The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Jason Dickinson

2 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Yep but read last off season and people had him on the scrap heap and Rafferty in the show. Yet when anyone pointed out it’s likely the be the other way due to the development curve for Rathbone and his ability to read the game at an elite level people scoffed.

Who liked Rafferty? 

18 hours ago, Googlie said:

I hope fans won't be too upset if Green sticks with Pearson and Bo. ... there is just so much chemistry with them both together .... and if Garland is added they'll need Pearsons bigger body on that line

Plus, everyone is excited about the prospect of Hoagie and Podz playing on the same line, and Dickinson seems like a good energy fit (although I wouldn't put it past Green to double shift Petey on occasion and put him between these two.  They'll fish out the pucks for him to bury.

But I don't see Gadjovich beating out Highmore - the latter just has too much speed and energy to not be on the 4th line 

Good times are ahead!!!

:towel:

Highmore will be the cost effective replacement when Motte prices himself out of Vancouver with his consistently high quality play.  It’s actually really prudent planning by management.

14 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Or you could, you know, just keep him to help win a Stanley Cup. If you want to get rid of him, tell me at what point does a high performance player cross the line from valued and key member of the team to surefire trade commodity? The point is not winning to make players more attractive in trade; the point is in the actual winning. And you don't trade away players who are going to help you win, you trade them when the window has closed. Miller is helping hold the window open right now, so why change it?

Yeah, and we certainly cannot make that type of decision with our window just opening unless Podkolzin comes in and lights it up the entire year.  If that were to happen, and that’s a big if afaic, then perhaps management could pursue a trade if the returns looked near horizon ready which could extend our Cup window from 3-5 years to 5-8 years.

12 hours ago, aznmonk said:

Lol I just hope that his next slogan is " this time I had time but ran out of cap space" 

And yours should be “I don’t really have any bright ideas to write about, so I’ll make up some s h I t, maybe it’ll stick”

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Who liked Rafferty? 

Take a look in the trade and proposal threads and the general off season comments from last off season there was quite a lot 

A lot of the benning haters also seemed to prefer rafferty over Rathbone 

Edited by UKNuck96
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, IBatch said:

Lol... the comments quoted in Swedish and made into a spin cycle by the CDC you mean?  Or has he been talking again , but this time in English and said he won't sign long term because he doesn't like OEL or something ... or is it Hogs?  Maybe because the Sedins joined the org again? probably doesn't like it when he's not the only big dog Swede on the team i guess.    JB has done everything he can to make the team competitive now.   I'm sure he knows he's not going to TB in three years.   I'm sure he knows IF we traded him he'd be going to ARI or a team like that because they'd be the only ones that could afford his contract.   And more then anything, money talks .... i'm sure he knows when he's a UFA, the only teams that can afford him will be at best up and coming ones like ours - and that this contract is more about money then anything too - it almost always is with these guys.   JB has enough money to sign him long term right now. 

That's a bit of a big leap with thoughts there.  Seems pretty simple to me.  His comments were that he wants to play on a competitive team.  Things are looking good right now but who can say how competitive the Canucks will be in 7-8 years or even 5?  My guess is that his comments signalled that he's not necessarily wanting to sign long-term to the extent of giving many unrestricted years away.  He's probably pushing for a duration until unrestricted and JB probably wants a shorter or longer contract.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you're hoping for a lot. 

I think the hit it out of the park piece is justified tho, given the acquisition cost of getting a player like this that we really needed, and not overpaying either. 

Maybe just a gold star on the fridge if not a home run. 

Why not just a gold fridge?

Image result for picture of a gold star on the fridge

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Millerdraft said:

Highmore will be the cost effective replacement when Motte prices himself out of Vancouver with his consistently high quality play.  It’s actually really prudent planning by management.

And perhaps Lockwood and then Costmar after that...?;)

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, MattJVD said:

Great Britian, of course. I hear they'll be making a big push at the 2022 worlds.

Don’t knock - we made the top tier for the last one and are still in the championship division, had a higher scoring efficiency than Canada and had a player in the top to points scorers (6th) 

We also have a winter Olympic gold medal once (albeit back in the 40s)

In 1990 we were in the bottom group of the World championships, in 2017 we got promoted and again in 2018 to make the championship tier. All but one of our players plays in the UK we have no stars and I believe non of the current roster has played in the NHL or KHL, how the hell we managed to get to the championship tier is nothing short of miraculous 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1