The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Watch EDM do something.

to BUF: Nugent-Hopkins (re-sign and trade), Neal, Bouchard and two 1sts

Draisaitl - McDavid - Puljujarvi

Khaira - Eichel - Yamamoto

I doubt Nugent Hopkins agrees to a sign and trade with Buffalo.

When Eichel is moved, whoever they get needs to be under contract because that team is going to be bad for awhile.

I feel like Carolina is a subtle contender for Eichel. They're a piece away from being contenders and have the defensive depth to part with some high caliber guys but still remain highly competitive.

Florida, NY Rangers, and Columbus could also be interesting landing spots. In a Columbus deal, you can center it around Laine + picks (CBJ has 3 1st rounders this year) + Seth Jones on an expiring deal for Eichel. Imagine turning Dubois into Eichel?!? That would be a genius move for Kekalainen. With a new coach, CBJ should rebound nicely next year.

Horvat, Hughes, and a 1st for Eichel and Dahlin

Hoglander-Eichel-Boeser

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen

Pearson-####-Podkolzin

Motte-Graovich-Highmore

Dahlin-Schmidt

Juolevi-Hamonic

Rathbone-Myers

Demko

Holtby

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

If I'm Columbus, I'll give them Domi + 2021 CBJ 1st + CBJ 2022 1st + 2021 TOR 1st + Tarasov/Korpisalo. Eichel as the playmaker and Laine as the shooter will make this team an absolute monster to compete with. Unfortunately, they don't have the prospect depth to fill in the rest of their holes internally so they'll have to work with some UFAs. Even though they won't have picks, they'll still need to continue to bring young players into their organization.

With Eichel though, this is how I see CBJ top nine lineup shaping out:

LAINE EICHEL BJORKSTAND

FOUDY ROSLOVIC ATKINSON

ROBINSON TEXIER STENLUND

So in conclusion, they'd be a composed similar to a team like Dallas with Seguin and Benn at the top and some lesser guys filling out the rest of the team. Buffalo does well in this deal too, they get a top 10 pick in 2021 a 3rd first rounder for this draft and another for the year after that. They also get a potential number one goaltender to play with Ullmark.

However, if I'm Buffalo, an ideal trade partner is  the Rangers(Kakko, Chytil, Georgiev and 2021 1st) or Blackhawks (Dach, 2021 1st, D. Strome and 2022 2nd) and if if Buffalo, ideally the Los Angeles Kings(Turcotte/Byfield + 2021 1st  + Bjornfot). The Kings are the best fit even though they already have 1C in Kopitar making $10 Million, Eichel would be exactly what the doctor ordered to make the Kings a contender once more. With Eichel and McDavid in our division for the 2021-2022 season, we can forget about making noise in the playoffs unless we get a guy like Savoie or Wright in the 2022 draft. 

7 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Horvat, Hughes, and a 1st for Eichel and Dahlin

Hoglander-Eichel-Boeser

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen

Pearson-####-Podkolzin

Motte-Graovich-Highmore

Dahlin-Schmidt

Juolevi-Hamonic

Rathbone-Myers

Demko

Holtby

Yea that wont work for both.. In ur dreams. Horvat Hughes and a 1st will not even net u Eichel alone. Add pod and thats possible. 

The most I'll give up for eichel is 

1) 1st round pick 2021 (Even IF its 1st or 2nd overall) 

2) Boeser 

3) Miller 

4) 2nd round pick 2022 

Edited by DontMessMe

these tires have been spinning so long it's time for some retreads...

let someone else put those on.

I remember the day Eichel was drafted - Buffalo 'lost' the lottery - Tim Murray was practically crying on television.  

Poor baby had to 'settle' for Eichel.

What an asshat performance that was.

Foreshadowed what was to come.

What a gong show franchise.

I hope the same thing happens to the Rags...

I'm thankful all the Skinner proposals on these boards never came to fruition.  An even bigger bullet dodged than Jake Gardiner.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Yea that wont work for both.. In ur dreams. Horvat Hughes and a 1st will not even net u Eichel alone. Add pod and thats possible. 

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

The Sabres take that laughing hysterically. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Eichel going to really make us a winner, especially considering the cost to acquire him?  It would cost us Bo and our first.  Imo that’s too much.  

That's right, Alf.  I think even more.  I don't want to see our team gutted for one player.  I see people giving away Boes, Miller, Hughes, Bo, etc.  All those fine passes from Eichel, but no snipers to be found.  I say stay the course.  Interesting prospects starting to look good with Lind, Rathbone, Gadj, Podz and probably a winner (or 2) in the draft.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Eichel going to really make us a winner, especially considering the cost to acquire him?  It would cost us Bo and our first.  Imo that’s too much.  

eichel scored 36g and 78p in 68 games last year. but will he be the same after his injuries heal?

i would make a offer dependent on a successful surgery.

if eichel is healthy he's a top 10 center in the league, better than pettersson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

The most I'll give up for eichel is 

1) 1st round pick 2021 (Even IF its 1st or 2nd overall) 

2) Boeser 

3) Miller 

4) 2nd round pick 2022 

I bet you...

I bet like...

I mean...

The entire Canucks team, plus Cypress mountain and the Pacific Ocean and Jupiter isn’t enough for Eichel.

Did I do my cheap hyperbolically fuelled  VanFan impression right?

• Haha 1