The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 3, 7 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

31 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm not sure which lineup I would choose.

Pearson-Horvat-Lind

Höglander-Miller-Boeser

Highmore-Graovac-Hawryluk

Vesey-Boyd-MacEwen

Edler-Schmidt

Hughes-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

Holtby

Demko

vs.

C7PrthkU0AExHVt?format=jpg&name=large

"No".

Can I pick "no" to both?

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't the Av's have good seasons then went to mediocrity and then crap during 2016-17?

They bounced back pretty quick. 

The team has some good pieces. We need some youth and depth at centre, and young players that can fill out the bottom 6. 

This season is a write off. Sickness, distractions, no fans in the building. 

If the team struggles 1/4 of the way into next season. Then look at blowing it up. Yes losing sucks. 

They were calling for Joe's blood before the come back. Questioning his GM skills. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Maybe the bubble is who we are, and this year is an anomaly?

Don't think so...besides, even though we won a couple series, we were  badly outplayed and only were rele ant because of our goaltending which was other worldly.  The Nucks are not a good hockey team as constructed. Some good players, yes but not a good team.  Too much throwing crap at a wall and hoping it will stick in how JB has assembled the support cast. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Don't think so...besides, even though we won a couple series, we were  badly outplayed and only were rele ant because of our goaltending which was other worldly.  The Nucks are not a good hockey team as constructed. Some good players, yes but not a good team.  Too much throwing crap at a wall and hoping it will stick in how JB has assembled the support cast. 

Agreed. 

Dib knows. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

do we miss petey?

EP 2.47 P/60 5v5

HOGZ 1.86 P/60 5v5

Boeser 1.83 P/60 5v5

Horvat 1.80 P/60 5v5

Motte 1.60 P/60 5v5

Miller 1.37 P/60 5v5

Pearson 1.19 P/60 5v5

We sure do. And motte.

42 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

While I'm not a Benning hater, I do think it was his responsibility to address the media regarding JV even if it was to say they aren't going to say anything further than what was released in the statement. He's the big boss not Travis. I did lose a little respect for him for that.

The comment was no comment. What else to know? Canucks released a statement to that effect and Green did not add anything. Nothing to be disappointed about?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

6 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Green's team systems to me seems designed to squeak past/ befuddle teams 55-60% of the time in the regular season, and it offers zero counter to any team who simply wants to play keep away in the playoffs. Playing the same team 4-5 times in a row in the regular season is no beuno for this style of system, and we've seen the results of both 'extended look' types of play (playoffs, covid schedule) to conclude that its complete lowbrow nonsense. Statscapades™.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

They were calling for Joe's blood before the come back. Questioning his GM skills. 

The origins of the word ‘fan’ comes from ‘fanatic’...where one wouldn’t expect to see calm sound logical reasoning.

I’m so tired of this. We really didn’t have a chance this year. We really didn’t. Funny all this disappointment and negativity. After what this team went through this year. Damn shame. Anyone actually cared about this team when they were down and out with the Variant? No I don’t see any of that anymore. Got our own agendas now 

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

The media is going to ask Travis regardless 

Tru but then he can say 'Jim has already addressed this...' probably not much different but I just think it was Benning's responsibility to be out front. 

• Cheers 2