The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting.  Kraken are prepared to take on salary given the picks they have so far.

For all the talk about the Kraken wanting a guy like Holtby with salary retained, it will be interesting to see what assets they can extract from cap strapped teams if they are able and willing to take on full cap hits while also perhaps already having selected cheaper and younger players that they think could contribute in the medium to long term.

They could also be going after Eichel with all that extra cap space.

Then a couple big offers to Hamilton and Rask …

So basically there is no reason to watch the TV tonight.  It looks like all the players that are selected will be leaked out over the next couple hours.

Doesn't look like Seattle is taking any of the big ticket items.  We thought they were going to be shopping at Harry Rosen.  Instead they are shopping at Walmart looking for deals.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

They could also be going after Eichel with all that extra cap space.

Then a couple big offers to Hamilton and Rask …

I wonder how differently things would have worked out had goalies like Price, Rask and guys like Weber weren't all injured and expected to miss significant time. It's going to be a wild ride for the next few weeks that's for sure...

16 minutes ago, RWJC said:

David Pagnotta
@TheFourthPeriod
·
5m
Halfway there #SeaKraken :

D: Mark Giordano, Adam Larsson, Jamie Oleksiak, Cale Fleury, Vince Dunn

G: Chris Driedger, Vitek Vanecek, Joey Daccord

F: Jared McCann, Kole Lind, Jordan Eberle, Brandon Tanev, Mason Appleton, Joonas Donskoi, Carsen Twarynski, Calle Jarnkork

Well they already have a better defense than us lol.

1 minute ago, High and Inside said:

Big mistake losing Lind. Every time he gets his first taste at a higher level he has sucked whether that’s is junior, AHL and the NHL. Once he gets comfortable he is pretty effective. JB should of made a deal to get Seattle to eat a contract. 

This could still happen.  We won't know until later today.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So basically there is no reason to watch the TV tonight.  It looks like all the players that are selected will be leaked out over the next couple hours.

Doesn't look like Seattle is taking any of the big ticket items.  We thought they were going to be shopping at Harry Rosen.  Instead they are shopping at Walmart looking for deals.

I think it's a miss by the NHL.

If I bought a commercial during the show I'd be pissed.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1