The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jim Benning to return for next season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

lots of empty seats, and they struggle giving away tickets for pennies or free. 

Where ever these free tickets are sign me up. I only go to a game or two a year and I usually pick a game like New Jersey cause the tickets are only like $150 bucks

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

They have become cheap ever since Linden's departure. 

Really wonder if the Aqualini group is in trouble these days. 

makes a bit of sense to go cheap if you are going to be a bottom feeder. But now that they are turning the corner, maybe they will see it as a time to re-invest in better staff. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Terrible news... they are running this franchise into the ground.  It is already a laughingstock in the league right there with Ottawa and Buffalo.

On the plus side, the 2023 draft is supposed to be stellar and we now have a better chance at picking near the top of that year...

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 2
  • RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

Taj is constantly & consistently negative / hateful of this franchise. All he does is b**** & complain and slam the organization / people in it. It's one thing to be critical when there's something to be critical of, but he does it even when there isn't. This owner / gm / coach / players could have great success and he'd still have something to be negative about. That's not a fan! 

I definitely agree that some of these non-media members feed off the little status that they've grown but that goes for anyone who's prominent on any platform really. 

3 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

They have become cheap ever since Linden's departure. 

Really wonder if the Aqualini group is in trouble these days. 

The Aq family is worth 3+B and their major holdings are in real estate.  Maybe you haven't paid attention to what real estate prices have done in the last 2 years...

To be clear the Aquilinis are worth more today than they were 2 years ago and the 25m they lost on the Canucks this year is not consequential to their overall balance sheet.

Don't just type garbage please.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Terrible news... they are running this franchise into the ground.  It is already a laughingstock in the league right there with Ottawa and Buffalo.

I don't care what the league thinks, they hate us no matter what. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

makes a bit of sense to go cheap if you are going to be a bottom feeder. But now that they are turning the corner, maybe they will see it as a time to re-invest in better staff. 

We will have to see and soon cause this ain't gonna fly if it is going to be status quo plus the Sedins only. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Where ever these free tickets are sign me up. I only go to a game or two a year and I usually pick a game like New Jersey cause the tickets are only like $150 bucks

you've got to expand your search a bit. i know as a university student, i could get tickets through their university program in any section of the arena for $40-60 a piece. even as a non-uni student, upper bowl tickets are generally $50 a piece and there were still thousands of red seats or if you message people with ads on cl/facebook groups an hour or two before the game, you can get tickets for "cheap". 

i know in the family corporate business, it's hard to give away tickets to games sometimes while ten years ago, clients nonstopped asked for the pair we had lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shayster007 said:

Or the dude just wants to go home to his family, then avoid flying during a pandemic when everything is done online anyways. But I guess you can spin anything one way or the other.

Or Loui Eriksson lol

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

This, ownership setup management for failure. They need to prove at this point that they have learned from this and start beefing up the front office. Get rid of Weisbroad if he is a nuisance (big if there). And start opening up the wallet. If ownership's concern is making a profit than they are in the wrong business. 

This and bringing in the Sedins can't be the only move this off season. No even close.

lol thats funny, he is going to do his best to make this a playoff team not a cup winning team. I'm sure dollar for dollar thats the best bang for your buck. Maybe when the team is closer they will spend more money on management. 

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

The Aq family is worth 3+B and their major holdings are in real estate.  Maybe you haven't paid attention to what real estate prices have done in the last 2 years...

To be clear the Aquilinis are worth more today than they were 2 years ago and the 25m they lost on the Canucks this year is not consequential to their overall balance sheet.

Don't just type garbage please.

25 million is always consequential, don't type garbage.

All the bad contracts were signed by JB 

So  the team will be good when his signing come off the books. Lol

makes sense 

I’m sure the guy who’s proven he can’t manage a salary cap won’t try to blow it all on the first ufa ( OEL last summer) to pile on more dead money 

• RoughGame 2

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

We will have to see and soon cause this ain't gonna fly if it is going to be status quo plus the Sedins only. 

agreed, I do think there needs to be some additional talent added to the management group. So... we shall see. 

1 minute ago, Quantum said:

Could happen if the Canucks lose a lot of games in their first 20.  If they win all is forgiven.

That's exactly the gamble.  Let's see.  I'm betting on Petey and Podz and a bunch of young talent having a better year next year.

• Like 1