The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Which AMERICAN player in their CANUCKS prime are you taking?

Rate this topic

Elias Pettersson

Which AMERICAN player in their CANUCKS prime are you taking?  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lots of good options, but I think Kesler wins this one. Schneider was very good in his prime and Demko I think has been as high as a top 10 goalie. Boeser and Miller (both Millers) have both had strong seasons and Hughes was IMO a top 10 D in the NHL in his rookie year. Kesler winning the Selke trumps all that though, I'd say.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, We Are All Cucks said:

Funny thing is that we have an insane crop of potentials currently playing for us on this list. Any of Hughes, Miller, Demko, or Boeser could easily end up being the best ever American in their prime, playing for the Canucks.

The above said, they haven't reached it yet, and as for now, it's an easy answer. Kes was best.

Bureshear gets an honorable mention from me.

I honestly have dibs on Demko.  I think he will establish himself as a top 3 goalie in the league this year (if he stays healthy).  Demko was lights out in the bubble and was starting to play at that level again before the Covid outbreak last season.

I think Kesler at his prime is a more valuable player than any on the list 

However, he really only had 3 years of his full potential before his body started to break down. It's a shame that he couldn't build off of the 2009-2012 years and be that perennial Selkie winner like Bergeron or Toews

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Lots of good options, but I think Kesler wins this one. Schneider was very good in his prime and Demko I think has been as high as a top 10 goalie. Boeser and Miller (both Millers) have both had strong seasons and Hughes was IMO a top 10 D in the NHL in his rookie year. Kesler winning the Selke trumps all that though, I'd say.

Demko is predicted to be a top ten goalie by some.   But hasn't made any lists yet.   Schneider did.   I remember when Boucher set an all-time record of five shutouts in a row,  and PHI thought they'd finally got a goalie like Parent again (and they had Hextal too)...never happened.   I'm cautiously optimistic.  So far Schneider did more.   Also not too long ago - a no name goalie in OTT won his first 22ish games coming into the NHL and now is gone.   Demko at least comes with a small pedigree unlike that guy who i can't even remember lol..Kesler wins this by a mile right now.   

• Cheers 1