The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Is Schmidt on the move?

Me_

23 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Does Van have enough hookers n blow for Kuznetsov tho? 

23 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Does Van have enough hookers n blow for Kuznetsov tho? 

Ya he doesn't scream good character type player does he? Good hockey player tho, imagine if he put 100% effort in it and avoided the other distractions!?

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The Flyers are also rumored to be going heavily after Seth Jones. That rumor just wont die. If so, hopefully Benning is kicking tires as they will meed to move a dman out.

They may want Schmidt if they miss out on Jones or one of the bigger name RH ufa. But I dont think he fits what they are prioritizing.

Ya, it would surprise me if they got Jones before expansion unless one of their top 3D was moving the other way.   I would happily take Philippe Myers from them if they needed to make a move before expansion.

Schmidt would have to be a post expansion move for most teams so they don’t just end up exposing an extra player. 

1 minute ago, DontMessMe said:

What team would offer a 1st? Getting a 2nd is pretty optimistic imo 

Depends on the market… sometimes it’s a buyers market, other times it’s a seller’s market.

Never know what you can get at that Draft table.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

I’m going to take a guess here. This thread will end up being a 100 pages long and by the time October rolls around Schmidt will still be in a Canucks uniform. LOL

So the norm? :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

In Vancouver, with our media, more often than not, where there's smoke, there's nothing more than a soiled pair of Sekeres' underwear.

Vancouver media, like all other media, get some things right and some things wrong. We wont know until we see if he gets traded. Given what Benning said when denying the rumor initially, it will strongly suggest Schmidt did indeed want out if he does suddenly get traded.

I wont really care much either way tbh. I think he was misused by Green and Baumgartner and would robably be much better with a guy like Juolevi while being able to play more his style of game. If they replace him with a better or even equivalent RHD I am fine with trading him. I do think Shaw could get a lot more out of Schmidt though.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Not blaming him, was probably having all the fun he was in a place like Vegas and then got shipped to the very beautiful but boring and bland "no fun city" Vancouver.

Not to mention the rumours that the other players were having issues with his "enthusiastic" attitude lol

He's annoying is basically what it boils down to. Fun guy, good guy, but an annoying guy.  We all know someone similar.  Takes a certain type of room to be able to deal with it. Looks like ours can't. 

Edited by cuporbust

9 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Schmidt doesn't come across as someone who would want out after 1 year, but maybe he was willing to see if we made coaching changes etc and when he saw Green back and Baumgartner slated to remain as D coach even after bringing in Brad Shaw he might say, ya you know what I do want out...I want to win a cup or have a chance at it and I prefer play the right side like I did mainly my entire NHL career before I came to Vancouver.

As long as we don't have to retain salary or take back a bad contract I have  no problems with him wanting out, he is competitive and he has to look out for his best interests at the end of the day. He doesn't have full control if he does want out he has a 10 team NT list and he may add a few of those teams to make it easier for us. Boston should be all over this compare to being in on OEL, but maybe they want Garland too and I read the Yotes may be willling to retain OEL down to a 7m cap hit

None of us no for sure but one thing about Vancouver is stuff seldom gets leaked and Benning is about as transparent of a GM there is.

I believe Benning when he said Nate didn't ask for a trade.

In the last year our so-called "insiders" claimed Brock was being moved, JT wanted a trade, Quinn was on an IV and Ian Clark was 100% not coming back. Go back further and it was reported Edler was gone 2 hours before he re-signed.

It seems our media isn't given squat and therefore resort to causing drama just to be dicks.

From what we have seen and heard regarding Nate Vancouver was one of the few team's he would move to and doesn't strike me as a guy that would make a demand public, especially given the whackadoo season where he never got to spend any time getting to know the city are spend time off the ice with his teammates.

This whole story was brought up by a guy on a site that is known to be a bunch of hacks and a few local guys jumped on it because in their words nobody in Nate's camp refuted it since the last time he refuted it. I mean sheesh why would he considering that's exactly what he did a month ago.

On the off chance, this does have legs OEL because he plays the left side wouldn't be my first choice unless they did retain but man that's a big ask considering it's for 5 or 6 years? And that's a lot of dead cap for them.

I would move him for Manson or if a team would take the entire cap without sending any back, I would be ok with adding Risto, if we end up making a move for Reinhart cuz I doubt he waives to the Sabres. 

The devil's GM has been given the ok to spend to the cap and need someone like him as do the Rags and Flyers.

He only cost a 3rd so as long as we are not taking on cap the actual return doesn't need to be big.

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we're always linked to stupid $&!# this time of year. I don't believe any of it. 

That article is such crap and shows how much of a hack D-wall has turned into.

Some hack on the east coast parrots a rumour that was squashed by the player and GM a month ago and our local hack claims his "sources" confirmed it. Anyone that follows the team knows management keeps things tight-lipped so I seriously question his sources are anyone involved with actually running the team or represent Nate because leaking that only hurts the return and possibly limits the destinations making it harder to trade him. If a player wants out leaking it is counter-productive for said player unless he was told he's not being moved and Benning doesn't seem like a guy that would force a player to stay if he didn't want to be here. He's worked with agents all the time trying to facilitate a move for players so I just can't see the reason for it going down like this.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1