The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Reinhart open to a trade back to West Coast

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

I think an ELITE 2nd line center would be like ROR or Patrice Bergeron. Ideally a #1 is like Mackinnon tbh. But we know this roster is impossible :bigblush: Just let me dream LMAO

I mean.... I don't think Bo is super far off those guys. Especially playoff Bo lol. 

I would love to have SR but mannnnn we need some defence. 

Miller - Ep40 - Boeser
Pearson - Bo - Reinhart
Podkolzin- x -Hogz
Motte - x - Highmore

depending how you fill out the bottom centers.. that's a killer forward group! I heard a rumour last year that the Beagle injury might be his career so we could have room for Reinhart and a solid Depth signing (of course with a little extra cap gymnastics).

if were playing with that 9th overall pick, its hard to think we should use it on a forward over trying to kick start the D... but hey... we got Schmidt for a 3rd and Hughes should be better next year. there are other ways to fill out the D. I would love to see this Forward group!

Imagine if Virtanen wasn't being virtanen...

2 minutes ago, Laoag said:

Miller - Ep40 - Boeser
Pearson - Bo - Reinhart
Podkolzin- x -Hogz
Motte - x - Highmore

depending how you fill out the bottom centers.. that's a killer forward group! I heard a rumour last year that the Beagle injury might be his career so we could have room for Reinhart and a solid Depth signing (of course with a little extra cap gymnastics).

if were playing with that 9th overall pick, its hard to think we should use it on a forward over trying to kick start the D... but hey... we got Schmidt for a 3rd and Hughes should be better next year. there are other ways to fill out the D. I would love to see this Forward group!

Imagine if Virtanen wasn't being virtanen...

It would be nice if Mr. Sutter would come back for cheap. He's been sneaky good for the team the last year or two but was just making a bit too much.  

Edit: I didn't realise Sutter was 32!!! man I'm getting old. 

Edited by J-Dizzle

Just now, J-Dizzle said:

It would be nice if Mr. Sutter would come back for cheap. He's been sneaky good for the team the last year or two but was just making a bit too much.  

Sutter on the cheap for the 4th line? Yeah sign me up for that. I really like Sutter, he's a gamer and plays the right way. Sutter in the playoffs was impressive. 

A lot of our players are much better in the playoffs... to bad getting to the playoffs isn't a sure thing!

7 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

If these guys (Edvinsson/Clarke/Eklund/Johnson/Guenther/McTavish) are all gone, I would do it but it will be further down my priority list. I agree with @Tom Sestito, I would explore what defencemen we could get for our 9th OA first because it's a bigger need.

I would dangle the pick and kick tires on Cernak, Jones, Parayko. 

shoulda grabbed weegar last off season when he was rumoured to be available as well.

but yeah - im more open to moving that pick if you’re getting a hamhuis level defenseman. 

This is definitely a trade Benning needs look into something I’d look at it is 9th overall Joulevi rousell 3rd for reinhart Colin Miller 

Top 6

jt Miller Peterrson Boeser 

hoglander horvat reinhart 

Defense

schimdt Myers

Hughes free agent

Rathbone Miller 

4 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

This is definitely a trade Benning needs look into something I’d look at it is 9th overall Joulevi rousell 3rd for reinhart Colin Miller 

Top 6

jt Miller Peterrson Boeser 

hoglander horvat reinhart 

Defense

schimdt Myers

Hughes free agent

Rathbone Miller 

that defense won’t be playing any defense 

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

What I like about Reinhart is that he scores usually in two ways, net front tip/redirection on the powerplay or off the cycle in close on the net.

Something the Canucks did not do enough of was get bodies in front of the goalie and get dirty goals. A lot of the ways that the Canucks scored this past season was off the rush but couldn't sustain as many goals off of sustained pressured.

I looked at the goals package out of their 151 goals scored this season, 124 were 5v5

5v5 break down

59 goals - off the rush

28 goals - Sustained offensive pressure

23 goals - forced turnovers 

7 goals - off of faceoffs

7 goals - empty nets

Majority of the goals were opportunistic and off the rush plays. What the Canucks severely suffered was sustaining ongoing offensive pressure and converting on those chances.

Looking at Reinhart's goals from 2019-2020 + 2020-2021 season, majority of his goals were scored in tight or off of sustained pressured plays. Canucks need to start trending away from relying on off the rush plays and begin building an offensive system that garners more finish and reward off of sustained pressure in the ozone. However, that is Green's system, skating hard and looking for opportunities to capitalize by wearing them down with skating and outmuscling the opposition by sheer determination, but relying on this system is super demanding and requires a team to execute every detail very well in order for that to happen. Its no wonder our guys are gassed and exhausted. We saw so many mental errors, this system is not sustainable, the team needs to learn to play with the puck and more skill. 

I would love to add Reinhart...of course logistics and context matter. Regardless, the Canucks need to start sustaining better production that isn't solely reliant of getting chances off rushes. Well structured teams will shut them down easily.

We need a little more Sedinery is what youre saying? 

I bet Sam grew up watching the Sedins... lets do it! haha

31 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

Hoffman is garbage unless he makes 4th line money

he is a black hole on defense. would be a good pp guy or late game offense guy to move up the lineup if you need goals like how they play myers with hughes when we are losing in the 3rd

Ya, I'm not a big Hoffman fan either. Just thinking more stop gap, short term.

6 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Well if schiemdt and Myers can’t play d one needs be left exposed

schmidt is good on both ends but he still needs a better defense focused presence next to him so he can be at his best pushing pace up the ice

myers is only good on one end

seems obvious to me 

12 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Miller looked great at world championships great third pairing d that can jump into top 4 when needed 

that should be hamonic with rathbone.

3rd pairing defense focused d-man who can fill temporarily in the top four.

Edited by Tom Sestito

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Reinhart would be a terrific addition but the Sabres would need to take on some cap (Roussel or Beagle).

9OA + Roussel + Juolevi should good errr done.

gross.  No thanks

Just now, Tom Sestito said:

schmidt is good on both ends but he still needs a better defense focused presence next to him so he can be at his best pushing pace up the ice

myers is only good on one end

seems obvious to me 

Well that was problem people wanna pay 6 dollar defencemen to be 3rd pairing both guys played as fringe 4th defencemen more like 5th and 6th