The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Is Schmidt on the move?

Me_

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Your okay with a whole heck of a lot of Goalless Edler again next year then if we trade Schmidt for a LW ( a position we need 0 help in at the moment)

LW players we have or can line up in that spot: Miller, Petey, Hoglander, Pearson, Podkolzin, Motte, Highmore, Gadj, Roussel, future UFA signing/trade acquisition

I like the idea of Miller in the middle to form three strong pairs (Miller/Boeser, Petey/Podz, Bo/Hogs) but it would be interesting to see Petey freed up on the wing:

Petey           Miller        Boeser

UFA/Trade   Bo            Hogs

Pearson   UFA/Trade    Podz

Motte        Graovac       Lind/Highmore/Bailey

Even if they do nothing on defense it could look like below but hoping they are able to trade for one or two d-men from teams looking to avoid losing players to expansion draft for nothing:

Hughes Hamonic

Rathbone Schmidt

Juolevi Myers

Edited by 5nothincanucksohno
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Scottydzik said:

Schmidt 2022 3rd to philly for Nolan Patrick bye Schmidt 

I’d do that deal.  Saves us near five mil on the cap too.  Flyers would almost certainly only do that deal if we take back more cap though.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I’d do that deal.  Saves us near five mil on the cap too.  Flyers would almost certainly only do that deal if we take back more cap though.  

Ya retain Schmidt at 30 percent there looking to revamp I think they pull trigger 

4 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Ya retain Schmidt at 30 percent there looking to revamp I think they pull trigger 

They are looking for a steady RHD that can settle their top pairing - don't see that being Schmidt.  

Flyers are in on Seth Jones.  They looked at Ekholm but Poile wants to extend him plus LHD.  

7 minutes ago, mll said:

They are looking for a steady RHD that can settle their top pairing - don't see that being Schmidt.  

Flyers are in on Seth Jones.  They looked at Ekholm but Poile wants to extend him plus LHD.  

According to everyone on here that is excactly who he is for us 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Dhaliwal tweeting that he didnt confirm Schmidt wanted out, only he keeps hearing rumours.

Taj is full of $&!#.

It’s a rumour, so can’t be confirmed.  That’s why it’s a rumour, and not fact.  And yes, Taj (whoever that is) is full of craperolla! 

Id love if we moved out Shmidt and took back no cap.  Then used the 6 (plus buy out Jake) to sign Doogie Howser Hamilton.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s a rumour, so can’t be confirmed.  That’s why it’s a rumour, and not fact.  And yes, Taj (whoever that is) is full of craperolla! 

Id love if we moved out Shmidt and took back no cap.  Then used the 6 (plus buy out Jake) to sign Doogie Howser Hamilton.

Absolutely. Even next season we wouldnt even be in on any of the top RHD and could focus on helping the top 9 with all the cap opening up. Tho i dunno if hamilton would be interested in joining van .

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

I'll only believe it if I actually hear it from a credible source. (which none of these sources are). We've seen it too many times where the media will "claim" something like Boeser getting traded, or OEL requesting a trade to Vancouver, or whatever other ultimately untrue statement to the point where I have little time or faith for this stuff.

Just our wonderful van city wannabes stirring the sh#t because they’re bored. Nothing to see here 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alfie, why do you like Hamilton so much?

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

One reason Schmidt wanted to come to Vancouver was he thought they were close to contending. After last season, it looks like they’re still a few years from it, after which Schmidt may be regressing.

So if it’s true, I don’t blame him for thinking about a fresh start. After the year from hell the team just had, wouldn’t you?

Hey Nate, D-Money here from the Canucks (CDC) fan message boards, just a couple of questions. First, did you come here because you thought we were close to contending? Second, or because you were traded here and really had no choice? Asking for a friend...,

is that close to how your personal convo went?