The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 12 players - Oct. 08, 2021

Sonny Milano could be a longshot Canucks pick up

Former 1st round pick, he played on the US development team with Tyler Motte, was coached for multiple years under Brad Shaw in Columbus, had a 14 goal/55 game campaign with somewhat limited ice time during that time. Put up good stats under Shaw and Torts generally, including 5th in points scored per 60 mins in those years (amongst players who played at least 35 games):

image.thumb.png.046e88b0a15d884515ad4162dd1d8375.png

DOES NOT fill the PK role, but if Chiasson and Petan are being considered, I could see Milano in their realm as well. Doesn't have the size issues of Petan, and is a bit more versatile than Chiasson. Had 23 points in 55 games the years before last, but last year did not play much hockey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Nicolas Meloche for revenge, big smooth skating RD that plays with edge? Not sure if he is better than Bowey tho. 

I remember being super high on this guy going into the 2015 draft. Obviously his career hasn't panned out as expected but I wouldn't hate to see him claimed. Then again if he's just another Bowey there isn't much of a point.

5 minutes ago, McBackup said:

I remember being super high on this guy going into the 2015 draft. Obviously his career hasn't panned out as expected but I wouldn't hate to see him claimed. Then again if he's just another Bowey there isn't much of a point.

Wouldn't be against the claim but at this point I would be a bit surprised if the Canucks claimed a RHD unless it's someone that is a bit of a surprise to find on waivers.  Bowey has played respectably and I would think has higher upside than Meloche.  I thought there might be some interest in McKeown but that ship clearly sailed already.

Personally I'm good if the Canucks decide to give Bowey a shot at 7/8.  He might even work his way into regular play with Hamonic not available.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I feel like we alrwady have a log jam as is. 

Prob best we keep what we have and continue weeding ppl out. 

I hope Juolevi and Bowey make the team on defence. 

At Forwards, depending on Motte and Sutter, we probably need 4.

I would take

Lockwood, Chiasson, Di Giuseppe and Petan. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Sonny Milano could be a longshot Canucks pick up

Former 1st round pick, he played on the US development team with Tyler Motte, was coached for multiple years under Brad Shaw in Columbus, had a 14 goal/55 game campaign with somewhat limited ice time during that time. Put up good stats under Shaw and Torts generally, including 5th in points scored per 60 mins in those years (amongst players who played at least 35 games):

image.thumb.png.046e88b0a15d884515ad4162dd1d8375.png

DOES NOT fill the PK role, but if Chiasson and Petan are being considered, I could see Milano in their realm as well. Doesn't have the size issues of Petan, and is a bit more versatile than Chiasson. Had 23 points in 55 games the years before last, but last year did not play much hockey.

The underrated part of that highlight is Torts' reaction :lol:

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, McBackup said:

He is younger, bigger, and has more snarl than Bowey, but at this point of time I dont know if he is better.