The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gaudette and 7 others test positive for Covid - All games till Apr 6th Postponed

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

Just now, Disgruntler said:

Gotta be at least 3 weeks for them to return. Just don’t see it.

Not all the players on the list will have it.

The protocol is 10 day quarantine and then 3 negative tests. When they get to that point its likely we see a patchwork roster of healthy bodies and reinforcements.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The protocol is 10 day quarantine and then 3 negative tests. When they get to that point its likely we see a patchwork roster of healthy bodies and reinforcements.

It is a little confusing with the reporting.  The reports seem to suggest that many players tested positive... not just that they are in the NHL protocol.

That is aside from the point about the season being over.  I don’t see how they could do that for us without affecting the competitive fairness for the other teams competing.  You are right that we are likely to play with a half AHL/taxi squad roster to begin with as guys get better and clear the protocols... which will probably be spread out over a couple weeks after we start playing again.

• Cheers 3

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Of the players infected, I'd bet at least 2-3 are not coming back after the virus is gone, at least not back the way they were before infection

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Brazilian variant. Expect a bunch more.

39 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I thought they said 14 players tested positive.

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

Of the players infected, I'd bet at least 2-3 are not coming back after the virus is gone, at least not back the way they were before infection

I sure hope you’re wrong but it will be interesting to see the outcome.

• Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

It is definitely a worry.  When you are talking to about athletes that are pushing the edges of human performance, even a slight lingering effect could be debilitating for their careers.

A 5% reduction in lung capacity would mean nothing to most of us... to an elite athlete that is an entirely different story. 

I am not going to presuppose that it will happen to any of our guys... but is absolutely the potential.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Does anyone know if this is Adam Gaudettes wife or not? Because if it is it's actually a little alarming imo, but I ask because it's a flames fan posting it, but it was posted to one of her tweets....

This is just more proof that lames fans are garbage.

• RoughGame 1

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Yeah, based on her response to the regulations and how she won't "follow" that, this is DEFINITELY not a good look on her part.

Edit: I don't think blaming her is the appropriate response. That being said, just look at that clip. She openly dismissed the specific precaution because she wanted to go out. That is NOT GOOD.

The awkward silence after she thought they would laugh with her, is what caught my attention, yeah not good.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, Provost said:

It is definitely a worry.  When you are talking to about athletes that are pushing the edges of human performance, even a slight lingering effect could be debilitating for their careers.

A 5% reduction in lung capacity would mean nothing to most of us... to an elite athlete that is an entirely different story. 

I am not going to presuppose that it will happen to any of our guys... but is absolutely the potential.

Those effects would be beyond terrible. Certainly there have been stories of people being described as athletic who are so damaged by COVID that they struggle to do the most basic 'athletic' actions, like climbing stairs, etc. That would be ridiculous to imagine if one were to put in their shoes in such a scenario.

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Lets all hope this is not going to be the case, although the possibility is certainly there. 

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Those effects would be beyond terrible. Certainly there have been stories of people being described as athletic who are so damaged by COVID that they struggle to do the most basic 'athletic' actions, like climbing stairs, etc. That would be ridiculous to imagine if one were to put in their shoes in such a scenario.

Yeah ... I know this situation is more serious than hockey. But I am trying to imagine the worst case scenario being that Vancouver needs to do a complete rebuild again because the team's young players will never reach their potential because of the long terms effects of covid. 

Obviously I hope this doesn't happen, but we all know about Canuck luck.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Cheers 1