The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Boston has offer on the table for Canucks backup Braden Holtby

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I saw him playing well,.  Our Defence on the other hand.

Count all the beans and add them up, there is a difference between playing well or not in a position so highly affected by another positions errors.

Oh i agree. Canucks as a team sucked hard last year. I wouldnt say any of them had a “good year”, but i wouldnt blame holtby for his stats. 

Its a pretty big stretch to say a sub .900 save %, 3.00 + gaa season is a good one for any goalie is what i am saying. 

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I really like Dillon but damn, another LD? Jim better have a couple of RD lined up in FA or trades.

have to think this is the focus moving forward. 

Especially since free agency begins Wednesday. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Did you see the mistakes, and unforced errors our Dfence made last season?

Jeebus. .889 and 3.67, if thats the bar you set for a “good season” , we might as well trade demko for pics and cap relief as well as holtby, and run with dipietro and silovs. 

Edited by MystifyNCrucify

45 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I think people are too hard on him. He got hung out to dry most nights he played for us. Tough to succeed in that environment. 

Man if people think Holtby got hung out to dry most nights, and it was all by the Canucks shotty defence and not his fault, and we give him a pass for his .889 save percentage then what does that say about Demko with his .915 save percentage. Surely he would of had a .950 save percentage on any other team with a half decent defence and be up for the vezina ?!

Edited by TmanVan
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Oh i agree. Canucks as a team sucked hard last year. I wouldnt say any of them had a “good year”, but i wouldnt blame holtby for his stats. 

Its a pretty big stretch to say a sub .900 save %, 3.00 + gaa season is a good one for any goalie is what i am saying. 

and I was watching him play,.  His athleticism and 2nd responses were good ..  Clarke did ignite his game again..   I didn’t see a fading goalie,.  I saw a goalie under a lot of pressure where simple outlet plays were dead give sways, and blind passes not clearing our own zone.

I get the % numbers,.  But watching a goalie go into “save the game” mode is just upsetting and unfortunate.

Benning might be able to do well on a return for Holtby..  nothing wrong with that.

Just wonder what our move for backup would be?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TmanVan said:

Man if people think Holtby got hung out to dry most nights, and it was all by the Canucks shotty defence and not his fault, and we give him a pass for his .889 save percentage then what does that say about Demko with his .915 save percentage. Surely he would of had a .950 save percentage on any other team with a half decent defence and be up for the vezina ?!

That could very well be,   Hopefully when all is said and done, Baumgartner is done too.

Bieksa seemed to know his apples from oranges,.  Team him up with a good college D Coach and the seas might part.

Remember the series against Vegas where Demko hap the Knights shut down/ frustrated,.

perhaps the best is yet to come.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

and I was watching him play,.  His athleticism and 2nd responses were good ..  Clarke did ignite his game again..   I didn’t see a fading goalie,.  I saw a goalie under a lot of pressure where simple outlet plays were dead give sways, and blind passes not clearing our own zone.

I get the % numbers,.  But watching a goalie go into “save the game” mode is just upsetting and unfortunate.

Benning might be able to do well on a return for Holtby..  nothing wrong with that.

Just wonder what our move for backup would be?

Who’s available in the market? 

14 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Marchands face looks like if you touched it, your hand would come back slimy and smell funny for a week. 

Like an old cheese smell. Sour milk. Something like that. 

I think you are correct in that assumption…

image.jpeg.37cf30fcaf13e64dc0f849ba9916d0a9.jpeg

This is what actually sent Kucherov to LTIR.

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 2