• Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2021 at 11:30 PM

10 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

& when suggested to Curtains-Don, how would he respond?

Didn't say the plays were even close to identical. But I partly question whether we've progressed at all in how we view/report or rule(DOPES) on these things?

I was pretty busy back when that happened, partly preparing to leave Canada. I've been away from that 24/7 raging, Cdn donut shop & media-debate for decades. Maybe that's why it's a period I'll often look back on?

Sorry mate, don't mean to come off as a jerk, but I honestly can't figure out what point you're trying to make....:unsure:

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sorry mate, don't mean to come off as a jerk, but I honestly can't figure out what point you're trying to make....:unsure:

This incident makes me think back to one in '93.

In the subsequent 3 decades(where I've mostly been away from NA), I wonder if a millimeter of progress has been gained?

40 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Anybody see Sean Avery's take on the hit

"It's like the end of the world or something, everybody thinks they'll get something for free. It'stheplayoffs. Get your f#$%n head up, a trains coming."

Avery.

I agree with Barnaby's take.

Vid posted on the previous page. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, knucklehead91 said:

@canuck73_3 @debluvscanucks

@Rubik
Just curious, but what is your take on the Krug hit that he charged from his own end of ice, without a helmet, did not go for the puck and as a dman was headed DEEP into the zone on one mission and that was to absolutely kill someone? https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/full-marks-officials-non-call-torey-krug-massive-hit/

Pretty much the same stuff, it's charging. Only difference is there was some serious back and forth going on there, so I would expect Perron to be prepared to receive a hit, and also I don't think he was in a particularly vulnerable position... or at least wasn't as vulnerable as Evans was. The play happened near the boards, at the faceoff circle, so if Perron ducks out of the way, I don't really have a problem with that. It's a turnover for sure, but still, you are not giving up a guaranteed goal chance or whatever, so I don't expect you to put your body on the line for it.

What really bothers me in the Scheifele case is that i'm pretty sure as soon as he crossed his own blue line, he knew there's nothing he could do to prevent the goal. This is apparent from him not extending his stick towards the puck. Towards the end he let up on the skating and just casually positioned himself to do the maximum amount of damage possible. And he knew Evans won't shy away, because it's still a close game, so he'll even put his body in harm's way, just to put that puck into the empty net.

I'm not saying Scheifele is a maniac and wanted to put Evans into a wheelchair, but he was definitely frustrated and saw a juicy opportunity to dish one out. Evans was a very, very easy target, and Scheifele didn't want to miss his chance.

ffdv.gif

Edited by Rubik
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Squamfan said:

its a sad thing that you never see stuff like this again because all these idiots SJW who never played sports have an opinions. What happened to keep your head up and don't admire your pass. This generation of players are lucky Stevens and Kronwall are not playin

I'm so happy that type of hockey is gone for the most part. Luckily, the sport is evolving and there's nothing you can do about it.

I like very physical, hard fought games where there's a hit every 5 seconds, but a hit should be used to tire out your opponent, separate him from the puck. Not to completely annihilate a defenseless player who's in a vulnerable position, sending him to the hospital. What's the fun in that for you?

Edited by Rubik
  • Cheers 2

"In short, this is a player who has travelled a considerable distance, is moving with exceptional speed and is fully aware of his momentum who chooses to charge into a vulnerable opponent with a high, predatory hit that causes an injury.” - NHL Department of player safety.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

That hasn’t been a good hit since Scott Stevens played. And he retired in 2004. 

I’ve been a Canucks fan since day one so for most my life that was a good hit, hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

• Cheers 1