The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson uncertain about future with Canucks ( article)

Rate this topic

cuporbust

I don’t see this as a bad thing ( his comments )

He wants to win as do all the other players. Problem is some of the moves by Canucks brass the last few years have been counter to that objective as seen in some of the results.

We as fans can scream as loud as we want and Canucks brass won’t change who they sign or any staff to meet that demand. Pety on the other hand …. They will listen

He did not say he doesn’t want to be here. What he said is clear that he wants to be a Canucks but also on a winning team that competes regularly.  Happy to see Pety making “make  and keep the Canucks contenders” part of his negotiations.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I think top players who want to win will take team friendly deals.  

I'm not talking about players that can get 10 ml per year playing for 2, I'm talking about a  player that can get ten playing for 8.  

If they can't do that I think maybe there's a contradiction there. 

We will see where Pete's contract comes out but I don't see a concern in that article. 

When is 8 ml a year not enough ? 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

working for free for JP Barry. 

No kidding. This fan base has player agents and our tabloid quality journalists living rent free in a good portion of their heads. To their own detriment.

I just don't get how so many can't see the blatantly obvious farce :blink:

• Cheers 2

He wouldve had an easier time with negotiations if he wasnt so injury prone this could go on for his entire career how can a player have the upperhand when he was out most of last season doesnt make sense at all and say no to a 2-3 yr deal gotta lock him up 5+ years at this point 

• Cheers 1

Such a clickbait title. He said what pretty much every player in the league would say. What maroon would say I'm okay with losing. A deal will be done, I don't even spend a second worrying otherwise. If you do then smoke a joint and relax.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1