The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sharks claim Jonah Gadjovich off waivers

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I'm not overly happy that Gadjovich got claimed but not overly upset either by it.

I remember when I got really upset when we lossed Frankie Corrado but largely became inconsequential in the long run. I love Gads but this isn't the end of the world.

Corrado was a 7 dman at most.

Just now, Crimson said:

I don't get the outrage.  People should be happy that we aren't penciling him in as our second line winger...

Whether he played in the NHL this year isn’t so much an issue. He would have been a fan fave in Abby and a team leader. Stupid move.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

I don’t know why we waived him yesterday and not wait until the beginning of the season.  So much less likely he would get claimed.  This makes me question whether Green or Benning had a convo with Gadj saying that he won’t make our roster but wanted him to play in the NHL so they waived him early

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Whether he played in the NHL this year isn’t so much an issue. He would have been a fan fave in Abby and a team leader. Stupid move.

How could he have been a fan fave in Abby without clearing waivers first?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I hope someone in the media asks them wth they were thinking 

Absolutely

They arent doing their jobs if they dont ask this question.

They want to sell papers clicks all the time by creating issues out of nothing.  This one is actually an issue so they should do their jobs

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1