The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Islanders trade Nick Leddy to Red Wings for Richard Panik, 2021 2nd-round pick

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If Edler is indeed gone, I'd like to see what Schmudt could do playing on the other side.

Some say Schmdt likes it on the dark side?

But yes, I am a proponent of playing a lefty on the left side...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Leddy has less term but what to Canuck fans on a non bias view point rate who is better or what the difference value wise would be between this Leddy trade and a possible Schmidt trade?

Should hold on to Schmidt now tho since Edler decided it was time to leave the Canucks, right?

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Panik at 1.375M isn't bad at all then for 2 seasons.

Lou Lam.  I tell ya.  Guy knows how to build a winning club.  His club took Tampa to seven games and their captain was injured.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Leddy has less term but what to Canuck fans on a non bias view point rate who is better or what the difference value wise would be between this Leddy trade and a possible Schmidt trade?

Should hold on to Schmidt now tho since Edler decided it was time to leave the Canucks, right?

Well Leddy only has a year left on his contract so Detroit probably flips him at the deadline for a 1st rounder to a contender.  Schmidt on the other hand has 4 years left on his contract so it would have to be a hockey trade for Benning.  I rate Leddy having higher value though.  He was a beast for the Islanders.

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

This is interesting 

Can't they just expose a current D...I know they may want to protect them all but maybe Pelech wants too much $$$ and the NYI GM is known to be a tough negotiator... I wouldn't read much into it now, if anything they trade for a middling player to fit the need last minute on the cheap

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Can't they just expose a current D...I know they may want to protect them all but maybe Pelech wants too much $$$ and the NYI GM is known to be a tough negotiator... I wouldn't read much into it now, if anything they trade for a middling player to fit the need last minute on the cheap

Don’t think they want seattle to have full negotiation rights on pelech who they would pay him way more than NYI can. 

Looking at the comments at least we aren’t the only fan base that has a conniption every time 

a) a draft pick is traded

and

b) a player is picked up that makes more than an irrefutable bargain 

…like, on top of Leddy making a basement-terrible team like the Wings better, it makes sense that given a decent year he likely returns close or more on a 2nd as a TDL rental, especially with some money retained.

But guys are still complaining.  Pretty mind boggling.

edit: it’s Yzerman, too.. thought he had a pretty good reputation. But, nooo… random Detroit area Athletic contributor deems it a bad allocation of cap space.

Edited by ilduce39
  • Vintage 1