The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Adam Larsson to test FA

58 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Go get him Jim!

Larsson + one of Hamonic, Hakanpaa or Jensen(trade).

Then we need one of Edler, Oleksiak, McCabe or Zadorov(trade) on the left.

Then trade Schmidt for a $4-5m W'er.

it feels like its going to take north of 6 mil to get him... do you still want him at that price? 

While I'm very keen on the idea of JB laying low this year and saving up for next year, I don't think the organization is. If we are going to go after a bigger fish UFA this year Larsson definitely seems like the guy. Would be a natural fit for Quinn, something this team desperately needs. He's also young enough that he can be a long term fit for Hughes as he develops. It's hard to tell with a likely oversaturated Dman market due to the ED whether his services will be as highly coveted as other years. 

Will be really interesting to see how this offseason a unfolds.

Would Seattle consider a 3rd to take Loui off our hands? You know, as a goodwill gesture to all the Canucks fans they know will be filling their arena?

Edit: I know it would have to be next year's 3rd.

Edited by buddhahoodlum
forgot to mention it would be next year's 3rd
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Would Seattle consider a 3rd to take Loui off our hands? You know, as a goodwill gesture to all the Canucks fans they know will be filling their arena?

Edit: I know it would have to be next year's 3rd.

We dont have a 3rd next year either

Priority number one for JB before burning anymore of his assets or cap space should be partner for Quinn. Maybe this is the guy, being a UFA though probably not.  Sounds like a decent match though and at this stage in career would prefer a seasoned player with Quinn. 

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Priority number one for JB before burning anymore of his assets or cap space should be partner for Quinn. Maybe this is the guy, being a UFA though probably not.  Sounds like a decent match though and at this stage in career would prefer a seasoned player with Quinn. 

Hamonic

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Go get him Jim!

Larsson + one of Hamonic, Hakanpaa or Jensen(trade).

Then we need one of Edler, Oleksiak, McCabe or Zadorov(trade) on the left.

Then trade Schmidt for a $4-5m W'er.

Larsson,  Hamonic, Oleksiak then trade Schmidt works for me.

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This would be a nice addition for us. Let's say hypothetically Seattle is planning to take Holtby anyways.

Sign Larsson, sign Tatar/Schwartz or someone like that.

Miller - Petey - Brock

UFA - Horvat - Hoglander

Pearson - Dickinson - Podkolzin

Motte - Beagle - UFA/Lockwood

Hughes - Larsson

Schmidt - Hamonic

Rathbone - Myers

If you get a bounce back from Hughes, a healthy Pettersson, and improved defensive structure under Shaw - things aren't looking half bad.

With Dickinson in, its almost a sure but Horvats line will be able to focus more on offense.  I want to see Hogz-Bo- Podz together.  Let Hogz play on his natural leftside.

54 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it feels like its going to take north of 6 mil to get him... do you still want him at that price? 

Assuming we bring in Larsson, and deal Schmidt, I'd be pretty comfortable with 4yr x 5 or 5.5.

Hughes-Larsson

Cole/Oleksiak/Nemeth/Murray/Forbort/Martinez-Myers

Rathbone/Juolevi-Hamonic

I'd be much more confident heading into next year with this D.

Just now, BCNate said:

Assuming we bring in Larsson, and deal Schmidt, I'd be pretty comfortable with 4yr x 5 or 5.5.

Hughes-Larsson

Cole/Oleksiak/Nemeth/Murray/Forbort/Martinez-Myers

Rathbone/Juolevi-Hamonic

I'd be much more confident heading into next year with this D.

Larsson is in a great position to really squeeze Edmonton, I just can't see him picking up and leaving for anything under 6. 

Given the impact on Hughes development it might be worth it in the long run, Hughes-Larsson could be a fantastic top pair. 

My guess its it takes 6 mil x 7 to get him here.