The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Travis Green Thread to end all Travis Green Threads

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

Here's Bruce Boudreaus winning percentage....just a little better wouldn't you say?  A good coach can adapt to his players strengths and weaknesses.  Green is unable to do this.  He belongs in the AHL.  

image.png.989f8479b8e09703a5960f420e6e8404.png

Edited by jbandalo
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

It's been mentioned we have no identity, we do. We are easy to play against. Bieksa mentioned it last year. We aren't physical, we give up our zone easy, we shoot at the goalies crest, our PP doesn't move and is predictable, constant giveaways, fans are quiet, tickets and beer a rip off. 

• Vintage 2

31 minutes ago, jbandalo said:

Here's Bruce Boudreaus winning percentage....just a little better wouldn't you say?  A good coach can adapt to his players strengths and weaknesses.  Green is unable to do this.  He belongs in the AHL.  

image.png.989f8479b8e09703a5960f420e6e8404.png

I listen to Bruce a lot on NHL Network. He is a lot more analytical than he appears. He asks his players what situations they are most comfortable with, who they want to play with and works with it. He seems adaptable to the teams strengths and weaknesses. Green should be coaching the Booster Clubs cheer team. Even then he'd tell them to settle down and then bench the youngest for trying to be to dynamic and creative.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

It's been mentioned we have no identity, we do. We are easy to play against. Bieksa mentioned it last year. We aren't physical, we give up our zone easy, we shoot at the goalies crest, our PP doesn't move and is predictable, constant giveaways, fans are quiet, tickets and beer a rip off. 

Good points. Every team has an identity whether they want it or not. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

fans are quiet, tickets and beer a rip off. 

Gotta disagree with this. Our fans are fine if they have something to cheer for. It's hard to cheer when your teams just phoning it in. Plus the atmosphere at the arena is actually great, everyone is extra friendly and happy just because they're finally able to have a night out at the game again, and there's still plenty of rowdy boys around ready to tell the other team whats up. I'd go to a game if you can even if the on ice product is crap, still a good time. The price of beer is a rip off though.

Edited by Kurgom

7 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

Gotta disagree with this. Our fans are fine if they have something to cheer for. It's hard to cheer when your teams just phoning it in. Plus the atmosphere at the arena is actually great, everyone is extra friendly and happy just because they're finally able to have a night out at the game again, and there's still plenty of rowdy boys around ready to tell the other team whats up. I'd go to a game if you can even if the on ice product is crap, still a good time. The price of beer is a rip off though.

2011 was loud. Our opening night crowd this year, pathetic. But so was the team.

I'm less concerned about the winning percentage than how they're playing.  The bounces, schedules, etc in a couple of games could change the stats quickly.  However, JB has done his job this year.....not for a contender, but for a solid playoff team.  This isn't a situation where some players aren't firing that we could point at.....most of them are not.  The biggest issue is that this team looks disorganized and not moving as a unit.  So it's tough to not point at the coaching.  I'm still going to give Green 10-15 games this season, but that's approaching fast.  Baumer, King and Green should all be concerned right now.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

For now; but he might change his mind and recruit Bieksa ?

Burrows as the coach would be awesome.  Every time someone screws up he could point to the ring of honour and tell them to shut up and listen ::D.  

Joking aside, Juice is fixed as a national host for many years to come if he wants that.  Unless he misses the skates, I'm not seeing him move for a long time.  I sure do miss the superman.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I'd put Corey Hirschs' name as a possible replacemebt cause listening to him doing a version of coaching from the coach - he seems to quickly identify the flaw(s) in the systems being on played the ice...

He's at least more qualified to run the D than Baumer.

Just now, NHL97OneTimer said:

I'm less concerned about the winning percentage than how they're playing.  The bounces, schedules, etc in a couple of games could change the stats quickly.  However, JB has done his job this year.....not for a contender, but for a solid playoff team.  This isn't a situation where some players aren't firing that we could point at.....most of them are not.  The biggest issue is that this team looks disorganized and not moving as a unit.  So it's tough to not point at the coaching.  I'm still going to give Green 10-15 games this season, but that's approaching fast.  Baumer, King and Green should all be concerned right now.  

Yeah, even when they loss it was uninspiring.