The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane accused of betting on Sharks games

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Of course the investigation (by the league) won’t drag on.  The league want this whole situation gone.  They will do their best to find nothing, and fast.  They need to be careful though, because Kane could very well owe substantial sums of money to people who don’t report these kinds of things, and who definitely don’t take kindly to not getting their money back.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Of course the investigation (by the league) won’t drag on.  The league want this whole situation gone.  They will do their best to find nothing, and fast.  They need to be careful though, because Kane could very well owe substantial sums of money to people who don’t report these kinds of things, and who definitely don’t take kindly to not getting their money back.  

Good take: this will be fast tracked, to avoid stirring the.pot too much.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good take: this will be fast tracked, to avoid stirring the.pot too much.

I’m sure the league, through their lawyers, has already threatened the wife about her making any further public comments.  It’s a bloody awful situation.  And Kane is the cause.  

• Cheers 2

On 7/31/2021 at 6:32 PM, Podz19 said:

Sure, but his wife clearly has an axe to grind and probably legitimate because her emails sound like he's a real douche....but it can be just that, an accusation to screw up his life more than he already has on his own, and for payback for his lack of responsibility for his kids. Ie "you're not paying for your kids but paying for your partying, well I am going to make your life miserable by taking away your paychecks." 

And again, if you look at his stats, they are pretty darn good. If you're going to tank it, you probably aren't scoring almost a ppg, getting into alot of fights, and hitting as much as him, you coast all around. Again, doesn't pass the sniff test to me when you look at his numbers, and the fact his wife, clearly has an axe to grind (and likley for legitimate reasons).

Regardless of the truth, which will be hard to prove anyways, he sounds like an immature douche and who's got alot of problems. As a side note, I remember seeing him at a game in vancouver when he was with the Jets, and this was when so many wanted him on the Canucks.

It was the third period, 1:20 to go, timeout by Winnipeg, they were down 1 goal. He skates the bench the coach is drawing up a play, and we were behind the Jets so I could see him really well. He looks up in the crowd, clearly makes eye contact with one of his buddies, grins, and knods, like what's up boys, we're going to the roxy. That moment told me everything I needed to know about him. Your team is in a playoff race, down 1 and you're looking in the crowd for where the party's at. Dude is low character and so much keeps coming out to show it. That being said, this is an allegation and we should wait to see what the proof is first before vilifying someone.

Not sure what your point is, or why you quoted me

Are you saying you saw Kane look disinterested 6 years ago in a Winnipeg game against the Canucks?

if so, I believe you, but do not see that as news or relavtant to this situation

My post was theoretical

How I see it possible that Kane, or another player could affect the game

we are talking about a player betting on, than throwing a game

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Fully disagree.

If we pause our bias on Kane, we have to look at the other side. There has been A LOT of smokescreen because of the gender bias favouring Kane's wife.  Make no mistake, Kane's reputation is indefensible. That is not my point with this. What I'm trying to say is that the wife has been making these allegations on social media in a very sensationalist way.

On one post, she talked about him abandoning the daughter. In another post, she jeered at Kane's gambling. To me , there is more to the story.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Guys jumping to conclusions in favour of the women are simps. Generalizations are stupid, like this one.

this generalization isn't stupid. there isn't a case where concluding that "she's a crazy broad" isn't a meathead thing to do. 

that's not to say women are always right or can't be unhinged, which would be an entirely different thing to claim.  

1 hour ago, tas said:

this generalization isn't stupid. there isn't a case where concluding that "she's a crazy broad" isn't a meathead thing to do. 

that's not to say women are always right or can't be unhinged, which would be an entirely different thing to claim.  

But the statement that she is a crazy broad is not inconsistent with the statement that women aren't always right.

Honestly, there is (or was) enough to suggest that Kane's wife was crazy. Look at her messages honestly, and you might come to the realization that there's two sides of a story, maybe even more.

This position that I'm describing does not in any way validate Kane because he has his issues.

21 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I’m not able to read this as it’s behind a paywall but I’ll post this headline.

47D3ABE6-DB95-413A-B632-14C7D602F66F.jpeg

There's nothing new in that article. It just expands briefly on the headline, and summarizes his financial/legal troubles.

It's crazy how good of a hockey player Evander is, and yet how many reasons you wouldn't want him on your team.

Edited by D-Money
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Dazzle said:

But the statement that she is a crazy broad is not inconsistent with the statement that women aren't always right.

Honestly, there is (or was) enough to suggest that Kane's wife was crazy. Look at her messages honestly, and you might come to the realization that there's two sides of a story, maybe even more.

This position that I'm describing does not in any way validate Kane because he has his issues.

Being frustrated and angry doesn't make a person crazy ffs. There are, in fact, 3 sides to every story; his side, her side, and somewhere in the middle is the truth of it all. You're fighting so hard to position her as crazy, yet we only have the ONE instance of her lashing out on social media. Maybe t all just finally came to a boiling point and she had enough? Can you actually show us a consistent propensity of her acting "crazy"?

I mean, way earlier you stated something about her wanting attention or something like that? She has what? A whole 6 posts on her Instagram? That doesn't strike me as an attention grabber. 

I feel like you're reaching hard to reinforce a preconceived narrative in your mind. I've seen how living in that kind of environment effects people, and that fact she kept quiet as long as she did is impressive in my mind. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Drewman said:

Being frustrated and angry doesn't make a person crazy ffs. There are, in fact, 3 sides to every story; his side, her side, and somewhere in the middle is the truth of it all. You're fighting so hard to position her as crazy, yet we only have the ONE instance of her lashing out on social media. Maybe t all just finally came to a boiling point and she had enough? Can you actually show us a consistent propensity of her acting "crazy"?

I mean, way earlier you stated something about her wanting attention or something like that? She has what? A whole 6 posts on her Instagram? That doesn't strike me as an attention grabber. 

I feel like you're reaching hard to reinforce a preconceived narrative in your mind. I've seen how living in that kind of environment effects people, and that fact she kept quiet as long as she did is impressive in my mind. 

Did you even read my message?

I said there are two sides, maybe more. Maybe it's just me, but I see your bias because you are completely glossing over the types of messages she wrote to Kane on IG. She was very vindictive, which is quite different in my mind as frustrated.

Her messages were akin to revenge. She took them down because they're honestly not a good look. They were super unprofessional.

Edited by Dazzle

On 7/31/2021 at 7:30 PM, bigbadcanucks said:

Note to Throw the Game Kane: Good luck with the mobsters, you freakin' low life.  We'll be reading about you in the obits.  Doubt there is going to be a celebration of life for you.

Really? Where does this vitriol come from? Truly a messed up post.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/1/2021 at 8:40 AM, McBackup said:

He could kill someone on live tv and people would want him here because we have a weird obsession with bringing every single BC boy back to the Canucks, even if they couldn't help the team in anyway.

This. Im glad you mention this. I hate how most of the people here fall in love with BC hockey players just because they are born here. I personally don't give a s*** about where you are from as long as you can play hockey. But most people on this forum just want homers like Virtanen and Evander Kane :sick:

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

Man this guy is cancer. Where ever he goes, his teammates hate him.

I wonder exactly what Kane does to make his teammates hate him so much?  First Winnipeg, then Buffalo, and now SJS.  Yes, off ice he’s obviously bad news, but what’s he doing in the room that is rubbing other guys the wrong way?  Or is it his off ice stuff that gets guys hating him?  He gambles; he’s a terrible husband and father; and he’s an idiot.  All off ice stuff.  On the ice he is quite a good player, who fights for his teammates.  So in the room there must be some really serious sh*t happening with him.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

I’m not able to read this as it’s behind a paywall but I’ll post this headline.

47D3ABE6-DB95-413A-B632-14C7D602F66F.jpeg

This will help….

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2190400

Several of Evander Kane's San Jose Sharksteammates would prefer he didn't play for the club in 2021-22, reports The Athletic's Kevin Kurz.

The Sharks reportedly tried to trade Kane earlier this offseason, and his uneasy relationship with a number of his teammates was a major reason why, Kurz adds.

The NHL is investigating Kane after his wife, Anna, said Saturday on Instagram that he threw games to support his gambling addiction. Kane denied the allegations Sunday. The league's probe is reportedlyexpected to be completed by training camp in September.

Kane is under contract with the Sharks through 2024-25. The seven-year pact he inked with San Jose in 2018 carries a $7-million cap hit, according to CapFriendly. Kane is owed another $26 million in total salary over the life of the deal.

The 12-year veteran has a modified no-trade clause as part of that pact. It allows him to submit a list of just three teams to which he can be dealt.

Kane filed for bankruptcy in January. While the Sharks had the option to void his contract in the proceedings, they chose not to do so in March. Kane said in May that the bankruptcy filing was a "weight off" his back.

The winger, who turned 30 on Monday, collected a career-high 0.88 points per game in 2021. He notched 22 goals and 27 assists while playing all 56 contests.

Kane has been a Shark for three full seasons and the final 17 games of 2017-18, the latter of which he played after the Buffalo Sabres traded him to San Jose.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder exactly what Kane does to make his teammates hate him so much?  First Winnipeg, then Buffalo, and now SJS.  Yes, off ice he’s obviously bad news, but what’s he doing in the room that is rubbing other guys the wrong way?  Or is it his off ice stuff that gets guys hating him?  He gambles; he’s a terrible husband and father; and he’s an idiot.  All off ice stuff.  On the ice he is quite a good player, who fights for his teammates.  So in the room there must be some really serious sh*t happening with him.  

I think he just annoys the f out if his teammates based on his character. Rubs folks the wrong way. Not just his off ice shenanigans but the way he just carries himself. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1