The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

3 hours ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Rousel Bagel Sutter expiring contract , Louie E, 800k Louie and Rick Depietro 

For Eichile and Reinhardt 

Yeah, Sabres should count themselves lucky to be getting something for two expensive, overhyped & underwhelming players.  Kidding aside, those players are leaving when they hit FA and the Sabres will only be losing leverage the longer they wait - very similar to the Barrie situation with Colorado.    

Canucks should wait a year when Reinhart is a FA - why give the Sabres any assets for one year of Reinhart.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

That will be 3 or 4 years from now. It takes time for a young Dman to come in and develop into a top 4 player. 

It could take two if we're lucky. He was a high second rounder, he could turn out to be another clutch pick like Alex Edler in 2004, he could be average like Ben Hutton or he could stink up the joint like Taylor Ellington or Yann Sauve. We've got another good looking defensive prospect in Joni Jurmo, who could turn out to be a really coup as I think he's quite good. 

I like pre neck injury Eichel, he'd be a monster addition.   Post injury Eichel, that's too much risk given that cap hit.  He's the right age for our group though and signed long enough.   Once that NMC kicks in... wowzers.    Maybe if they retained a little something could be done.   Miller, this years first plus OJ or Rathbone would be about as far as i'd go.   Big if.   Next season he might not be ready to play.   I'd get Roberts in there (Gary) to work with Eichel if i was Buffalo.   Or at least get the two in contact.   Became a fitness nut/guru given how back his own neck was and basically didn't stop working on things until it was back to normal.   

Edited by IBatch

18 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Tbh Eichel strikes me as the kind of player that's going to beef with coaching staff if he doesn't get his way. He also underperformed this year, on a 10m cap hit. Petey will probably run us around 7m for the next couple years on his bridge deal. 
I'd rather have Petey as our 1C, and spend the extra $ building out a 3rd line that can score. 

Top heavy teams are gonna get rekt when they face teams that have a formidable shutdown line and defence pairing. If we can roll 3 scoring lines, and spend some $ on a #1 shutdown D man to partner with Hughes, we'll be incredible. 

I don’t even think I’d go 1 for 1 with Miller. 2 reasons. Miller has a contract that is great

than Miller already works real well with Petey and is good defensively and at faceoffs

Eichel-Unknown 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Dats hockey said:

I don’t even think I’d go 1 for 1 with Miller. 2 reasons. Miller has a contract that is great

than Miller already works real well with Petey and is good defensively and at faceoffs

Eichel-Unknown 

Exactly. That extra 5m means getting another Miller calibre forward, or really strengthening our D corps. 

Jack Eichel said it himself - his main interest is Jack Eichel.

Miller cares even in a season where it'd be easy to go through the motions and be apathetic. Can't be easy knowing he came from a stanley cup contender to play for us right now, yet he still gives his all and is hard on himself when he makes mistakes. I know who I'd rather have. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Exactly. That extra 5m means getting another Miller calibre forward, or really strengthening our D corps. 

Miller cares even in a season where it'd be easy to go through the motions and be apathetic. Can't be easy knowing he came from a stanley cup contender to play for us right now, yet he still gives his all and is hard on himself when he makes mistakes. I know who I'd rather have. 

Sabers management has done a lot in FA to try to make it a playoff team and they can’t get Close. Eichel might be a little overrated 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

who's your main interest while you try to navigate your way through life?

1 hour ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

who's your main interest while you try to navigate your way through life?

My family. I hear your point, but I dont agree with the premise.

Eichel has a 10m contract, and is, for all intents and purposes, well taken care of. His problem with Buffalo isn't that he's been wronged in some egregious way, its that his team isnt very good. Hes tired of losing. Sure that's understandable, but if you're a high character player (especially the captain) you keep a good attitude and do what you can to support your team. 
My point is players like Miller hate losing just as much, and they express their frustration, but they don't run for the exit. They keep trying to be better and do their part. Teams rally around guys like Miller. 

2 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Eichel has a 10m contract, and is, for all intents and purposes, well taken care of. His problem with Buffalo isn't that he's been wronged in some egregious way, its that his team isnt very good. Hes tired of losing. Sure that's understandable, but if you're a high character player (especially the captain) you keep a good attitude and do what you can to support your team. 
My point is players like Miller hate losing just as much, and they express their frustration, but they don't run for the exit. They keep trying to be better and do their part. Teams rally around guys like Miller. 

Look at how much McDavid has carried Edmonton. They would be less than a middling team without him and now they're a bona fide contender (probably one of the top two teams in Canada with the other spot between Toronto or Montreal) 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Look at how much McDavid has carried Edmonton. They would be less than a middling team without him and now they're a bona fide contender (probably one of the top two teams in Canada with the other spot between Toronto or Montreal) 

I don't disagree with you about TO or EDM. It's just......ugh.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It sucks but we'll get better. 

Are owners have a depth of business experience that has been useful for extending the value of their asset, the Vancouver Canucks. When the Aquillini's bought the Canucks, they were worth half what they're worth now. That doesn't include the playoff revenue, ticket sales, endorsements, jerseys, you name it they're profiting off it. They know what to do like when they hired Nonis, Gillis, Linden/Benning and whoever manages the team next. 

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yeah, it sucks right now, but what you have to realize is that TO has taken 16yrs of rebuilding and still has done nothing beyond not qualifying and 1st round exits in the playoffs.  Oilers have taken 15yrs so far.  They may breeze through the Cdn division, but it will be a different story when they play against the US teams.

Although some will disagree, I think the Nucks started their rebuild in the 15/16 season (of which they apparently thought they could 'rebuild on the fly'.  It's highly unlikely that JB was hired for the 14/15 season to begin a rebuild.  So since the 15/16 season, the Canucks have had 5 seasons of not qualifying for the playoffs; including this season and the glorious bubble season where they lost the battle in game 7 of the 2nd round. 

Chances are that the Canucks will be back in the playoffs next season and continue on a developmental path to contender in 2 or 3 years.

18 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

I dont like how people are using that quote against him, of course he has to do what's best for him. As far as comparing him to MIller goes, Miller has been on far better teams throughout his career and has been in the playoffs several times, Eichel has not. There is also the matter of the disagreement between him and the team about treatment of his current injury. Eichel put his time in with Buffalo, I dont blame him at all for wanting to leave. Oh and I almost forgot the whole draft lotto reaction fiasco with Tim Murray.

1 hour ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I dont like how people are using that quote against him, of course he has to do what's best for him. As far as comparing him to MIller goes, Miller has been on far better teams throughout his career and has been in the playoffs several times, Eichel has not. There is also the matter of the disagreement between him and the team about treatment of his current injury. Eichel put his time in with Buffalo, I dont blame him at all for wanting to leave. Oh and I almost forgot the whole draft lotto reaction fiasco with Tim Murray.

Sure thats fine to want a trade, but you do it privately, behind closed doors, and express positivity in public if you're currently under contract. Its not fair to his teammates, the fans, or the organization to be airing his dirty laundry in public. Professionals don't do that. You speak highly about your franchise, and team, even if you don't feel it UNTIL you no longer have obligations to that team. 

He chose to sign an 8 year contract. He had the option of requesting a shorter term, but he didn't. If he signed a shorter deal, he could be a free agent right now. 

By airing his dirty laundry in public, he's screwing over Buffalo and it's fans. He becomes a distressed asset, and the return Buffalo gets for him is diminished. 

3 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Sure thats fine to want a trade, but you do it privately, behind closed doors, and express positivity in public if you're currently under contract. Its not fair to his teammates, the fans, or the organization to be airing his dirty laundry in public. Professionals don't do that. You speak highly about your franchise, and team, even if you don't feel it UNTIL you no longer have obligations to that team. 

He chose to sign an 8 year contract. He had the option of requesting a shorter term, but he didn't. If he signed a shorter deal, he could be a free agent right now. 

By airing his dirty laundry in public, he's screwing over Buffalo and it's fans. He becomes a distressed asset, and the return Buffalo gets for him is diminished. 

And we don’t want this guy.  It would cost us Bo plus our 2021 first plus Dipietro.  No thanks.  

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And we don’t want this guy.  It would cost us Bo plus our 2021 first plus Dipietro.  No thanks.  

its a scary-ass injury. Its one thing for someone in the general public to get a neck disk replaced, but a pro athlete? yikes. That may not be his outcome but ifs a a possibility and then you have 8 years of LTIR. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its a scary-ass injury. Its one thing for someone in the general public to get a neck disk replaced, but a pro athlete? yikes. That may not be his outcome but ifs a a possibility and then you have 8 years of LTIR

And you're minus the significant assets you gave up to acquire him

• Vintage 1