The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

19 hours ago, D-Money said:

At least part of the problem with defence is on coaching. The team has made too many improvements on paper to still be this bad at suppressing scoring chances.

A few years ago we had Gudbranson, Stecher, Hutton, Sbisa, and Biega all playing regularly, 2 of them often getting top-4 minutes. Edler and Tanev were good, but often at least one was injured. It was no surprise that defensively we sucked. But now with the additions of Schmidt, Hughes, Hamonic, and Myers, we should be significantly better...but we’re not. Gotta change how they’re being deployed.

Agree with that. Defence is definitely partly on the coaching, something that hasn’t improved in Green’s tenure. How much responsibility does he wear for that? 

If you’ve seen Sabres games, there’s a reason there isn’t a winning culture in that organization and it has little to do with the front office. 

You can’t fault management when they gave him more talents to work with and what’s the results? Nothing. Maybe Eichel should look in the mirror himself. His compete level is the equivalent to Virtanen’s. Take away his offensive talents and you practically have Jake Virtanen. 

He’s literally the most overrated player in the league.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, mll said:

“The club physician shall determine the diagnosis or course of treatment (including the timing thereof) after considering any report or other records received from the player’s physician and after giving due consideration to their recommendations.” 

Good thing I'm not an NHL player.

If my doctor, and the club's doctor are both qualified in whatever area of the body is in question, I'lll roll with my physician's opinion.

22 hours ago, Me_ said:

The Canucks don’t need Eichel.

Not one bit.

They need Horvats, Boesers, Podkolzins, Millers, and some serious nasty Ds.

Lunch bucket style.

Yeah - if they were talking trade with Buffalo, Ristolainen would/should be the target (too late to steal Reinhart from them) - however, Ristolainen has only a year of term remaining, so is it worth the assets - or just wait it out and see if he's interested in signing as a UFA.

23 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Calgary doesn't have much that Buffalo would want though.

But Johnny Hockey would be a great fit there - they could wing him with Skinner - what a line.

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

23 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well, a herniated disk in your neck is pretty serious, and having a disagreement over treatment is a good way to lose a player. 

Fair enough, and that's no laughing matter. But why then, are some on this board willing to trade the farm for this overpaid, entitled and cry baby? This is a hard pass by me. We will be fine without him. 

Just now, BarnBurner said:

Fair enough, and that's no laughing matter. But why then, are some on this board willing to trade the farm for this overpaid, entitled and cry baby? This is a hard pass by me. We will be fine without him. 

I wouldn't trade the farm, thats for sure. Something reasonable you have to look at it. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wouldn't trade the farm, thats for sure. Something reasonable you have to look at it. 

Sure, but for me, it's not going to be anywhere near 2 1sts, a 2nd, Miller and Rathbone. What a waste of resources for one guy, who is barely keeping pace with Miller. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bitter Melon said:

Neither did Kesler. 

I think the writings on the wall at this point with Eichel though. I wonder what the odds are on who moves first, him or Rodgers?

Any player wanting out reduces their asking price.

2 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Sure, but for me, it's not going to be anywhere near 2 1sts, a 2nd, Miller and Rathbone. What a waste of resources for one guy, who is barely keeping pace with Miller. 

Miller is a great trade. 
I do that trade any day.

I agree with you.

Trading 2 x Benning 1sts is trading two sure-thing superstars.

Trading Miller is also stupid.

Edited by Me_

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Miller is a great trade. 
I do that trade any day.

Buffalo could have a hard time convincing soon to be UFAs to extend with them.  Would expect them to want players with more than 2-3 years of team control.  Miller might not want to stick around once his deal is up and Buffalo is unlikely to be competitive in the next 2 seasons.  There’s not much value for them to bring in Miller who probably wouldn’t be all that happy to go to a rebuilding team.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Buffalo could have a hard time convincing soon to be UFAs to extend with them.  Would expect them to want players with more than 2-3 years of team control.  Miller might not want to stick around once his deal is up and Buffalo is unlikely to be competitive in the next 2 seasons.  There’s not much value for them to bring in Miller who probably wouldn’t be all that happy to go to a rebuilding team.

You are right.

I meant Benning’s 1st for Miller trade was an excellent trade and I would do that trade again and again and again.

• Cheers 1

I don't blame Eichel. This was his 6th season on a losing team, they're still one of the worst teams. He's a 2nd overall pick who wants to experience playoffs, instead of wasting away in BUF.

I'd love for Benning to make a real splash, Eichel will get back to that 30-35 goal player when he joins a decent team. Will Horvat or Miller ever be able to out up 35 goals a season? Maybe more, on a good team. 

I'd be down with a Miller, Virtanen and Bowey for Eichel trade. Or Miller for Reinhart straight up. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Melbourne Canuck said:

Agree with that. Defence is definitely partly on the coaching, something that hasn’t improved in Green’s tenure. How much responsibility does he wear for that? 

hughes is playing with myers, does that Count?

What about 6 ahl players and 2 rookies playing on the main roster? I would not blame the coaching staff for this season, except for maybe the very passive collapsing system utilized and the terrible dump and chase method .

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

oh for sure, that would be nutty to do. 

Having thought about it a little more, I rescind any comments I made to go after him, that disk issue is freaking scary and something I'd leave for another team to take the risk on. He's a great player, but that injury freaks me out. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

JT seldom looks happy, lol. That's what I love about him because hockey is meant to be played a little grumpy. 

• Cheers 1