The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It wasn't clear at all. Maybe King Heffy likes Green and you hate Green. Maybe you like Green and King Heffy hates Green. Maybe you both like or hate Green. That statement could be used with ALL of those scenarios.

This leaves the rest of your quote which made it seem like you hate Green.

They both hate Green.

9 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Development for years… Eklund is quite possible better already. 
The real window starts in a couple of years when Hughes and Petey get warm.

Stress isn’t good. 

Go watch Arizona for a long time, I’m sure they’ll resign LE ,  you can buy his jersey.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I am at a loss to understand why ARZ made this trade. It had to be financial as OEL was a longer contract. Even so one would think that they could have crafted a better deal during the season. OEL had to waive his NTC so maybe their options weren't there considering his desire for Vancouver. 

Whatever ARZ reasons this trade has to possibly go into the books on the same scale as Quinn's deal to bring Ronning, Momesso, Dirk and Courtnall to the Canucks. That's a big ask considering the St. Louis deal took the Canucks to the SC Finals in '94. 

Perhaps some terrible scouting?

9 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Development for years… Eklund is quite possible better already. 
The real window starts in a couple of years when Hughes and Petey get warm.

Stress isn’t good. 

Have you watched Garland play? He will infuriate the opposition on most night, he’s right in the action, he has the playoff stare, and he’ll score BIG timely goals.

I hope you’re not debating whether this trade shouldn’t have happened.

Shedding that many useless millions and converting deadweight pieces into a rugged T6F and a bonafide 1D is nothing short of genius handling of assets.

I am at a loss to understand why ARZ made this trade. It had to be financial as OEL was a longer contract. Even so one would think that they could have crafted a better deal during the season. OEL had to waive his NTC so maybe their options weren't there considering his desire for Vancouver. 

Whatever ARZ reasons this trade has to possibly go into the books on the same scale as Quinn's deal to bring Ronning, Momesso, Dirk and Courtnall to the Canucks. That's a big ask considering the St. Louis deal took the Canucks to the SC Finals in '94. 

Arizona didn't have a 1st round draft pick due to the scouting incident that lost them a couple of 1st round draft picks. They did this trade so they could get back in the 1st round along with getting rid of, what could be thought of as baggage for them in a sub-performing OEL.

Because the players they got from us all only have a year left, they could afford doing such a trade. OEL being a long term 7mil cap hit risk would have lowered the value coming to us.

So effectively, we get some cap relief and a couple of players we wanted. Arizona gets a 1st round pick and rid of a long term cap issue.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Have you watched Garland play? He will infuriate the opposition on most night, he’s right in the action, he has the playoff stare, and he’ll score BIG timely goals.

I hope you’re not debating whether this trade shouldn’t have happened.

Shedding that many useless millions and converting deadweight pieces into a rugged T6F and a bonafide 1D is nothing short of genius handling of assets.

I don’t like the feel of Benning feels rushed as the real window opens in a few years. 
Now we’ll have a cap squeese coming instead of a steady influx of elc-players.

But it was a good trade though. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Not even the Flames are worth watching so why would I bother with the Coyotes?

Tanev and Marky was two player I liked very much.

So why are you here?.. and why watch the Canucks?

all you do is gripe?

Tanev was a Pizza Joint with a thin and crispy crust.. open 24 hrs.

Markstrom is turning into a Whiffle Ball without Ian Clarke.

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I don’t like the feel of Benning feels rushed as the real window opens in a few years. 
Now we’ll have a cap squeese coming instead of a steady influx of elc-players.

But it was a good trade though. 

We just got through our cap Squeeze.

we’re good for 3 years.

Just now, SilentSam said:

all you do is gripe?

Petey should be enough as answer… The Alien on the team and a damn fine Timrå player.

Remember that, Benning isn’t close on my top 50-list with the Canucks. 

It seems to me they viewed OEL as a quickly declining asset. His point totals certainly reflected this, and they were on the hook for 6 years of an AAV of over 8m. This presumably lasts well into when they feel they will be able to make a resurgence, and I imagine they just didn't want that on the books. Best to try to trade him now while they still can, and while they are not going to be a playoff team anyway. After this season, all those one year contracts the acquired are off the books. 1 year of pain to offload 5 years of further pain. In that context, it makes some sense.

In my opinion, they didn't feel like OEL could make a comeback to play even remotely to his salary, and that risk is what forced them to throw Garland into the trade as well to make it happen. He too was up for a renewal, and would have further cost them dollars while they were rebuilding. And while I don't think they would have minded that TOO much, it doesn't exactly fit with the way they've set things up, whereby of the 18 of the 25 players listed on Capfriendly are either UFA or RFA. Looks to me like they are trying to keep costs down as low as possible while they are in (perpetual?) rebuild mode. 

15 minutes ago, Me_ said:

They both hate Green.

This isn't true

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Guy has a serious depression problem.

Needs to move where it’s sunny.

I live in Toronto - the center of the universe.  I'm quite happy :) 

On that note, it's pretty depressing to shadow somebody's posts, report them for everything you don't agree with, quote them on every little thing they say, etc. like you seem to do with my posts.  Just an observation..

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

This isn't true

On that note, it's pretty depressing to shadow somebody's posts, report them for everything you don't agree with, quote them on every little thing they say, etc. like you seem to do with my posts.  Just an observation..

I don’t report.

That means others also have a serious problem with your negative Bull crap.

Your passive aggressive narcissistic tendencies are aggravating. 

Edited by Me_
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

all you do is gripe?

And… I don’t get it. You like Benning, Uticas coaches and players fighting instead of playing hockey.

This is the three major beefs I have with other fans here.

I might question your interest in the Canucks when these three things are the ones you like about the Canucks. 

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

posters come here to write nasty things about our young players, so it's time we equal the storyline.  This is the Canuck's home site after all.

Alf posts the truth about Chychrun.  He's a minus 3, and on his way to a Green Jacket.  

Ok bud

After reading this I felt the collective IQ of cdc drop even further than the already critical low it’s been at for years.

10 minutes ago, kloubek said:

It seems to me they viewed OEL as a quickly declining asset. His point totals certainly reflected this, and they were on the hook for 6 years of an AAV of over 8m. This presumably lasts well into when they feel they will be able to make a resurgence, and I imagine they just didn't want that on the books. Best to try to trade him now while they still can, and while they are not going to be a playoff team anyway. After this season, all those one year contracts the acquired are off the books. 1 year of pain to offload 5 years of further pain. In that context, it makes some sense.

In my opinion, they didn't feel like OEL could make a comeback to play even remotely to his salary, and that risk is what forced them to throw Garland into the trade as well to make it happen. He too was up for a renewal, and would have further cost them dollars while they were rebuilding. And while I don't think they would have minded that TOO much, it doesn't exactly fit with the way they've set things up, whereby of the 18 of the 25 players listed on Capfriendly are either UFA or RFA. Looks to me like they are trying to keep costs down as low as possible while they are in (perpetual?) rebuild mode. 

Easy to see how OEL probably lost a lot of motivation in Arizona… 

and being with us is a bit more invigorating.

10 minutes ago, AV. said:

This isn't true

It's not your opinions that make people "hate". From what I've observed, it's your demeanour. You have an arrogance about you and this very post I quoted shows that arrogance.

I don't expect you to care about this (although I challenge you to surprise me in caring), but since you seem to think it's about your opinions, I want to point out that it's not as I've seen others be very effective in expressing their opinions againt Green or Benning without creating as much controversy. Social skills can be learned afterall but arrogance WILL impeed social skills. ;)

Edited by The Lock

I know it’s early… but this trade looks like an easy win.  

Garland is going to be an invaluable piece moving forward.  

OEL looks like a top pairing/all situation D… sustainable? Not sure, but becoming more of a believer by the game!

7 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

And… I don’t get it. You like Benning, Uticas coaches and players fighting instead of playing hockey.

This is the three major beefs I have with other fans here.

I might question your interest in the Canucks when these three things are the ones you like about the Canucks. 

I’m not a promoter of fighting, quite the opposite,. I clearly see the day that when you remove the gloves, your out for the game.

Yes, I think Benning inherited a heavily depleted team after Gillis..   it’s been time and a lot of moves to keep all progressing positively, and it is.

It just unfortunate when you get a player like LE, and some others,. Who feel that after putting in a lengthy period with a single team,

they can sit back or sit on they’re pile of money and bonuses and not contribute.

oh,.  And I think LE was a terrible mentor that way..   speaking the same language..  does not require a 6m annual payout.

Sure,.  Benning signed him,.  But in the end it’s player who should hold the responsibility, and be accountable for his game..

especially now that he’s playing for another team.

Drawing from Utica, keeps the relationship with some players from the farm.

The talent pool has to be given opportunity,

They all struggle.. the game evolves.