The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Vasili Podkolzin

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Jones cap hit?

5.4 is a bargain

Talking next contract, not worth it to trade for one year of his current contract. But if his next contract is not at the expected 9 mil+ but instead 7.5 mil tops, then maybe, but I think someone will pay more than that and I'd rather it not be us.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, J-P said:

Myers straight up? Would fit both teams I believe. Columbus is a good trading partner for us and I always loved the idea of Domi as a top 9F on our team, so if there are no red flags on his health long term I'm all for playing the patient game here.

Not sure what we could offer up in a trade otherwise though? Sign and trade for both Jones and Domi for our 1st +? Don't want Jones cap hit though and I don't think they price we'd have to pay is worth it.

If there’s a deal for Jones + Domi for the 9OA21, I think we run away with it and never look back.

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

If there’s a deal for Jones + Domi for the 9OA21, I think we run away with it and never look back.

Yeah, agree even though I don't like the projected cap hit for Jones, but I think we'll have to add quite a bit. A signed Jones at 8 mil + Domi for our pick and one of our better prospects/younger players is still worth exploring even if it would hurt.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, J-P said:

Yeah, agree even though I don't like the projected cap hit for Jones, but I think we'll have to add quite a bit. A signed Jones at 8 mil + Domi for our pick and one of our better prospects/younger players is still worth exploring even if it would hurt.

Any word if Jones is about to sign with CBJ?

Anyways, much better than a deal for Eichel. That neck.

Scary contract.

Edited by Me_

9 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah he literally told columbus he will never sign a deal with them, ever.

That’s what I thought.

So that’s a player on an expiring contract then.

Less expensive in trade.

On 6/7/2021 at 2:05 PM, J-P said:

Talking next contract, not worth it to trade for one year of his current contract. But if his next contract is not at the expected 9 mil+ but instead 7.5 mil tops, then maybe, but I think someone will pay more than that and I'd rather it not be us.

Even if, Benning doesn't have the competency or pieces to trade for him. Benning says he's going to be aggressive this off-season which is laughable as we have no cap space and need to re-sign Hughes and Pettersson.

• RoughGame 3

On 6/7/2021 at 2:59 PM, Me_ said:

Agreed, seeing that Jones is only 26 makes that even more digestible. We obviously aren't in a win now mode but Jones is still young enough he'd be with the team for years to come barring Benning letting him walk at his next contract which let's be honest could possibly happen.

• Vintage 1

From what I've seen, Podkolzin looks like more of an energy guy and creates plays more than an elite goal scorer. Works unbelievably hard and is relentless on the puck. We need more of guys like this, hard nosed and aggressive. If he scores some goals then obviously that's a bonus, but for his first year or two providing some energy and bite would be a great scenario - with that work ethic the points and good line mates will come - look forward to watching him more. 

Edited by CJ44

3 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

From what I've seen, Podkolzin looks like more of an energy guy and creates plays more than an elite goal scorer. Works unbelievably hard and is relentless on the puck. We need more of guys like this, hard nosed and aggressive. If he scores some goals then obviously that's a bonus, but for his first year or two providing some energy and bite would be a great scenario - with that work ethic the points and good line mates will come - look forward to watching him more. 

Yes his work ethic was top notch but did you see any of his limited play time with SKA? He was a play driver and a good playmaker. And his shot ain’t to shabby. 

Trust me we are still yet to see Podz full arsenal.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dats hockey said:

Yes his work ethic was top notch but did you see any of his limited play time with SKA? He was a play driver and a good playmaker. And his shot ain’t to shabby. 

Trust me we are still yet to see Podz full arsenal.

For sure, he looked great in World Juniors as well, I knows he's definitely offensively talented and creates plays - I hope it translates to the NHL level which I think it will. 

1 hour ago, CJ44 said:

For sure, he looked great in World Juniors as well, I knows he's definitely offensively talented and creates plays - I hope it translates to the NHL level which I think it will. 

He was setting up a ton of plays, but his linemates weren't meshing will with him.  Finding the right fit here will be crucial.

• Cheers 2

18 hours ago, CJ44 said:

Even if, Benning doesn't have the competency or pieces to trade for him. Benning says he's going to be aggressive this off-season which is laughable as we have no cap space and need to re-sign Hughes and Pettersson.

Hey hey hey!

Another dig at our GM!

Because some just can’t help being “that guy”.

Idiotic monominded voice of nothingness.

Edited by Me_
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Colorado won’t be able to afford him.

unless there's salary moving back. but there's no way CBJ wants Burakovsky or Kadri. Not sure Colorado really needs him either.

Jones won't be an easy deal to make, I could see this easily turning into a deadline day trade and nothing happening this offseason. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1