The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

Edmonton is going to let RNH walk and use the money for eichel.

James Neal (another contract dump) Yamamoto+ Broberg+ 1st this year + 3rd for Eichel

Just imagine Eichel and Mcdavid playing on the same line all year and then Draisaitl with them on the PP Just Gross. 

Meanwhile we should target Reinhart.

Nils Hoglander (he fits them better)+ Antoine Roussel (cap dump) + 2nd round pick 2022 for Reinhart RFA rights (perfect winger for Pettersson that can fill in a C spot with injuries as well) 

Reinhart signs a home town discount short term deal similar to what he had 5.2 mil. 

Get RNH through UFA

Draft Kent Johnson

that's 3 BC boys ;) 

2 hours ago, Melbourne Canuck said:

Buffalo would want EP as a starting point for their captain. It’s a big no from me. I don’t see any way in which van could accommodate his salary given how tight the cap already is with EP & Hughes still to sign. Defence looks to be where the big hole is. This team still leans heavily on a near 35 year old UFA D man. That’s the area that needs to be addressed as a priority IMO. 

At least part of the problem with defence is on coaching. The team has made too many improvements on paper to still be this bad at suppressing scoring chances.

A few years ago we had Gudbranson, Stecher, Hutton, Sbisa, and Biega all playing regularly, 2 of them often getting top-4 minutes. Edler and Tanev were good, but often at least one was injured. It was no surprise that defensively we sucked. But now with the additions of Schmidt, Hughes, Hamonic, and Myers, we should be significantly better...but we’re not. Gotta change how they’re being deployed.

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

Screw trading Hoglander. Are you kidding me? The guy is already a stud at 20, and only costs $900K for 2 more years. 

Hoglander will be good top 2 forward yes but likely Reinhart will be a better player and also can sub in for C when there are injuries. That makes him much more valuable. 

2 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

James Neal (another contract dump) Yamamoto+ Broberg+ 1st this year + 3rd for Eichel

Just imagine Eichel and Mcdavid playing on the same line all year and then Draisaitl with them on the PP Just Gross. 

Nils Hoglander (he fits them better)+ Antoine Roussel (cap dump) + 2nd round pick 2022 for Reinhart RFA rights (perfect winger for Pettersson that can fill in a C spot with injuries as well) 

Reinhart signs a home town discount short term deal similar to what he had 5.2 mil. 

Get RNH through UFA

Draft Kent Johnson

that's 3 BC boys ;) 

Because if the 51+ years of Canucks history has shown us anything, its that prioritizing BC boys over other factors always works out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Get RNH through UFA

Draft Kent Johnson

that's 3 BC boys ;) 

When have we EVER gotten a BC born player, in their prime, playing for Vancouver for a hometown discount? 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't stay for a discount either. Went to LA for more money. 

He was also concussed/injured at the time, so I think it was the Canucks going a different direction. We did snag him from Minnesota in free agency though.

13 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

No possible way we get Eichel, but I’d target Ristolainen if we can. 

I see this sometimes and don't really get it, he's even more of an adventure than Myers in his own end. I think he'd be on the twitter poop list in about 5 games. 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

do you expect anyone to understand your secret code. why even bother?

You haven’t been around here for long have you...

I don’t expect you to understand anything really...

Edited by Me_

3 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Get RNH through UFA

Draft Kent Johnson

that's 3 BC boys ;) 

How about we just sign RNH without giving up assets? Between him and Horvat, we have our 2 and 3 C right there. 

If anything I might want to explore trading Schmidt for Risto.