The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 12 players - Oct. 07, 2021

I could see the Canucks potentially exploring claiming someone like Steven Santini or Nathan Walker from STL.

They were in Utica last season due St Louis' AHL team folding for the season for covid, they were both big parts of the team last season for the Comets, so Ryan Johnson and Trent Cull would be very familiar with these two players.

Considering we lost Jonah Gadjovich and with the injury to Brady Keeper I could see either one or both as tangible pieces brought into the fold for the year.

Just wow, Green.

Wow.

Gadj goes on waivers, but Macewen who has shown nothing this preseason is kept for now.

We all know that Macewen is in Green's doghouse and won't play, sooo.

Green? Are you helping the Canucks tank with your poor decisions? :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

8 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Just wow, Green.

Wow.

Gadj goes on waivers, but Macewen who has shown nothing this preseason is kept for now.

Hey ho!

Time for the annual get together for the Green bashing games I see.

I’m sure Green is the sole decision maker in a room of one. Because that’s how it works.

Some love to hate. 

You’re that guy, Guy.

Keep it up and you’ll get a medal.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

15 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

Too bad our GM is an idiot. He doesn't like keeping assets and getting free ones

Hey ho!

Another Benning bashing post! Who knew no one would miss those.

That idiot GM got rid of LE, Beagle, Roussel, acquired OEL, Garland and Dickinson, drafted 1W Boeser, 1C Pettersson, 1D Hughes, and soon to be 1W Podkolzin, and 2W Höglander, traded for Miller now why don’t you sit down and take a break ah, it’ll do all of us good.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Just wow, Green.

Wow.

What does this have to do with today's waivers?

It's not like there aren't already places to bitch about this.

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

6 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Just wow, Green.

Wow.

I actually like Mac more then Gadj.. He's just a little bit more of a pain in the ass, I can see him being similar to Tom Wilson. 

3 minutes ago, AriGold said:

I actually like Mac more then Gadj.. He's just a little bit more of a pain in the ass, I can see him being similar to Tom Wilson. 

Mac hasn't done much. He's like Virtanen without the controversy. You want mac to show more and he doesn't.

• Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Mac hasn't done much. He's like Virtanen without the controversy. You want mac to show more and he doesn't.

Mac has been given a long enough look and not shown enough. A fringe 4th line player with SIZE has to hit and use his frame to his advantage...Mac just never did it often enough and he should have been waived long before Gadj in my opinion. But I could see this coming from the end of last year with Gadj getting 1 game and net to no playing time under Green.

The coach must go if he isn't going to play your higher draft picks and give them a CHANCE....

Oh well, we shat the bed last year and we kep the GM and Coach, did we really think the coach or GM would change their philosophy!?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Mac got more rope than Gadj because he has 55x more NHL games.  Sure he's a 4th line player but they know what to expect and that gives him credit.  Same with Bailey.

Gadj was in a group of about 6 players playing for  maybe 2 spots and if you can't play special teams then you're on the outside looking in.  Now, I didn't expect a player with basically no NHL experience to be picked up because he would have to be placed on the active roster of another team.  What kind of an idiot would put a player they know only a little bit about, with no NHL experience and slot him into their active roster?  It's Doug Wilson

FWIW I don't think Big Mac makes the team either.  I don't even see him as an early call up.  The Canucks are just way too deep

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Mac got more rope than Gadj because he has 55x more NHL games.  Sure he's a 4th line player but they know what to expect and that gives him credit.  Same with Bailey.

Gadj was in a group of about 6 players playing for  maybe 2 spots and if you can't play special teams then you're on the outside looking in.  Now, I didn't expect a player with basically no NHL experience to be picked up because he would have to be placed on the active roster of another team.  What kind of an idiot would put a player they know only a little bit about, with no NHL experience and slot him into their active roster?  It's Doug Wilson

FWIW I don't think Big Mac makes the team either.  I don't even see him as an early call up.  The Canucks are just way too deep

Ron Francis too. He chose Lind in the expansion draft. :lol:

9 hours ago, Me_ said:

Hey ho!

Another Benning bashing post! Who knew no one would miss those.

That idiot GM got rid of LE, Beagle, Roussel, acquired OEL, Garland and Dickinson, drafted 1W Boeser, 1C Pettersson, 1D Hughes, and soon to be 1W Podkolzin, and 2W Höglander, traded for Miller now why don’t you sit down and take a break ah, it’ll do all of us good.

Didn’t that GM also sign LE, Beagle, and Roussel to those anchor contracts totalling 12 mil that he had to trade a top 10 pick, a 2nd, and take back 6 years of high cap to get rid of 3 guys with 1 year of cap left?

Those contracts that contributed to the cap problems that led to losing Toffoli and Tanev? And having to lowball Tryamkin?

Ya sounds like he made out like a bandit.

• Cheers 2