The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Take a page from the Oilers and Kraken.

They had their roster set after a few preseason games.  The rest was to get the lines gelling.  

Also doesn't help that EP and QH held out too long and missed most of training camp.  And Hamonic still out showing the lack of RHD depth. 

:sadno:

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

I haven't said much about Green during his tenure here, but after this pre-season which the roster he has been given... I'm starting to agree with the ones who have said he isn't an NHL coach. 

I was frustrated before but still defended him. 

I'm still in disbelief this is the best he can come up with after training camp and 6 pre season games. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I swear we went 1-5 one year pre season and then started the season with like 10 wins in a row.

My memory may be wrong.

But, with the late EP and Huggy addition saga and a few battle for positions, I'm not too worried.

This is a good squad. 

It should be a good squad, definitely. Put people are frustrated and it's been a bit of an odd preseason. 

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Ahhh, so we're trending towards the walking on a bed of nails opening to the season instead of the firing on all cylinders openings 

Yeah, the signing of Hamonic, Sutter and schenn has blown on Bennings face as he tries to figure out which minor leaguer can replace Hamonic and if Dowling can hold the fort. While we lose Gadjovic which was tough to see. He should have went after Larsson in off season. We still have not replaced Tanev because Benning and people here think he is injury prone. Now he has not been injured for 3 years.

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I mean, it is the coaches job the ensure that the players are playing up to their ability.

And to plop the floaters on a bus to Abbotsford...wait until 4pm or 5pm at least to set out at. Lol