The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Toughness need not apply

Rate this topic

AlbertanNuckfan

Look when Wilson tried for break Buchnevich’s neck last year then proceeded to choke slam Panarin. I’m sure the nhl has changed and will prevent and/or punish guys in the future that purposely try to injure top 20 forwards in the NHL. No need to have protection for small stars in a league with such a good reputation of protecting it’s star players.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, AlbertanNuckfan said:

1st it was Gadjovich to get claimed by the sharks,  now it's Zakk MacEwen by the flyers....  not sure about anyone else but I'm starting to get pissed off.  WTF  is going on?  No the sky is not falling but what ever we have for star players are going to be. There is already very little respect for our team in general bease of the lack of muscle on our team and we just got softer....  any 1 watch the Nucks and coilers the other night in Edm.  Mac did pretty good against Kassian and now he's gone. Any 1 else getting pissed off by these moves.  

Definitely annoyed. 

I hate having the only tough guy our 7th dman. Even if he's in the lineup it sucks going down to 5 dmen in a game, we already saw that with Guddy. 

1 hour ago, AlbertanNuckfan said:

1st it was Gadjovich to get claimed by the sharks,  now it's Zakk MacEwen by the flyers....  not sure about anyone else but I'm starting to get pissed off.  WTF  is going on?  No the sky is not falling but what ever we have for star players are going to be. There is already very little respect for our team in general bease of the lack of muscle on our team and we just got softer....  any 1 watch the Nucks and coilers the other night in Edm.  Mac did pretty good against Kassian and now he's gone. Any 1 else getting pissed off by these moves.  

We are now officially the softest team in the league. Our stars will get run without any retaliation which will lead to injuries. Bring in a knuckle dragger who can play certain games and limited minutes or its going to be a very long season.

• Like 2

Mac was a fringe fourth liner who didn't show much of anything at the NHL level besides fighting, he didn't produce complimentary offense and he didn't PK. Let's not pretend he was more than he was. He's honestly not a big loss, and could probably be replaced by any number of guys currently playing at the AHL level (which is arguably the more rough of the two leagues). He's really not worth losing your head over. 

Gadjovich on the other hand is on Green, he wanted something else and time will tell whether he was wrong or not. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

ahh yes, the haute cuisine of the Calgary airport Chilli's.

At least at the Edmonton airport you get the visual entertainment of watching the hookers heading up to the patch. 

The burger place is the better option in Calgary.  Even got a decent beer there last time.

Even Edmonton's airport sucks to pass through.

Edited by King Heffy

This is sad.  Jimmy, I've always stuck with you but is the plan to completely deplete the whole cupboard.  You twits keep Petan and Dowling to let Big Mac and Gadj go elsewnere.  I never get mad at the decisions JB makes, but today I'm officially torked.

• Vintage 1