The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Leafs l April 29, 4:30 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

41 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Big Save Dave. I hope I get to say that a lot today. Every goal 

Hopefully we get Red Light Rittich instead of Big Save Dave. 

Can’t make the same mental errors though or the Laffs will score 5+. They’ll win the run and gun game. 

Our hopes lies with Holtby being Holtbeast. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Sorry to be the bucket of cold water, but I've seen Lind play enough in junior and he doesn't excite me. Hopefully he's rounded out his game plenty since then. 

Juniors was 3 years ago. Typically that's what developmental years in the AHL does for a player, rounds their game out. 

30 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Deja vu from 2016-17.

Those were not meaningful games/wins in March when all the teams back then were just resting their starters vs us and looking ahead to playoffs.

If anything they cost us our draft positions. 

yeah and it really hurt the team in the 2017 draft ...

10 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Sorry to be the bucket of cold water, but I've seen Lind play enough in junior and he doesn't excite me. Hopefully he's rounded out his game plenty since then. 

He's come a long way in 2.5 years in Utica

17 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Juniors was 3 years ago. Typically that's what developmental years in the AHL does for a player, rounds their game out. 

Talented player, but he looked like a lot of talented players who never made the jump successfully. 

Just now, Jack Fig said:

Talented player, but he looked like a lot of talented players who never made the jump successfully. 

Nice to see him get a shot but he is not our savoir, he’s getting a look because Green conceded we are not making the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Hides in the shadows, rides the coattails of his linemates who do the grunt work. He plays a quiet game .... but again, I'm going back to his junior days. 

I saw him a lot in Kelowna as well in 16-17 and 17-18 and in both years I watched him aside from being the stat leader on the team both years he was also the biggest driver of play on his line both years definitely more so than Dube.

• Cheers 1

Chatfield in for OJ. Back to back I am okay with that. Prefer to rest the veterans that play twice as much as Chatfield/OJ and give the young guys more ice time but it is what it is. 

Send Rathbone back down if he isn’t gonna get games in. 

Toronto is sitting a bunch of their regulars to rest them.

Reilly, Muzzin, Foligno

...oh and they are giving us a chance by playing Rittich as well

They don’t think much of us as competition.

Edited by Provost

6 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Hides in the shadows, rides the coattails of his linemates who do the grunt work. He plays a quiet game .... but again, I'm going back to his junior days. 

Benning said in the pre-season big presser that he's being groomed for 4th line duties. He has a hidden nasty side to him which I saw in Kelowna and worlds, and if he's learned to harness said grit, he'll be a good 4th liner. He and MacEwen have chemistry, so we have actual goals from the 4th line to which we can look forward.

I watched like 30 Utica games last season before covid, whenever the hell that was, and he was at times their best player. He was plain bad his 1st season in the AHL, so as a few have pointed out, the guy's grown nicely in the minors.