Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Vasili Podkolzin


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

 

Screenshot_20210626-111112_Chrome.jpg

Yup.  Larionov said that a year or so ago after Pod got drafted..

 

I doubt Pod has the offensive skills of Mess but if he could get close to the grit, leadership and longevity of Mess he would be a special player. 

 

Anything close to Messier is a huge draft day coup at 10th overall. 

  • Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Yup.  Larionov said that a year or so ago after Pod got drafted..

 

I doubt Pod has the offensive skills of Mess but if he could get close to the grit, leadership and longevity of Mess he would be a special player. 

 

Anything close to Messier is a huge draft day coup at 10th overall. 

Never saw the words carbon copy... and this was a year ago so let's take it with a grain of salt.

 

My personal comparison (through scattered video and articles) would be ryan kelser... obviously not a center but he is tenacious, gritty, has incredible drive with an offensive flair. Would be happy with a 2 way 60 point average physical winger (who wouldnt'?).

 

If his last name was smith and he was in the OHL he would have been #3 all day. Can't wait to see him in blue and green next season.

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Messier with Oilers NYR or Canucks?

No one but Canuck fans remember the washed up lazy version in Van.
 

I hope he is right and that we got ourselves a “prime” Messier. I prefer the Russian angle and would have hoped ge compared him to an Ovechkin instead :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, coryberg said:

Never saw the words carbon copy... and this was a year ago so let's take it with a grain of salt.

 

My personal comparison (through scattered video and articles) would be ryan kelser... obviously not a center but he is tenacious, gritty, has incredible drive with an offensive flair. Would be happy with a 2 way 60 point average physical winger (who wouldnt'?).

 

If his last name was smith and he was in the OHL he would have been #3 all day. Can't wait to see him in blue and green next season.

I agree with most of what you said, but comparing Podzolzin to Kesler isn't even close. 

 

IMO, I think this kid is going leave Kesler in his dust. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

I agree with most of what you said, but comparing Podzolzin to Kesler isn't even close. 

 

IMO, I think this kid is going leave Kesler in his dust. 

 

 

He will be hard pressed to leave a 41 goal selke winning season in the dust but I do admire your optimism 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, coryberg said:

He will be hard pressed to leave a 41 goal selke winning season in the dust but I do admire your optimism 

Not saying Kesler didn't have his moments, especially during the Nashville series, but I believe that Podkolzin is going to surpass anything RK ever accomplished. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Not saying Kesler didn't have his moments, especially during the Nashville series, but I believe that Podkolzin is going to surpass anything RK ever accomplished. 

Kesler never came close to 41 goals besides that one year in 2011. The rest of his career i think podz could definitely be like keslers 20-25 goals 60-70 points.

  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, grandmaster said:

No one but Canuck fans remember the washed up lazy version in Van.
 

I hope he is right and that we got ourselves a “prime” Messier. I prefer the Russian angle and would have hoped ge compared him to an Ovechkin instead :P

Be relieved that Larionov didn't compare Podkolzin to Krutov....

 

                                               regards,  G.

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gollumpus said:

Be relieved that Larionov didn't compare Podkolzin to Krutov....

 

                                               regards,  G.

is Krutov the original "fat Jake"? 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, coryberg said:

 

Screenshot_20210626-111112_Chrome.jpg

Been saying that the entire time.

Messier without the cocaine or the ego.

 

Edited by Me_
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Been saying that the entire time.

Messier without the cocaine or the ego.

 

Russian Messier, now with 100% less 'douche'!

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...