The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Evander Kane accused of betting on Sharks games

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, Dazzle said:

The way she posts it up too strikes me as immature/attention grabbing. Of course, this IN NO WAY absolves Kane of anything that she's accusing. What she's doing is pretty unprofessional and it comes across loudly in her posts.

...I mean, I could only imagine the kind of woman Kane married...kinda fits the bill no?

In no means does that allow him to be a douche to her and their kids. But reading her posts online I agree. She's tossing dirt the best she can and trying to get some action out of it. At the same time tho, who knows how long she has been trying to get the attention brought up and maybe no one is listening? The NHL always seems to keep this stuff quiet and behind the scenes.

Look at Chicago and all the other situations. They have been under wraps for years! Actually really shameful. But it does jive with the NHL's way of doing business. Even the concussion stuff took so long to come out, and they are still fighting those issues in court. 

I definitely want to give her the benefit of the doubt that she went through proper channels first before going on Twitter and firing away...but I wouldn't be surprised if that was her first and only step taken was to just post and fire on twitter, because it seems to be the way to do things these days...

Overall what a mess and even if half of it's true Kane is such a dirt bag!! 

How many times does this guy get in the news in his Career? 4th OA pick that has had an alright career. But man everywhere he has been, trouble seems to have found him. Clearly he is the trouble. Gives other Vancouverites a bad name. Grow up or stay a POS and be out of the league Evander.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

15 hours ago, Dazzle said:

It's nothing new. Basketball is NOTORIOUS for gambling. They specifically have numerous ref scandals involving them betting in games that they can control. We just haven't discovered it yet in hockey.

Even more worrisome was in basketball refs were found to be gambling on games they were officiating.  Earning millions as a player and having those earnings directly tied to performance is some deterrent to cheating.  Grinding away as a ref or linesman leaves a lot more motivation for earning money on the side.

The NHL surely doesn’t want to really dig very deeply into this because they don’t want to find anything.  

They can make an example of Kane with a lot of bluster and public statements (if there is even any slight evidence the allegations are true)…. Then just let it drop and hope nothing else ever comes to light.

Single game betting is coming and they need to get some good regulatory oversight in place.  Hockey scores are tight enough that one player or official can actually impact the outcome of the game really easily

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

8 hours ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

A bit off-topic here, but given that Mayweather has never lost, I guess he bet that he would win? If you are betting for you or your team to win, should that be banned?

I guess opening that can of worms and allowing that then risks the opposite and throwing games. 

• Like 1

he's probably telling the truth, he probably hasn't gambled on hockey and she probably is just trying to publicly ruin his life.

that said, it takes an absolute moron to get himself into this situation, and it couldn't be more fitting that he chose that type of gal to start a family with. drama-addicted narcissists attract drama-addicted narcissists. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, sonoman said:

And some still want this azzhat on the Canucks.   

He could kill someone on live tv and people would want him here because we have a weird obsession with bringing every single BC boy back to the Canucks, even if they couldn't help the team in anyway.

• Wat 1

9 minutes ago, tas said:

he's probably telling the truth, he probably hasn't gambled on hockey and she probably is just trying to publicly ruin his life.

that said, it takes an absolute moron to get himself into this situation, and it couldn't be more fitting that he chose that type of gal to start a family with. drama-addicted narcissists attract drama-addicted narcissists. 

Never been through a divorce, I gather?

When the emotions get strong, even seemingly normal and level-headed people can do some crazy stuff to try to get back at the other.

When I first heard there was allegations, I was concerned that they were true. But now the source, I'm less inclined to believe them.

Edited by D-Money
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm picturing Jersey Shore dramatics, are you?

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

And this same tweet shows that Evander holds no moral high ground in this public fight, either.

I didn't mean to imply that at all. I didn't suggest EK was in the right or wrong. I'm just saying that believing one story over the other is fallacious.

It seems clear that both sides have their issues. I am not favouring one over the other. Just look at how the wife is writing her messages. It's purely vindictive in nature. Suddenly it went from him abandoning the baby to 'exposing' his laundry about gambling, all the while writing snide comments?

Something doesn't add up.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, tas said:

Thank you! I believe they're both narcissistic in their own ways.

Their relationship was bound to fail because of their character defects.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

She dissed him, he dissed her.

Somewhere in between is the truth, or maybe both are completely true.

He could be a deadbeat dad with a gambling problem and she could be mentally unwell.

I feel like you'd have to be mentally unwell to latch onto a wannabe high roller dirtbag like kane. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I don't even know if it is a thing or not, but the thought of it being a possibility definitely lingers in the back of my mind sometimes, especially when you see some of the payouts that can happen when a team who's supposed to easily beat a certain team just doesn't for some reason.... I tend to think outside the box sometimes and keep an open mind on all possibilities, and this one definitely has been something I've thought about the last couple years.

Maybe not so much gambling as such but Auger didn’t last long after Burrowsgate. 

• Cheers 2