The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Brad Hunt

Brad Hunt has agreed to terms on a one-year contract valued at $800,000. Hunt, 32, appeared in 12 games with the Minnesota Wild last season, scoring one goal and recording four penalty minutes. Throughout the past three seasons spent with the Wild, he has collected 25 points (12-13-25) and 16 penalty minutes.

The Maple Ridge, BC native has played in 191 career NHL games between the Edmonton Oilers, St. Louis Blues, Nashville Predators, Vegas Golden Knights and Minnesota Wild accumulating 59 points (19-40-59) and 28 penalty minutes.

The 5'9", 177-pound defenceman has also played 287 AHL games with the Chicago Wolves, Oklahoma City Barons and Bakersfield Condors, recording 209 points (57-152-209) and 106 penalty minutes.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-sign-dowling-hunt--keeper-to-one-way-deals/c-325848944

He was also a former Chicago Wolve from 2011-2013 when the Canucks were affiliated with that organization.

He played along the likes of former Canucks Jordan Schroeder, Zack Kassian, Chris Tanev, and Eddie Lack.

Should Rathbone make the main roster, Hunt will be the primary PP guy for Abbotsford

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

He was also a former Chicago Wolve from 2011-2013 when the Canucks were affiliated with that organization.

He played along the likes of former Canucks Jordan Schroeder, Zack Kassian, Chris Tanev, and Eddie Lack.

Should Rathbone make the main roster, Hunt will be the primary PP guy for Abbotsford

I was wondering if he was the same guy.

I seem to recall watching him play in the prospects tourney a number of years back.

• Cheers 2

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

I was wondering if he was the same guy.

I seem to recall watching him play in the prospects tourney a number of years back.

I do believe he attended Canucks prospect camp/Penticton Tourney in 2011 along with Antoine Roussel. So I think you are correct.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Haha, my brother played hockey with this guy in Peewee, his dad was the coach.  That team also produced another fringe NHLer.

Good for Brad signing with his hometown team.  Must be pretty awesome.  He'll be great depth in Abby who can be called up and actually play NHL games.  He played 59 games for the Wild in 2019-2020.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1