's not like we're being asked to stay indoors with the lights out as the Germans bomb us.

No it’s not THAT hard. I just mean this has been going on for a full year now. The chances of staying completely perfect aren’t that great. I mean we’ve been doing things a certain way for our entire lives less one year. And when theres thousands or millions of people wherever you live I mean it can’t be entirely avoided. It’s impossible. 

All we can really do is try our best and don’t be stupid 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

No it’s not THAT hard. I just mean this has been going on for a full year now. The chances of staying completely perfect aren’t that great. I mean we’ve been doing things a certain way for our entire lives less one year. And when theres thousands or millions of people wherever you live I mean it can’t be entirely avoided. It’s impossible. 

All we can really do is try our best and don’t be stupid 

As new variants come out that are not affected by the vaccine this could turn into an ongoing seasonal thing that stays with us long term.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

As new variants come out that are not affected by the vaccine this could turn into an ongoing seasonal thing that stays with us long term.

I’m not sure the science to comment but I can see that wouldn’t surprise me either. I’m sure the way we go about our lives has permanently changed to a certain degree 

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m not sure the science to comment but I can see that wouldn’t surprise me either. I’m sure the way we go about our lives has permanently changed to a certain degree 

There already is a variant that bypasses the vaccine and COVID seems to be a flu-like virus that changes seasonally, maybe over generations we’ll build up stronger antibodies and it won’t be much of a threat but I agree, our lives have permanently changed.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

They really are impressive, leave it to Joe to assemble such a talented group....

But they will face Cap problems with so many guys doing so well

Not really. Not for a few yrs...Young kids signed to great deals. Landeskog Grubauer and Saad are UFA this summer. 

Their Dmen are signed long term to good deals like Girrard 7 yrs 5 mill per. Graves 3 yrs 3.1mill towes 4 yrs 4.1 mill.  

Makar and Byrom are on ELCs ..

They can trade a young star player and get top prospects and draft picks back and keep the kids coming thru the system. 

They got some of the kids signed to long term cap friendly deals. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

There already is a variant they bypasses the vaccine and COVID seems to be a flu-like virus that, maybe over generations we’ll build up stronger antibodies and it won’t be much of a threat but I agree, our lives have permanently changed.

For a time. Herd or generational immunities will probably be had. 

Totally off topic but as anyone stated a thread on Demko’s new 5 year contract?

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-goalie-thatcher-demko-receives-five-year-contract/c-323125442

Francesco Aquilini (@fr_aquilini) Tweeted:
Very happy to have Thatcher Demko under contract for the next 5 years!

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

It's bound to be an endemic, just like influenza. The virus will adapt, humanity will adapt. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Totally off topic but as anyone stated a thread on Demko’s new 5 year contract?

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-goalie-thatcher-demko-receives-five-year-contract/c-323125442

Francesco Aquilini (@fr_aquilini) Tweeted:
Very happy to have Thatcher Demko under contract for the next 5 years!

Trades, Rumours, Signings. 

And yes this is very good, make a postponed game tolerable