The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There are currently 4 head coaching vacancies right now.

- Seattle

- Columbus

- Rangers

- Arizona

I'd be curious what happens to Gallant. Because the only team that has interviewed him is New York.

Foreverblueshirts.com said the interview went well. But New York has 3-4 other candidates to interview. 

But that was back on May 15th. 

Doesn't look like anyone is tripping over themselves to hire Gallant. 

this is wild, baseless conjecture on my part, but imo the guy has the face of someone who pounds the liquor. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Lock said:

To all the people who were panicking about Ian Clark. I ask what I asked when I was arguing against you guys: why needlessly panic? ;)

People were associating past events like letting Brackett and our free agents walk with this.

The biggest factor in all of this was that it seems like Clarke really wants to be here.

I was worried there would be a team that came in and offered him an amount we couldn’t come close to matching. 

Edited by DeNiro

20 minutes ago, The Lock said:

To all the people who were panicking about Ian Clark. I ask what I asked when I was arguing against you guys: why needlessly panic? ;)

There is a difference between panicking and being concerned based on past history. To me it seemed like it could go either way with Clark. 

7 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

There is a difference between panicking and being concerned based on past history. To me it seemed like it could go either way with Clark. 

I think when Demko voiced his support for Clark, it was going to get done. 

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

What his other posts are like is irrelevant.  I am talking about this specific post. There is nothing negative in it. More just a shout out for Brown. Nothing wrong with showing some appreciation to a guy who got fired.

I notice a poster you dont have a grudge against for other reasons said the same thing I did and your response was very different. Like you trying to extrapolate that since Drance's other posts bother you this one also must, you are bringing non related bias about me into your response.

You are no different than what you are whining Drance is actually.

If you read between the lines of drance post like a lot of his other posts and athletic article which I subscribe too, he might be praising brown but he is also insinuating jb made a bad choice by no re-signing him.

This is the issue I have with drance. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I don't get it either. 

Do these people never leave the house out of fear of being hit by a bus or struck by lightning as well?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mordekai said:

If you read between the lines of drance post like a lot of his other posts and athletic article which I subscribe too, he might be praising brown but he is also insinuating jb made a bad choice by no re-signing him.

This is the issue I have with drance. 

That may be true, it may not. Drance doesnt usually insinuate though. If he had a criticism about letting Brown go I think he would just say it outright which he didnt do.

People have enough things Drance says to complain about. This comment to me was not a big deal.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

That may be true, it may not. Drance doesnt usually insinuate though. If he had a criticism about letting Brown go I think he would just say it outright which he didnt do.

People have enough things Drance says to complain about. This comment to me was not a big deal.

it isn't a big deal but he didn't say anything positive about yesterday's hire either...

I am sure most of the true fan base are ecstatic about Shaw being hired 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I don't get it either. 

Do these people never leave the house out of fear of being hit by a bus or struck by lightning as well?

I saw genuine concern Benning would "run out of time". Lots of historical evidence it was a possibility. By all accounts losing Clark would have been a huge loss. So why would people being concerned about that possibly happening be out of the ordinary?

A better question is why doesnt that apply to all the people who were freaking out about how bad it would be to fire Benning or Green? 

People on both sides of any issue have concerns and worries about which way it might go. Insulting one side just because it went the way you thought doesnt make you smarter. You didnt know for a fact they would re-sign him until they did nor did anyone else. Benning easily could have lost Clark by waiting so long. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I saw genuine concern Benning would "run out of time". Lots of historical evidence it was a possibility. By all accounts losing Clark would have been a huge loss. So why would people being concerned about that possibly happening be out of the ordinary?

A better question is why doesnt that apply to all the people who were freaking out about how bad it would be to fire Benning or Green? 

People on both sides of any issue have concerns and worries about which way it might go. Insulting one side just because it went the way you thought doesnt make you smarter. You didnt know for a fact they would re-sign him until they did nor did anyone else. Benning easily could have lost Clark by waiting so long. 

There's a lot of conjecture and hyperbole. Sure.

I didn't see anyone' freaking out' about firing either guy as bad. I saw a lot of people not condoning what was approaching something akin to a witch hunt, based on said conjecture, hyperbole and minus a whole metric butt load of context.

Sides? Was there a side that didn't want Clark back? Did I suggest I was 'smarter'? I don't know where you come up with this stuff...

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mordekai said:

it isn't a big deal but he didn't say anything positive about yesterday's hire either...

I am sure most of the true fan base are ecstatic about Shaw being hired 

I love the Shaw hiring. If it works like he indicated it will it will be a huge positive for the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

There's a lot of conjecture and hyperbole. Sure.

I didn't see anyone' freaking out' about firing either guy as bad. I saw a lot of people not condoning what was approaching something akin to a witch hunt, based on said conjecture, hyperbole and minus a whole metric butt load of context.

Sides? Was there a side that didn't want Clark back? Did I suggest I was 'smarter'? I don't know where you come up with this stuff...

There were sides in terms of those who thought he would be for sure coming back and those who were concerned he wouldnt be. I am pretty sure everyone wanted him back. 

I didnt see very many people rise to the level of paranoia you claim. I saw lots of people righyly concerned as time dragged on. 

Saying the people who had genuine concerns are paranoud, etc is what is hyperbolic and simply a way to be dismissive toward other people's opinions.

There was always the possibility Clark would not be back simply because the contract talks were delayed for so long. 

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

There were sides in terms of those who thought he would be for sure coming back and those who were concerned he wouldnt be. I am pretty sure everyone wanted him back. 

I didnt see very many people rise to the level of paranoia you claim. I saw lots of people righyly concerned as time dragged on. 

Saying the people who had genuine concerns are paranoud, etc is what is hyperbolic and simply a way to be dismissive toward other people's opinions.

There was always the possibility Clark would not be back simply because the contract talks were delayed for so long. 

There were people sure he'd be back? 

I wouldn't say paranoia. Panicky, reactionary and short sighted... Sure.

Of course there was always a possibility. Who's suggesting there wasn't?

5 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

While I am not a fan of Brown and it was time for him to go, I dont see how this is trolling or unrealistic commentary by Drance. 

I mean, Brown has been continuously employed as an NHL assistant coach on various teams since 1996. So saying someone will hire him isnt really an unrealistic idea.

What about all the other lies that he makes up? He is a troll reporter

• Cheers 1