The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Artem Anisimov with Avalanche

Just now, gurn said:

Did he say that?

Well... not exactly... but did you hear him say he'll continue to explore the FA/trade market?? our cap space is tigher than a frog's ass now trying to fit in both Petey and Hughes... MAYBE if lucky we'll end up with a cap space of $900k???

• Wat 1

Anisimov would have been a nice addition.  He could have even played on a 3rd line with Podkolzin and we could move Dickinson to the 4th line if Sutter is injured.  Or Dickinson could play on the wing.  I think we still need another centre as I am not convinced Sutter can stay healthy the entire year and we don't have anyone capable in the AHL.

51 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Well... not exactly... but did you hear him say he'll continue to explore the FA/trade market?? our cap space is tigher than a frog's ass now trying to fit in both Petey and Hughes... MAYBE if lucky we'll end up with a cap space of $900k???

Hmmm, how did you figure that out? :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Damn, would have liked to give him a shot here.

It’s just a PTO.

If reports are that Anisimov looks good at the Avs’ camp, and we’re looking to add some depth, we could still offer him a deal.

Generally speaking, most GMs won’t stand in the way of a veteran player on a PTO getting signed by another team. If Vancouver was interested, and Colorado wasn’t immediately ready to offer up a contract themselves, they’d probably just release Anisimov and let him sign with the Canucks.

Like back in 2010 when the Canucks had Brendan Morrison on a PTO at camp, but released him and he was signed by the Flames the very next day.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

PTO's don't cost any cap space.

And if they sign an actual contract for near league minimum, it's just shuffling $ deck chairs. You waive a +/-$800-$900k player and add the mystery UFA. Net zero change on the cap.

So maybe stop making stuff up.

• Cheers 3

17 hours ago, JM_ said:

yeah me too, would have been fine with Richadson as well but he's chosen the crapscape known as Calgary. 

If we tried to sign more former Canucks maybe they'd be more willing to come here. Right now Calgary has a monopoly on former Canucks. Jim Benning always getting out GM'd.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Sucks that JB won't consider any more additions even on PTO's until we have extended Hughes & Petey.... I feel like our 3rd/4th line can still use some help!

I figure that if we leave Miller as 1LW (as expected) then our 3rd/4th looks like:

Pearson Dickinson Podkolzin/Hoglander 

Motte Sutter Highmore/Macewen/Bailey

And if Sutter or Dickinson go down then Miller can move to C.

I don’t actually see how he would have helped.

3 hours ago, nzan said:

I figure that if we leave Miller as 1LW (as expected) then our 3rd/4th looks like:

Pearson Dickinson Podkolzin/Hoglander 

Motte Sutter Highmore/Macewen/Bailey

And if Sutter or Dickinson go down then Miller can move to C.

I don’t actually see how he would have helped.

Pearson/Hoglander, Anisimov, Podkolzin

Dickinson, Sutter, Motte

Edited by aGENT

13 hours ago, aGENT said:

PTO's don't cost any cap space.

And if they sign an actual contract for near league minimum, it's just shuffling $ deck chairs. You waive a +/-$800-$900k player and add the mystery UFA. Net zero change on the cap.

So maybe stop making stuff up.

Me?? making stuff up?? you can do the easy math too right?

PTO's rarely work out....  and the last time we signed one up was Jack Skille even though we had a better guy in Tuomo Ruutu.

so...... are you saying JB should be able to bring in DECENT players like Gusev, Donato, Galchenyuk, Eric Staal before the start of the season at league minimum and shuffle down Highmore/Di Giuseppe/Dowling?? BRAVO!!!!!!