The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Travis Green Thread to end all Travis Green Threads

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

16 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I realize that many wanted to see green Terminated before this season started, to allow our young core and new players to be off to a fresh start, but he's back and unfortunately we're seeing the continuation of the results we've seen for many, many years under him.   

Do you think the Players Have Tuned Him Out  - or - are Playing to Get Him Fired - or - are they legitimatly trying to win, yet the systems that green has taught are just Endlessly Failing?

Yes they have tuned on this lousy coach and his failed systems. JB needs to cut the guy lose asap.

Edited by Canuck Luck
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

We have coaches for each aspect of the game, but perhaps the most important coach would be to coach the coach. Hire Babcock and/or Boudreau or others to help Green improve his skills. He is smart and young enough to be adaptable. He seems to need help because it looks like there is not good teamwork and “chemistry” at the moment. Maybe look at top coaches from other sports to provide some help. It does not look likely that Green will be fired since he has just been extended. Getting him help maybe the most we can hope for.

I don't think Green having signed an extension is a good enough reason for keeping him.  If he has lost the room then he needs to go, otherwise things will just get worse.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, goog16 said:

external-czxczontent.duckduckgo.com.jpg

******************* POST OF THE MONTH*******************************

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Should have hired Gerard Gallant before the Rangers scooped him up.

Yeah Gallant was my choice too; and the Rangers are not doing too bad under his tutelage.  Ofcourse, (right now) Jersey at the bottom of the division is in a very familiar spot - got addicted to picking in the top 3 or a draft lottery addict.

Brind"amour ain't doing to bad either - another BC product that wants nothing to do with BC.   He seems to know the roster well and has built a system that has them playing as a team.   

Screenshot_20211029-120243_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8cc968db321f9051821bcc86064dbf8f.jpg

Edited by ShawnAntoski

• Roger Neilsons Towel changed the title to The Official Travis Green thread to end all Travis Green threads (Under construction. Please have patience while Mods merge threads)
  • Roger Neilsons Towel pinned this topic
  • Roger Neilsons Towel changed the title to The Official Travis Green Thread to end all Travis Green Threads (Under construction. Please have patience while Mods merge threads)
14 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Anybody who wants an answer to the OP's question should have been watching the Philly game closely.

At a certain point in the 3rd, you could see Brock Boeser on the bench, who is the most easy going guy in the world and a decent person, muttering to himself after Green said something stupid to him.

So if you think that was a nothing... ok.

I'm in such agreement I'm reposting... I saw this and right away you could tell there's some smoke.. and where there's smoke.. there's FIRE'D

• Haha 2

• Roger Neilsons Towel changed the title to The Travis Green Thread to end all Travis Green Threads
2 hours ago, whcanuck said:

I think we’re definitely not as talented as the upper echelon teams in the league, but this team is definitely playing below its capabilities. I keep hearing the criticism that they’re not playing like a team and that the instruction and direction is being laid out by the coaches, but it’s not being followed by the players.
I once read in a book about Herb Brooks that a coach is essentially a salesman, hence the commonly used phrase of “buying in” by the players. Travis Green might be preaching the message, but if it isn’t being followed, then rightly or wrongly, it’s the coach’s responsibility. You have to find a way to understand and connect with your players. The Canucks roster has its flaws but their issues are almost 100% psychological.

We need to move up from Sports Psychologist to Sports Psychiatrist.

Notice how every season Greens go to defensive guys get injured…

Injuries are already piling up this season with Dickinson, Dowling, Highmore, and Poolman and we’re only 8 games in.

Thats what happens when you constantly let the other team dictate the play and are going back into your own end to get the puck twice as often.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for combining all these Green threads! 

I haven't felt really strongly about firing Green or Benning over the last couple years like many have been. But since the conversation continues to come up and with the bad start this year it makes sense to discuss it.

This question is for everyone who wants to fire Green then, who is the replacement? I know there have been comments about Shaw as a temp option as they look for someone else. Who are the top candidates people want to replace Green with? 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Thanks for combining all these Green threads! 

I haven't felt really strongly about firing Green or Benning over the last couple years like many have been. But since the conversation continues to come up and with the bad start this year it makes sense to discuss it.

This question is for everyone who wants to fire Green then, who is the replacement? I know there have been comments about Shaw as a temp option as they look for someone else. Who are the top candidates people want to replace Green with? 

Most of the candidates worth hiring are already working (obviously since the season has already started).  I'm not sure recycling old coaches is the way to go either (granted, neither is a rookie NHL head coach imho).

6 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

Green is an AHL level coach. It’s time to move on, he can take baumer with him as well. Not sure if Shaw is capable of being a head coach but I’d definitely keep him around as an assistant.

I've this in other threads and I'll say it here.

IT'S NOT GREEN THAT'S GOTTA GO.