The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane accused of betting on Sharks games

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

No you are missing the point and obviously don’t get it, she’s losing her home, her child is losing her home, her unborn son is losing his home due to the actions of a man who seemingly could not care less. She is doing all the work raising his children, she has every right to use whatever effing medium she feels is most effective. 

They are losing their home while he parties in Europe, yah and she’s the terrible one for calling him out. And as far as her sounding like a teenager, she’s not far off being one, and yet still having to take care of two children by herself. 

I've already acknowledged the context and her plight. Instead of re-stating the obvious, I am critiquing how she is PRESENTING the message.

If her situation is DESPERATE, does she have to write snide messages like this? It's OBVIOUS to me that there's more to the story.

E7qOHckWEAUNsU0?format=jpg&name=large

"Don't post old pictures like your home or like your with her. Everyone knows the type of person you are."

Also, 14 weeks ago (~4 months ago, she posted this on her IG story). This isn't about character assassination. This is about UNDERSTANDING the full story.  At no point am I saying Kane should be excused for anything she is saying. If she's really as starving as she said, would she be doing this?

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17872723460375486/?hl=en

Then look at these stories - she's incredibly vindictive in her messages, IMHO:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/a.kane_/2630036831464262390/?hl=en

This one stuck out to me
, in particular

image.png.9284d66e75b05e006dd311bc353b6e65.png

:rolleyes:@Aladeen

I'll repeat again: there's MORE TO THE STORY.

Edited by Dazzle

11 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

She’s pissed off, rightfully so, snide remarks about a man who would leave his family while their own home life is uncertain is pretty tame man. You just don’t approve of her methodology? Well so what? that is a drop in an ocean compared to what EK has done to bring her to this point. 

There is always more to every story, but I’ve heard and seen enough of EK’s character to not need every single detail to know who the ultimate villain is in this story.

Don't get me wrong here. EK doesn't get a free pass for anything she said, if true. He is just as responsible for his actions/inactions as she is though.

So now you're saying that she can be snide/vindictive while being "desperate"? Being vindictive on IG is a luxury that poor people don't generally have. .

Realize that there's two people, and only ONE person is narrating the 'story'.

Edited by Dazzle

2 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

But honestly Kane is 30 years old and acting like a high schooler.

If what his wife is calling him out on is true then what an embarrassment of a man if you can even call him a man.

The same can be said about his wife. I think BOTH people have their issues. They're toxic.

Untitled.png

5 hours ago, Podz19 said:

How much impact can Kane even have? Look at his stats, he's certainly not been tanking it, doesn't pass the sniff test for me. That being said, if someone is going to tank it, a goalie I can see as he has the ability to determine the outcome of a game on his own. Also, the refs they have the ability to change the game as they see fit, if anyone is going to threaten and bribe a player or participant to throw games, it would be to use the refs or a goalie.

Well he can be an impact kind of player on teams, so if there was a game he was playing and say if they lost and the pay out was great, well maybe he decided not try and score that game, make some bad passes, maybe dump the puck more instead of trying to carry the puck for a scoring opportunity, there are many little things a person could do to make it harder for their team to win that one game. He easily could come back the following game and score a couple goals and everyone would forget about his previous game, and no one would think he was trying to play poorly on purpose. Look at Pete Rose the guy was the leader in hits, he has more hits than any player to ever play in the MLB, you can try and argue the same thing look at his stats he wasn't tanking, but he was gambling on his team and was banned from baseball for it. Anything is possible sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Don't get me wrong here. EK doesn't get a free pass for anything she said, if true. He is just as responsible for his actions/inactions as she is though.

So now you're saying that she can be snide/vindictive while being "desperate"? Being vindictive on IG is a luxury that poor people don't generally have. .

Realize that there's two people, and only ONE person is narrating the 'story'.

What'cha talkin'bout Dazzle! Erik Karlsson is SICK & TIRED of being on rebuildin' teams. Have some compassion, darnitall!

Oh waaaaitttt..you mean that Evander guy!

HAHAHA!!! Suck it you LOWLY diving Snarks! Back to the early 1990's for you, & buy out HALF your flippin' team too!

• Haha 2

A lot of dirt comes to light this offseason.

I hope it brings something for the future, to future players, because it is obviuos that not every kid can handle the situation of being rich and famous over night.

I don't know, but maybe every Pro Team in Sport should have not only Physicial Coaches but also a Life Coach for the Players.

• Cheers 1

“It’s nice to be important—but it’s more important to be nice.”

In 2007 “The Roger Federer Story: Quest for Perfection” by Rene Stauffer stated the following about the tennis phenom:

Roger Federer was still a teenager and just emerging as an up-and-coming player when I first heard him utter the sentence that would become his life’s motto—“It’s nice to be important—but it’s more important to be nice.” I once ran across these words of wisdom in a book by philanthropist Robert Dedman, an American, who started his career as a dishwasher and succeeded in becoming a successful millionaire building resorts and private clubs.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I think floyd mayweather used to bet on his own fights too

Boxers are allowed to bet on a win in their own fights. They’re not allowed to bet against themselves, for obvious reasons.

• Cheers 1

FWIW, I can confirm his European vacation since I was sitting next to him on the fight from Vancouver to Frankfurt about 12 days ago. I don't think that in itself is wrong, it just validates one small part of her post. He was making out with some woman like a teenager at a high school party the whole flight. Definitely gives off major douche bag vibes. 

Couple things here - first off I don't know that this conversation would be as pointed as it is if it wasn't about Evander who has a reputation as someone who doesn't care and had issues with teammates and overall has made some poor decisions. Second - of course his wife is being vindictive. Relationship is in trouble - losing their house etc and her husband is off in Europe vacationing. While I don't agree with her method of "outing" her husbands addiction issues I don't fault her - for Christ sakes we had a President use Twitter to run a government and pass policies in the past. Welcome to the 21st Century folks. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well he can be an impact kind of player on teams, so if there was a game he was playing and say if they lost and the pay out was great, well maybe he decided not try and score that game, make some bad passes, maybe dump the puck more instead of trying to carry the puck for a scoring opportunity, there are many little things a person could do to make it harder for their team to win that one game. He easily could come back the following game and score a couple goals and everyone would forget about his previous game, and no one would think he was trying to play poorly on purpose. Look at Pete Rose the guy was the leader in hits, he has more hits than any player to ever play in the MLB, you can try and argue the same thing look at his stats he wasn't tanking, but he was gambling on his team and was banned from baseball for it. Anything is possible sometimes. 

Also pretty sure you can bet on everything in a game these days - like colour of laces in skates etc lol. With games like Props etc a player could make some money off his own play in ways that may not show up on a boxscore sheet. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1