The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Muller as Canucks Assistant Coach?

Rate this topic

Provost

5 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Hansen I believe could be a great coach but he needs to put in his dues first, like burrows has done before we give him a spot.

would be more than happy to have Hansen be part of the Abby back room 

I have been really impressed by Hansen’s interviews.  He clearly still follows the game (and the team) closely.  He also seems to not just have a player’s perspective and has good thoughts on cap management and roster building.

I could see him getting involved in management rather than coaching at some point.

It is hard to remember that these are really young guys still even if they are old hockey players.

Hansen is just 35, so I can imagine after a couple of years sitting at home enjoying post hockey life he would want to look for some challenges and a new career.

• Like 4

On 6/8/2021 at 5:42 AM, Provost said:

I have been really impressed by Hansen’s interviews.  He clearly still follows the game (and the team) closely.  He also seems to not just have a player’s perspective and has good thoughts on cap management and roster building.

I could see him getting involved in management rather than coaching at some point.

It is hard to remember that these are really young guys still even if they are old hockey players.

Hansen is just 35, so I can imagine after a couple of years sitting at home enjoying post hockey life he would want to look for some challenges and a new career.

He'll need to wait for the Sedins join the team. Intelligent people find ways to solve problems, Hansen is an intelligent person. Vcr needs more intelligence and less old school, we're being left behind. Burrows I'm expecting good things from, he has that passion for the sport that over rides bad times

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

So basically Treliving saw we were interested and went out and signed him?

Does that guy do anything original anymore? :lol:

Regardless the Flames will be Sutter’s team. Doubt Muller will have much autonomy.

We should make it known that we are trying to extend Loui’s contract. Maybe Treliving will interject and do a sign and trade.

• Haha 2