The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT - Preseason] Calgary @ Vancouver Monday, Sept. 27/21 7:00 PM Abbotsford Centre

Rate this topic

-DLC-

38 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Hey! Don’t diss Abbotsford.

And, isn’t it known as the berry-basket of British Columbia? 

I would never do that!  I love Abby.  That's where i get all my flies (live ones !!!) for fly fishing. I just drive thru town, roll down the windows and voila.   Free Bait!

• Haha 2

Some observations:

- I can do without Chiasson. Good player, but redundant once you account for the other players.

- I'm liking Dowling as 13th forward or 4C while Sutter is out. Defensive responsible and has a motor.

- if Gadj is sent down and clears waivers, I'm hoping he continues to lineup with Wouters and Lockwood. They're line has been very effective at maintaining puck possession. Also, Gadj's skating has improved tremendously. No longer chasing the play, but rather applying hard pressure.

- The big guns are taking it easy tonight, but OEL is throwing his weight around. Shades of another 23 circa 2011?

- Poolman is looking stable. Looking forward to seeing how he does against tougher competition. 

- Podz is alot more dynamic than I thought. Clearly nervous, but liking his play in limited minutes so far.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's been fine hasn't he? Haven't noticed him much, but that's often a good thing for D

He had the one sequence that ended with him blowing a tire going for a loose puck behind the net and the Flames with some possession but other than that I thought it’s been pretty ho hum for Juolevi, which is a good thing like you say. He’s snapped off a couple real nice breakout passes too. 

• Cheers 1