The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 29 players - Oct. 06, 2021

43 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

How in holy hell do you classify Petan, Highmore, and Chiasson as quality?

I don't have too. Thats the Coaches job. I don't have the background he does. Management knew the risks they were taking by putting Gadj on waivers. Aren't Petan and Chiasson on PTO anyway? They are place holders for injured players. 

3 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

This one definitely hurts. Damn. 

I do feel like people who feel they know better than the professional coaches who spend every day with these players are mistaking opinion for expertise, but we took a risk here and lost. 

This is the problem though. This was a dumb risk to take and Green has seemingly helped showcase players for other teams to claim.

Gadj has had a fantastic preseason - and we lost him for no reason. Why the hell are we keeping Macewen?

And what's hilarious about this? Green isn't going to play Macewen anyway, so this is seemingly Green managing how his doghouse works.

Sick of this.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Green should be fired if this happens, honestly. The Gadj blunder should honestly be a red strike for Green.

He should be fired for this blunder as far as I'm concerned.  Keeping a grossly incompetent assistant coach after what happened last season should have put him on very thin ice.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He should be fired for this blunder as far as I'm concerned.  Keeping a grossly incompetent assistant coach after what happened last season should have put him on very thin ice.

I supposed Green was given a tight leash with the hiring of Shaw. I just don't understand why the Canucks bothered to extend Green when he ends up repeating the same results almost every year.

How does Gadj go down before Macewen? Lmfao. Macewen has had a disappointing preseason and he could've been waived before Gadj. Like holy $&!#, Green.

This happens every year. A couple of plugs show up for camp and the coach falls in love with them and they end up doing nothing for the team. Meanwhile the players that the Canucks draft and develop get pushed to the side because of poor management. 

12 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I haven’t seen this much butthurt over a waiver claim since Frankie Corrado. Boy, that sure came back to bite us, huh?

Completely different situations.

Corrado we actually had no room for and he was better suited for the AHL at the time.

We have plenty of room for Gadjovich with Sutter and Motte out and the underwhelming crop of bottom 6ers trying to make the team.

Even if he only had a small chance of being a player for us I take that chance every time over gifting a spot to a career AHLer who will be gone next season. One of these times it’s gonna come back to but us.

Best of luck Gadjovich! I believe you came to camp this year quicker than last year but when you only got 5min of ice and 1 game to end last year...to me the writing was on the wall with coach Green and you, he was never gonna give you a chance.

Hope Gadj scores against us if he sticks with the Sharks...karma is a Bitch!