The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You must be confused.  Marty 6x6 was signed by Calgary...

Marky playing and effective 6x6 in Vancouver = taxi squad 

Pretty long list of grossly over paid ufas in the JB it is what it is era. 

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

imagine how bad things must be -  playing for the Canucks - (when they give you the green light to miss a game)

what a tire fire

JPat #exposed once again, as flake news.

using a player's family misfortune as an opportunity to peddle a cheap, inflammatory fabrication.

stay professional, 'JPat'.

Aside from Sekeres he’s the worst since Gallagher.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

If this is true it would speak to the players not playing at the beginning of the season to get him fired. 
I didn’t believe it but it all of a sudden players want to leave it’ll be clear it was. 
I don’t think the players have much respect for him. 

Edited by combover
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, combover said:

Marky playing and effective 6x6 in Vancouver = taxi squad 

Pretty long list of grossly over paid ufas in the JB it is what it is era. 

Monday morning QB's always go 30/30 with a 158.3 passer rating.  Try playing on Sundays and see what happens to your stats...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Squamfan said:

Drance is a jackal. Who cackles like a hyena. The Vancast and the Sekeres and Price podcasts have been short lived listening experiments for me.

Halford and Brough are at least honest to admit they are fans like the rest of us.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, combover said:

If this is true it would speak to the players not playing at the beginning of the season to get him fired. 
I didn’t believe it but it all of a sudden players want to leave it’ll be clear it was. 
I don’t think the players have much respect for him. 

I mean when Horvat answered “we got a ton of support from fans and other teams” when asked about what support they received from management and ownership. It speaks volume but Benning Bros don’t see that 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Drance is a jackal. Who cackles like a hyena. The Vancast and the Sekeres and Price podcasts have been short lived listening experiments for me.

Halford and Brough are at least honest to admit they are fans like the rest of us.

i hate his questions, but Miller has not been happy, He hates losing. did you see his faceoff last week, where he literally just stood there and watched?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Monday morning QB's always go 30/30 with a 158.3 passer rating.  Try playing on Sundays and see what happens to your stats...

Are you saying LE is the same as markstrom 

lol.

le was crap out of the box and most except the same old followers thought the signing snd timing was terrible. Hindsight not required. 

you think Myers will still be a #4 dman when his contract comes up. He’ll be in le spot.

he tried to sign OEL last summer imagine what that would have been another Lottery winner 

furland damaged goods

ar.

so why isn’t Jb 30/30 Monday morning he’s still plays like it’s Sunday 

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

i am saying you are wrong to think we will get a top notch 3rd line center for less than 3m. maybe we can get a 35+ vet or someone like grigorenko,glendenning,czikas for less

Right most of those contracts where also signed before the flat cap the past 5 stanley cup winners 3rd line center made around 5% of the cap which would be around 4Millon give or take in terms of a 81.5Mill Cap so pretty much halfway bettween what we are both saying

imagine saying that the  gm that said " we ran out of time" is a good gm

imagine saying  the gm that choose Virtanen over toffoli is good

imagine saying the gm that didn't even offer toffoli a contract is good

imagine saying a gm who has over paid for plugs is good

Imagine a gm who has a lack of communication skills is good

imagine a gm in a 7 year rebuild asking for more time is good

Benningbros are the worst. I want this team to be good and win a cup but thats not happening with Jim has our gm

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, combover said:

Are you saying LE is the same as markstrom 

lol.

le was crap out of the box and most except the same old followers thought the signing snd timing was terrible. Hindsight not required. 

you think Myers will still be a #4 dman when his contract comes up. He’ll be in le spot.

he tried to sign OEL last summer imagine what that would have been another Lottery winner 

furland damaged goods

ar.

so why isn’t Jb 30/30 Monday morning he’s still plays like it’s Sunday 

Eriksson was a 30 goal scorer when he signed that contract.  That whole UFA class was terrible.  Loui's contract was one of the better ones.  Myers is a top 4 Dman and will still be contributing well into his mid 30's even though his contract is up when he is 34.  He's big, great skater and plays the tough minutes.  OEL is a top defeceman in this league but Benning never did the deal so nobody cares about that anymore.  Ferland is on LTIR and doesn't even count against the cap so again nobody cares exept you.

Try playing on a Sunday, I'd like to see what your stats will be...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He might be able to get a PTO if he mutually terminates his contract.

Wishful thinking for Loui. Be interesting to see what happens. That’s gotta be a tough year for him this year