The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 05, 2021 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet One

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, KILLER said:

It's important to remember the kraken paid $650 million for these guys. It buys a good team but not a cup contender. The Golden knights are an outlier. 

they could have had a decent team tbh but they decided to go cheap and not take any risk

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

Honestly we’ve been playing well from what I’ve seen… just missing some finish.  Considering the lineup it makes sense though I’m a bit surprised Bo or OEL doesn’t have one on the PP yet. 

The Hog has been close too, can’t wait for next week ::D especially after seeing the quinn/ pete interview earlier

• Cheers 1

We're getting lots of shots but very few grade A chances. Grubauer is on his game, but sadly Demko isn't tonight. We've had lots of PP's but they haven't looked like scoring, that's why we need Chaisson in the lineup. He does one thing that nobody else seems to want to do - get in front of the goalie and block his sight lines, right now PG's stopping everything he sees.

11 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree.  So far, this years team looks no better than last year but of course its only pre season and alot of our vets arenot playing together.  Fingers crossed and I'm still optimistic we'll be better than last year.

Green needs to play all our regulars in the next 2 games. We need a good start and the team needs to be ready. This preseason just shows us there is not really anyone in the bubble standing out to make this team. Lockwood has been good, but players like Dowling, Focht, Dries etc. are just going to be sent back and havent shown anything. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I think Brad Shaw has his work cut out for him trying to clean up our attrocious PK that was left to rot under Brown.   Undoing all the bad habits that Brown brainwashed our poor defenceman to learn will take some time.   Hopefully by somewhere around mid-season we'll start to see things turn around a bit on the PK.  Next out the door will likely be Bumgardener.   I know he's "Green's boy" but wow, how did he manage to keep his job after the last few years is beyond anyones imagination.   

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

We're getting lots of shots but very few grade A chances. Grubauer is on his game, but sadly Demko isn't tonight. We've had lots of PP's but they haven't looked like scoring, that's why we need Chaisson in the lineup. He does one thing that nobody else seems to want to do - get in front of the goalie and block his sight lines, right now PG's stopping everything he sees.

We are getting shots but look who is shooting.Its not pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Garland or Hughes. Seattle forward and D is regular NHL vets, some are pretty good too like Vince Dunn, Giordano and Eberle etc.

14 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Schooled twice in a row by Seattle.

Hmm. Ya that's Canuck hockey.

It’s called the “rope-a-dope”! Right?

The shock ‘n’ awe surprise will be deployed during the regular season. 

(Oh, hockey-gods - please make it so & not just a wishful delusion!) 

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

The Hog has been close too, can’t wait for next week ::D especially after seeing the quinn/ pete interview earlier

He’s looked electric in the pre season… no sophomore slump so far.  We’re going to attack in waves once we deploy at (close to) full strength. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What a difference when Podkolzin is being aggressive. Good on Green for pushing him.

The patience and the hands are showing well tonight.

Ya it would be nice to see him rewarded on the pp in a meaningless game. I don’t understand why he wouldn’t want to see what he’s got to contribute on the pp.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I think Brad Shaw has his work cut out for him trying to clean up our attrocious PK that was left to rot under Brown.   Undoing all the bad habits that Brown brainwashed our poor defenceman to learn will take some time.   Hopefully by somewhere around mid-season we'll start to see things turn around a bit on the PK.  Next out the door will likely be Bumgardener.   I know he's "Green's boy" but wow, how did he manage to keep his job after the last few years is beyond anyones imagination.   

baumer was the main person i wanted gone

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

We lose, no biggie. It’s enough that OEL looks godly on our back end and Travis Greens “little chat” with Podkolzin clearly loosened the shackles the kid was playing with previously. The score can be explained by Grubauer outplaying Demko.

And finishing. Lot of shots in the chesty.