The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

On 9/7/2021 at 2:48 PM, gurn said:

I'd rather trade Hughes than dole out $8 mill per, for any length of deal.

Ya trade the most talented defenseman the canucks have literally ever had because he might be overpaid by a couple million. 

Incredibly smart. Thank God you aren't making decisions 

Edited by cdgraham

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Nah, don't flatter me. It's kind of normal for those who understand psychology. 

No no, I think you deserve all the credit in the world. Not many people understand psychology like you do.

I would dare not say I can read into Petey's mind but you! So much confidence in yourself to claim that you know exactly what Petey is thinking.

I admire your understanding of psychology and that confidence in your abilities. Bravo.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If I was JB today, in a sudden fit of rage I would trade away Petey and Quinn, and then trade away anybody else represented by the used car salesmen from CAA.  

I hope to god our other players don't switch agents to these weasels. 

Luckily I'm not JB ;)

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If I was JB today, in a sudden fit of rage I would trade away Petey and Quinn, and then trade away anybody else represented by the used car salesmen from CAA.  

Luckily I'm not JB ;)

Good thing you're not the GM.  No patience at all.  Probably 1/3 of the current/future players would be unavailable to us too with CAA being pretty much the biggest player agency.

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

Good thing you're not the GM.  No patience at all.  Probably 1/3 of the current/future players would be unavailable to us too with CAA being pretty much the biggest player agency.

It's not patience, it's the fact that CAA extorts teams and messes up a team's cap worst then an offer sheet would. 

I can guarantee that a team who has 1/3 of their players represented by CAA is not even sniffing a cup. 

26 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It's not patience, it's the fact that CAA extorts teams and messes up a team's cap worst then an offer sheet would. 

I can guarantee that a team who has 1/3 of their players represented by CAA is not even sniffing a cup. 

That's what the agents are paid to do.  Get the best deal possible for their clients.  If players didn't want that, they'd just represent themselves.

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Luckily I'm not JB ;)

We don’t have to go that far, but I wouldn’t  be adverse to him saying that if the players aren’t in training camp on day 1 they won’t be playing this year.

Go see how much they can make in the SHL or KHL.

The players need to drive the boat a little and tell their agents to get a deal done.

Hughes has no options and Petterson can sign an offer sheet if he wants, but the teams with cap space to make him an offer we don’t want to match aren’t likely going to be ones that are closer to winning than us.  

Edited by Provost

The comparables are right there for Petey it shouldn’t take this long.

If he wants a 3 year bridge then Barzal is the comparable (3x7-7.5)

If he wants a 5 year then Aho is the comparable (5x8.4-8.9)

If his agent is waiting for Tkachuk and Kaprizov as comparables he’s wasting his time. Neither are good examples as Kaprizov has leverage and is older and Tkachuk is a winger who is in a different tier.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The comparables are right there for Petey it shouldn’t take this long.

If he wants a 3 year bridge then Barzal is the comparable (3x7-7.5)

If he wants a 5 year then Aho is the comparable (5x8.4-8.9)

If his agent is waiting for Tkachuk and Kaprizov as comparables he’s wasting his time. Neither are good examples as Kaprizov has leverage and is older and Tkachuk is a winger who is in a different tier.

i honestly think benning is trying to lowball him for the 3 year bridge.. there's no way they'll give him a 5 year contract with just 1 year of UFA in there and then he can walk. 

benning prolly look for a 3 year x 6-6.5 EP prolly want something like 4 or 5x 8-8.5 or 3 year at 7-7.5

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, cdgraham said:

Ya trade the most talented defenseman the canucks have literally ever had because he might be overpaid by a couple million. 

Incredibly smart. Thank God you aren't making decisions 

that's a pretty big

Stretch Armstrong 90S GIF

Edited by stawns