The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

13 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

It’s BSN, they hate Vancouver. 

I meant TSN.

meh.

he couldn't possibly choose his Leafs - who lost Andersen (2 x 4.5) and added Mrazek (3 x 3.8) and did little else....

so he had to choose the team with the most ex-Leafs lol.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You able to make a coherent argument without posting that trash?  The game is played on the ice, not on some analytics dweeb's spreadsheet.

I wonder if there's a team that invests the most heavily in analytics and how to properly use those analytics out of any team in the NHL, and who has recently won back to back cups. Hmm.

Edited by awalk
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, awalk said:

I wonder if there's a team that invests the most heavily in analytics and how to properly use those analytics out of any team in the NHL, and who has recently won back to back cups. Hmm.

And yet the teams that are turned fully over to the analytics clowns, like Toronto and Arizona are awful.  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

And yet the teams that are turned fully over to the analytics clowns, like Toronto and Arizona are awful.  

The key is knowing when and where to apply it and not just taking it as the full source of truth. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure why Benning is so in love with giving depth players term in free agency but it is what it is.

Don't love this deal but willing to reserve judgement. If he and Rathbone can find chemistry on the 3rd pair it'll look good.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

Fair.  While I don't want him having the final say, he's seemed to work better under Benning.  

Was just a dumb joke anyway. But yes I agree, our scouting has improved significantly under JB

15 minutes ago, awalk said:

Is Julien Briesbois a jfresh patreon? 

Im just poking fun but the lightening obviously use their own analytics… just like Canucks have their own department as well.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Is Julien Briesbois a jfresh patreon? 

Im just poking fun but the lightening obviously use their own analytics… just like Canucks have their own department as well.

Hahah yeah. I guess I was just pointing out the value of analytics and the best team in the world right now invests heavily.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

How big is this guy?

We’ll find out, but going back to his college vitals, UND listed him at 6’4” and 217 lbs during his junior season.

Colleges have been known to tweak the heights a little high (rounding up mostly), but usually the weights are pretty accurate.

I’d expect he’s at least 6’3” and most likely 6’4”, and in the 215-220 lbs range.

I mean, back when he played USHL with Omaha, he was listed at 6’3” and 194 lbs. I doubt he’s shrunk since 2014, so probably the Elite Prospects numbers (6’4” 216 lbs) are closest to accurate for him these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

wouldn't have been right in Vancouver if there weren't a single player for the polarizing whinge crew to dwell and derp upon.

my apologies up front to Tucker Poolman - you're coming to a market that just literally lost every whipping boy option they had....

Eriksson

Edler

Roussel

Virtanen

Holtby

Beagle

All they had left is a $1million Sutter.....and the last Jet they thought was a '3rd pairing' D.

don't take it personally - they've got nothing left to work with.   they'll find a new fixation soon enough.

36 pages and counting. Looks like whinge crew found their whipping boy.

• Cheers 1

This signing was for market price, Poolman will be a good bottom pairing Dman for us. 2 million is what he is probably worth if it wasn't free agency. I thinks its a fairly good signing as long as there is enough in the bank to sign Hughes and Petey to long term deals. If there is not enough cap to go around and we sign a bridge deal with either of them, then I hate this deal.