The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Olli Juolevi to Panthers for Juho Lammikko, Noah Juulsen

image.png.17a7a3d8840fa0bc82f83dab8e2a4d00.png

Would the Panthers be motivated enough looking to save 1.75? million in cap for a straight across trade?

If we shed OJ's 875 and TH's 1.25?  thats close to Rad's 2 yrs at 2.5 mil.

We'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Cat Man

11 minutes ago, ken kaniff said:

Hamonic WAS a heck of a player. There’s a reason he was a PTO last year because nobody wanted the bum.

IIRC we couldn't sign him until the season started for cap reasons, so for all we know the deal might have been agreed in advance and the PTO was just to be able for him to join the team before the season started.

• Cheers 3

Just now, -AJ- said:

I've never liked losing guys, but I do have a feeling that unlike last off-season, Benning is letting the right guys go, for the most part.

Even if we get very little for Juolevi, it's probably the right decision. I don't feel like he's going to become anything more than a 5/6 guy at best now. His development has just been too slow.

Haters will point out that we traded a #5 pick for a late rounder (if that's what the return is), but I'm just happy we have a GM who doesn't suffer from sunk cost fallacy and can sell when he needs to.

Agree whole heartedly. I think this pick was a miss and get called a hater for it. But at the end of the day a top 5 should be there(injuries aside) he’s had what? 2-3 seasons to try and make it. It’s better that we get something for him rather than keeping him as a 7th or 8th Dman in fear of losing him on waivers.

If you look at Fox, 3rd rd in the same draft as Joulevi... he’s already won a Norris trophy. So I’m optimistic that even if we can get a 3rd or 4th rd pick for him, there’s a chance we can turn it into gold. 

5 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Also remember OJ video game addiction, showing up late to practices cuz he was playing video games.

There's no evidence that was Juolevi, people just jumped to the conclusion it was and attacked him over it. Marek, the guy who broke the story, even came out and said he wasn't gonna go around confirming or denying each accusation, but it wasn't Juolevi.

• Cheers 3