The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Jason Dickinson

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

yeah he's has to be a regular next season, our division got some heavies, I want Gadjovich to get some look as welll. 

yes always remember when big 6'4 Forbert went after Hoglander? No MacEwen in lineup? 

Nobody went after Forbert, lacked team toughness great example of why you need toughness..MacEwen went after Forbert next game..

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Miller to MTL for their 2nd 2022, 1st 2023 unprotected. @Warhippy

Jokes aside I made an error. It's a pretty good thing when you can leave a top 6 player off your depth chart and it still looks like a playoff team on paper. 

Garland Bo Pearson

Hog Dicky Pod 

Jumble the wingers around any way you like thats a good middle 6.

I am game for moving Miller in June for top prospect and 1st rounder late as it will be a top 15 team wanting him..

Miller will be 29 years old next summer will 1 year left on his contract.

Time to move Miller in June, get back a 1st rounder and very good prospect under 24..

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Plus Vancouver's defense is actually NHL quality.  Edmonton has nothing after Nurse.  I'd be surprised to see the Soilers make the playoffs; Seattle is likely the other team from the division that makes it.  LA is better than Edmonton too.

41 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I actually think the Coilers might win the division as they seem to be built as a dominant regular season team - but I also see them being knocked out again in the 1st round as they did nothing to address the issues that plagued them in the playoffs

I agree I think Oilers are built for the regular season especially because they have a 140-150 point player in McDavid he can dominate weak teams in the regular season on his own. The Playoffs are a different story there are no weak teams and strong teams can limit McDavid 

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

I agree I think Oilers are built for the regular season especially because they have a 140-150 point player in McDavid he can dominate weak teams in the regular season on his own. The Playoffs are a different story there are no weak teams and strong teams can limit McDavid 

McD is good but if you’re a one trick pony eventually it ain’t gonna fly,they need a supportive D cast that they don’t have

16 minutes ago, wildcam said:

yes always remember when big 6'4 Forbert went after Hoglander? No MacEwen in lineup? 

Nobody went after Forbert, lacked team toughness great example of why you need toughness..MacEwen went after Forbert next game..

The whole team mobbed Forbert, but there was less than a minute to go in the game. If anyone had dropped the gloves they would have gotten an automatic suspension.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

another lower signing than the capfriendly predicted contract. Bennings on a roll

I think what this is telling us is that players are excited about coming and playing in Vancouver.  The key core players are all in their early 20's, and if a player has aspirations about winning a cup (or multiple cups), Vancouver is now very attractive!!  

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Last year the Canucks paid 4.375m & 3m for their 3rd & 4th line centers. This year they've improved both positions and are paying 2.65 & 1.125 respectively. Let's gooo

It’s almost as if management knew that when this new drafted core was ready for “go-time” that they would reallocate the dollars to the commensurate salary cap structure that resembles such a decision.  Go figure!

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

This might be the most questionable signing for cap hit vs production this off season, but he's under wraps and should bring something worth watching to the team by all accounts

I'll leave my actual opinion out of it all until I see him play a full season or so because I don't know enough about him to really complain or celebrate this.

This might be the most mature viewpoint CDC has ever had. Cheers, mate!

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pretty much what I expected.  And the 3 year term works perfectly with other expiring contracts to give us lots of cap space to re-sign our star players.

Rumour has it Petey and Huggy are next...  

Maybe as soon as Monday...  :)

What Is Taking So Long GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

All the comparable that were talked about for an arbitration were between $2.25-2.75 so this is right in the range.  Three years is a good term, long enough that we can see some benefit if he outplays his contract and we have him locked in a little while… not so long that we are tied to him.

I really hope this guy works out, the difference it would make to our team will be drastic.  Just like Kesler exploded when Malhotra came in, we need the same dynamic.  Horvat has had to play every situation and that takes away from focussing on one.  If Dickenson/Pearson and Sutter/Motte can play effective PK duos and be able to take checking duties and keep the opponents’ better lines to a draw… then Horvat’s line should be deadly against lesser competition and have career offensive years.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

All the comparable that were talked about for an arbitration were between $2.25-2.75 so this is right in the range.  Three years is a good term, long enough that we can see some benefit if he outplays his contract and we have him locked in a little while… not so long that we are tied to him.

I really hope this guy works out, the difference it would make to our team will be drastic.  Just like Kesler exploded when Malhotra came in, we need the same dynamic.  Horvat has had to play every situation and that takes away from focussing on one.  If Dickenson/Pearson and Sutter/Motte can play effective PK duos and be able to take checking duties and keep the opponents’ better lines to a draw… then Horvat’s line should be deadly against lesser competition and have career offensive years.

If Podkolzin is on Dickinson's line, I could see them being one of the PK duos, with Sutter/Motte as the first over the boards.  That leaves Pearson with Miller, who PK'd together pretty much all last season, as the 3rd unit

I think that Green, much as he has ridden Hughes hard, will likewise play Podz in every situation.

The net result, ofc, as you say, is that Bo will be fresh and could well have a career high with the infusion of Garland on his line

I like really like our additions up front this summer. I’m actually eqally excited about Dickinson as I am about Garland.

He was excited about coming here and said that he is hoping for a chance to prove he can also contribute more offensively if given a chance. I’m really looking forward to seeing what he can do besides the just the defensive part of his game.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2