The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Islanders trade Nick Leddy to Red Wings for Richard Panik, 2021 2nd-round pick

27 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Come on benning dooooooo something!!!!!! 

anything… hire a new zamboni driver!!   Tired of all the speculations 

Yeah, Benning, do something stupid, no matter how much it will hurt the organization, as long as sassbs has his action itch satisfied…

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Not that Tampa's forwards shouldn't get credit...  but Leddy was getting exposed pretty frequently in their playoff series.  He seemed to be on the ice every time Tampa would score a big goal.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Lou Lam is the friggin’ King.  That’s three seconds for Tiwes and Leddy.  He will draft D with those picks too, and in 3-5 years those young D will be playing.  Taking two young, not so smart, GMs to the woodshed.  Long live the King!  Screw Detroit (and Colorado) 

There staff deserves some credit as well, for developing the players Lou acquires   

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

“JB ran out of time” 

There. I said it 

Haha, I’m guessing this is tongue in cheek, but so far, I’d say the best move for Vancouver has been to not engage in this market, as it’s been favouring sellers IMO.

There’s still some time before the roster freeze tomorrow, and we’ll have to see if any GMs start to get antsy with their expansion draft exposure, and some bargains emerge, but to this point, I’m glad Benning hasn’t been in on most of these trades.

If the market doesn’t shift significantly in the next 17 hours (or whatever’s left on the clock), I certainly won’t criticize JB for standing pat (or “running out of time”).

• Upvote 1

What have I told you guys a 2nd and c prospect and Benning cannot pull off a trade like this he is not capable gm and should of been fired this team is not far away 2 signings and a hockey trade like this and Canucks can be in contention 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 4

8 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

What have I told you guys a 2nd and c prospect and Benning cannot pull off a trade like this he is not capable gm and should of been fired this team is not far away 2 signings and a hockey trade like this and Canucks can be in contention 

So, J.B. has this team in a spot that is " not far away 2 signings and a hockey trade like this and Canucks can be in contention"

And your solution is to fire the guy that got us to this spot? :picard:

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Someone call Benning QUICK :frantic: